Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Yeah there's a particular property that I'll mention in a PM shortly, to explain the new historical angle of the Guild

The Lebeau Clan were mystics, from Jacques Lebeau, he was a mystic and while there's not much history past that, there's discussion to add history there, and just... give the whole history a bit of a facelift.

So when I said the Occult would have stronger focus... I didn't mean plot wise, I should have been clearer. So... mentioning Final Fantasy, where stories usually revolve around some epic conflict, with some aspect of mysticism through out... Kinda like that. More focus meaning to bring out the fact the Guilds deal in the Occult/Mysticism, but show them employ that knowledge and power during their combat and method of business. Use these powers to punish or stifle enemies, reveal traitors and snitches, enhance their combat and summon arcana circles and psionic weaponry to rip opponents/enemies to shreds. Show them astral project themselves in places to discover hidden secrets to exploit or steal. Use these powers to do remote assassinations... More over, let's see some DARK type of ritualistic stuff that delves into some gruesome Occult type of stuff. That's what I mean by "more focus" on their use of the mystical lol

Let me PM u cuz I'm not certain if I'm allowed to mention the inspiration in question.
    Yeah I never played any Assassins Creed or Final Fantasy but I do get what you mean show them doing more than speaking so it takes up less time. I like that type of story but sure feel free

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Yeah I never played any Assassins Creed or Final Fantasy but I do get what you mean show them doing more than speaking so it takes up less time. I like that type of story but sure feel free
    I'm gonna go through our other thread and see if I can find the clips from AC and FF and show you what I mean. But yes! That would take the whole plot of the Guild to the next level, and it would pair very well with Remy's new evolution

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Patrick Brown has been releasing some art he did for the new X-Men D+ designs that have been floating around

gambit_by_patrickbrown_de6wd4j-fullview.jpg

It's apparently official art too, so that's interesting
    Make Good Art

Strange that artists are posting it on IG. I like costume but legs and boots are worse then classic.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-16-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Strange that artists are posting it on IG. I like costume but legs and boots are worse the classic.
    I like some details of this but... kinda miss the partial cowl, not keen on his facial structure, his eyes dont stand out enough, and I RLY don't like the boots either and... the style feels too much like... artwork I've seen for mobile games, or online PC games like, an mmorpg character profile. This doesn't say comic to me. And not saying one can't explore different artistic styles, but... somethings off.

Yeah. Definitely see that bad mobile games vibes from it.

That D+ Avatars looked much better.

Yeah. Definitely see that bad mobile games vibes from it.

That D+ Avatars looked much better.
    I heard D+ was bringing some X-Men movies over, but also a rumor about doing an animated series... is this apart of that, or just... profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    I heard D+ was bringing some X-Men movies over, but also a rumor about doing an animated series... is this apart of that, or just... profiles?
    Probably just avatars for show. Will see.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Patrick Brown has been releasing some art he did for the new X-Men D+ designs that have been floating around

If this was fan art I'd be a lot more lax but since it's official I have to assume he was given active feedback by people at Disney on things to change. So it makes me criticize it a bit harder because it makes me feel this is the Disney look that they are trying to turn gambit into. It's very clean cut, I'm not feeling the chest piece too much and no head gear.

Overall a decent piece for fan art but for official art it's kinda ehh. I mean don't get me wrong it's good art work I just would have changed some design choices

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    If this was fan art I'd be a lot more lax but since it's official I have to assume he was given active feedback by people at Disney on things to change. So it makes me criticize it a bit harder because it makes me feel this is the Disney look that they are trying to turn gambit into. It's very clean cut, I'm not feeling the chest piece too much and no head gear.

Overall a decent piece for fan art but for official art it's kinda ehh. I mean don't get me wrong it's good art work I just would have changed some design choices
    Yeah like... I agree, judging it as a standalone piece, its done well... but this being Gambit, and "official" artwork, then it starts failing a bit.

But that's what it is, he's too clean cut, and while I don't see the chess piece, the headgear not being there, just kinda adds to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

I like the artwork.

I think we are all just used to Gambit having a different look and color schemes.

His eyes, while looking downward and are small, should have a little more of a red glow, because that is how Remy's look.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Wait, what X-Men Disney+ stuff?

Astonishing Member

Disney + had some icons/avatars you could use and they made a section for the X-men. It was the animated series cast, but in different costumes. Which of course set off a bunch of speculation about why would Disney put that kind of effort into ‘just’ icons. The new designs have popped up on other some other things (like online coloring pages, short quizzes) So here is another, wonder what it is for, the speculation continues...
    Strange that artists are posting it on IG. I like costume but legs and boots are worse then classic.
    I like the legs, one purple stripe instead many pink diagonal stripes. The boots, I’m undecided, they’re smaller and streamlined it oddly less functional. The old silver ones looked like built in knee pads, etc. I really like the simpler top/shirt.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 10-16-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Mighty Member

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63053286/?mode=desktop

Channing Tatum reportedly might show up in MCU. I doubt it would be to play Gambit but perhaps he will be involved in the Gambit project?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

We Got This Covered is fake.