Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default 2014 College Football Thread

People are already getting hyped enough for this College Football season, that it seemed like a good time to get this started.

1st year of the 4 team playoff, Heismann favorites, rule changes forthcoming...

And... go.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

This is where everyone agrees that the Aggies will kill the SEC this year.

/close thread

BANNED

from CT...the Uconn Huskies are not great, but not bad

love watching college ball in general...that and College Gameday is the best pre game show ever

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Bama's offense should be fun to watch this season under Kiffen.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Bama's offense should be fun to watch this season under Kiffen.
    their game against Tenn...in Knoxville should be interesting

I don't care for college football, but I thought I would leave this here for Dr. Kusa San

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    their game against Tenn...in Knoxville should be interesting
    Lane will be leaving the game an hour early to "beat the traffic".
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

Lane will be leaving the game an hour early to "beat the traffic".
    he better get a hat, fake nose, and sunglasses to get in and out of Knoxville...odds are he'll coach the game from the booth, no way he's out on the field

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Wow,lack of activity.

My vols open up vs Utah state on the sec network.

Florida state didn't win easily vs Oklahoma state cowboys surviving a scare. So much for a great repeat we'll demolish most teams we play. I know it's one game but I doubt this one nailbiter was a fluke.
    Ucla offense was horrid from what I heard on the radio but they survive 28-20 vs the uv cavs.
    A bumpy road for the crimson tide but they survive 33-23 over the wv mountaineers.
    Also the lsu tigers continue to be the heartbreakers that win in the fourth as Wisconsin can't finish. I guess you could say the lsu tigers are like the patriots of college football if we're talking a team that has a habit of winning close games they trail in the fourth.

Man it was damn funny recce Davis the whole people are going to be unhappy I should I work with you two every Saturday.
    Also sweet mother of pearl she's after my money I kid you not that's what recce said at halftime when they showed the highlight of Winston running for a td.

While West Virginia doesn't have a stout defense by any stretch, I was impressed by the poise that Blake Sims showed yesterday, especially on third down. I think he'll have a good year.

What I'm worried about is that defense, especially the interior linebackers and corner. Sylve was burned all game long, and without DuPriest, our young linebackers were getting abused. We'll be getting the latter back from suspension next week and the linebackers should get better as the season progresses, but cornerback is my main, and surely Saban's, main concern.

Also, thank God we finally have a kicker who can make freaking field goals.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

At least ON the field, USC is looking good.

Off the field... good lord, are they a mess.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

My LSU Bayou Bengals put me through the wringer again last night! Whew, I knew it was going to be tough against Wisconsin, but I didn't think it would be that tough. As long as Les Miles is the coach, I feel like we can win anytime, anywhere.

I tell you what, judging by what I saw since Thursday, this is going to be one helluva college football season in the first year of the playoff. So many good teams out there. Even Kentucky looks like they have a good team.

Looking forward to seeing how Tennessee has improved under Butch Jones tonight against Chucky Keaton and Utah State.

I love college football. Even more than the NFL. So much color and pageantry. It's the fans and their passion, and the character of each team's home stadium that make college football so great for me.
    WHO DAT?!!

I will say that, even though they lost, OSU had a really good showing vs FSU. Picking off Winston twice and keeping it as close as they could. If they didn't make dumb mistakes and could score some points early in the game, they might have won.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Still too lazy to change Nick Soapdish's Avatar

I will say that, even though they lost, OSU had a really good showing vs FSU. Picking off Winston twice and keeping it as close as they could. If they didn't make dumb mistakes and could score some points early in the game, they might have won.
    I was all set to reply that both of those Winston picks were really stupid passes, but the gist of your comment is essentially the same as I've been saying. I'm glad that the Noles escaped with a win. If a few of those close calls went the other way*, we'd be starting off with a loss. I'm hoping that it's just a combination of overconfidence (fed by the #1 ranking and easy start), the fast-paced offense and our lack of a running game. Jameis said that he'd be more conservative, but it isn't showing up so far and his receivers aren't as good (at least yet). Based on this game, OSU should be in the running for the Big 12(10) championship. They got over that inexperience fast!

*I think that Winston was down at the 1 for his touchdown run, but I don't know if I'd overturn it and I doubt the refs even thought to check that. There definitely wasn't enough evidence to call it a fumble.
    * Karlos Williams, Sr. was down by forward progress before fumbling, but I definitely understand why the Cowboys' fans were upset there.
    * There were at least four questionable pass interference / holding calls, based on the replay. Two went in favor of FSU. There were other two defensive holding calls by Lampkin, but I don't recall seeing a replay of them. And IMO (as a FSU fan, of course), the one on the 3rd down play in a TD drive, wasn't that questionable. If I was an OSU fan, I'd be hot about the other which was a non-call.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Vols opened beating Utah state easily 38-7.
    I'm somewhat shocked they didn't score 40 or more.

The gamecocks lost their opener so the game vs the ug bulldogs will be a must win.