Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Great to see Alabama blow it vs Ohio state as they again won't be going to the national championship game , and finally Florida state's magic runs out losing to the offensive juggernaut Oregon ducks.
    It is pretty refreshing, I don't know if the Buckeyes can keep up with Oregon but they do have a stellar offense. It should be a fun title game.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

For anyone who was still saying the BCS was a better system than a playoff the results of these games should shut them up for good. Under the BCS the two teams that lost would still be playing for the national title (Alabama and Florida). Has to make you rethink just how good all those SEC teams of the last decade really were, and how much of it was just the how the BCS rankings worked.

BANNED

I don't think Florida state lost so much because of oregans offense. I mean they have the ball away half a dozen times and just could not convert 4th downs. Ohio state is having a miracle season, I mean really next man up.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    It is pretty refreshing, I don't know if the Buckeyes can keep up with Oregon but they do have a stellar offense. It should be a fun title game.
    What's more shocking is Saban saying you don't need a trophy to be a winner after the game.
    Can't get funnier than Butch Davis saying he doesn't see getting fired as being fired but a involuntary career change. I guess that's basically her Jedi kind trick or a positive spin of getting fired.

Florida state should have lost to Norte dame but I guess it's far better that they got this far to then blow it at the worst time in the debut of the college playoff system.

Go vols they'll be playing the hawkeyes in the tax slayer bowl soon.

It's been all vols 35-7 in first half

And the drought is over the volunteers win the tax slayer bowl easily 45-28 in a game that wasn't as close as the score. It's great to be a Tennessee vol fan

BANNED

Yeah my parents are Hawkeyes fans so they were less then thrilled.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I know everyone is excited for OHIO STATE and OREGON game on Monday.
    But don't forget to watch the FCS Championship game on Saturday.
    North Dakota State Bison are going for their 4th straight Championship, playing against their Missouri Valley Conference rivals,
    Illinois State Redbirds.
    Due to scheduling these teams did no play it each other this past season.
    Both teams have 1 lost. Both losing to the UNI Panthers.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/football/fcs
    Last edited by signalman112; 01-09-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I guess NO ONE from CBR forums watched the Oregon-Ohio State game.
    If it wasn't for the turnovers OSU would have won by 5 TDs.

Also big props to NORTH DAKOTA STATE. Quite a feat winning 4 straight FCS championships.

2 All-Star games this saturday. NFLPA Collegiate Bowl on ESPN U and The East-West Shine game on the NFL Network.

Lightbulb Oregon / Notre Dame: Season of the Fan

I was surprised that Oregon made it all the way to the National Championship, but Oregon has been performing well in the polls and on the field for some years now, and it felt like they were due.

I thought I would see Alabama and Florida State in the final game and not Oregon and Ohio State.

Notre Dame won a bowl game in years where high rankings and unsteady but thrilling performances did not yield consistent marches toward the Championship or towards successful bowl appearances.

Incidentally, Notre Dame's Fightin Irish features that colorful Leprechaun (that Irish folklore imp who hides pots of gold at the end of rainbows and grants wishes and is really the opposite of that impish demon folk myth character Rumpelstiltskin) as its team mascot. We've come to appreciate and be entertained by the Notre Dame Leprechaun on Saturday CFB games on NBC (Notre Dame is the only school with a steady TV contract).

Football is such a game of gambles, and Notre Dame is arguably CFB's most 'storied' school, and that silly Leprechaun saw the Fightin Irish succeed in a bowl game this season.

I'd like to see Oregon continue its successes next year, and hopefully Notre Dame will find continued improved coaching.

I've always been a big fan of Notre Dame and Miami, and it would be terrific to see them do well next season, though Miami has some personnel and player shuffling management concerns to work out, no?