Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 561
  1. #436
    Fantastic Member Sparta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's a good question. Bat in the Sun gets away with it, so I would think this would be ok. This could technically be safe under Parody (if I'm remembering my Intro to Entertainment Law class correctly haha)
    I actually just noticed Eric Roberts is in this and the actress playing Rogue is cast in Matrix 4. Underneath it did mention that it's nonprofit, so it's probably okay to do?

  2. #437
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Scadrial
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I actually just noticed Eric Roberts is in this and the actress playing Rogue is cast in Matrix 4. Underneath it did mention that it's nonprofit, so it's probably okay to do?
    Yeah, I think nonprofit is key. Once you start profiting, the Mouse gets angry, even with Parody
    Make Good Art

  3. #438
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I actually just noticed Eric Roberts is in this and the actress playing Rogue is cast in Matrix 4. Underneath it did mention that it's nonprofit, so it's probably okay to do?
    That's the right answer I believe. Copyright is about profiting off of likeness of intellectual properties. I'm not sure if there's a way to check if there's monitization on the video or how far it goes in terms of ad revenue. Fair use law is used for non profit but usually for teaching and such. I think YouTube is kinda stretching fair use into newer territories that wasn't intended for but we are currently moving forward and figuring that out

    If we are technically speaking and Nick Bateman didn't get any kind of consent then Disney could technically copywrite if they have the complete rights of the characters name and stuff and wanted to. But I don't think it will get striked. There was a YouTube channel called Star Wars Theory that did a really impressive Star Wars fan film and Disney did indeed claim it (I think it was a claim it could have been a strike). It wasn't until there was massive public backlash that they reversed their decision. This was leading up to Rise of Skywalker so Disney was trying to avoid as much anger as possible. So I think Disney doesn't want to get backlash and also things like this are good promotion and free advertising for their future projects. I don't know if his fan video was monetized or not.

    There's only 3 things when it comes to fair use
    1. Transformative
    2. Does not do damage to the original work or its market value
    3. Use only what is necessary for the work to be completed
    Last edited by Gripstir; 06-29-2020 at 12:12 PM.

  4. #439
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,065

    Default

    Gambit Fan Film With Rogue & Magik Is The Best Argument For A Solo Movie

    https://screenrant.com/gambit-movie-...an-made-video/
    Last edited by Purplevit; 07-02-2020 at 12:05 AM.

  5. #440
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit Fan Film With Rogue & Magik Is The Best Argument For A Solo Movie

    https://screenrant.com/gambit-movie-...an-made-video/
    It's happening!

  6. #441
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Also I've been going through some of other other gambit fan film rabbit hole. Some of them are ok some are meh.

    This one was the opposite of the Nick Bateman one but I really liked it. It's clearly cheaply made and the guy isn't as handsome but imo he nails the accent and demenor of Gambit so thought I would show this guys video from years ago

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2dLMt1R1zjM

  7. #442
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit Fan Film With Rogue & Magik Is The Best Argument For A Solo Movie

    https://screenrant.com/gambit-movie-...an-made-video/
    We need a seperate thread for this!!! Awesome. Great Gambit, great Rogue, great Magik.
    "Burn Her. Slowly. I want her to remember how dying like this feels"- Destiny

  8. #443
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    We need a seperate thread for this!!! Awesome. Great Gambit, great Rogue, great Magik.
    Done
    10 char

  9. #444
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    104

    Default

    I forget I totally wanted to post the results for the poll. We get to see what Gambit fans really love about The Ragin Cajun overall. Here's the breakdown of everyone's choices. The number is how many people voted for that and the percentage is...well the percentage. I gotta admit was surprised in a few of them being so high. Gambit does have some diverse fans

    Gambits friendships with female characters (Storm, Marrow, Jubilee, X-23)
    12 (7%)

    His thieving adventures
    11 (6%)

    Moral ambiguity
    11 (6%)

    Backstory of his time in the thieves guild
    11 (6%)

    Gambit smoking, drinking, gambling and flirting
    10 (5%)

    Gambits friendship with male characters (wolverine, beast, bishop)
    10 (5%)

    Exploring his powers more
    10 (5%)

    Backstory when not part of the thieves guild
    10 (5%)

    Gambit in a rebellious role
    10 (5%)

    Team ups with other Marvel characters
    8 (4%)

    Gambit in a guardian or leadership role
    8 (4%)

    HIs relationship to Rogue
    8 (4%)

    Gambit binge watching shows, staying at home and being kinda nerdy
    7 (4%)

    Knowing a lot of his past
    7 (4%)

    Not knowing anything about his past
    7 (4%)

    Gambit being chill
    7 (4%)

    Seeing him fight against villains connected to the X-men as a whole
    6 (3%)

    Seeing him fight against his own individual villains
    6 (3%)

    Gambit as a sarcastic support character who brings humor
    5 (3%)

    Gambit being aggressive
    4 (2%)

    Gambit being cute
    4 (2%)

    Political issues that are less divisive
    2 (1%)

    Political issues that are based on current events
    2 (1%)

    HIs relationship to someone else you ship
    2 (1%)

    Other: (Gambit showing his intelligence and orchestrating events behind the scenes.)
    2 (1%)

    Gambit in AU or other alternate realities
    1 (1%)

    Moral absolute
    1 (1%)

    Gambit being the antagonist
    0 (0%)
    Last edited by Gripstir; 07-04-2020 at 09:22 PM.

  10. #445
    Fantastic Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    324

    Default

    It’s sort of refreshing to see that Gambit’s relationship with Rogue isn’t the thing that fans value most about his character. As much as I love them together, it seems like they’ve lost a bit of their individuality in recent years. I think they are due for some separate adventures.

  11. #446
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    3,034

    Default






  12. #447
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I forget I totally wanted to post the results for the poll. We get to see what Gambit fans really love about The Ragin Cajun overall. Here's the breakdown of everyone's choices. The number is how many people voted for that and the percentage is...well the percentage. I gotta admit was surprised in a few of them being so high. Gambit does have some diverse fans

    Gambits friendships with female characters (Storm, Marrow, Jubilee, X-23)
    12 (7%)

    His thieving adventures
    11 (6%)

    Moral ambiguity
    11 (6%)

    Backstory of his time in the thieves guild
    11 (6%)

    Gambit smoking, drinking, gambling and flirting
    10 (5%)

    Gambits friendship with male characters (wolverine, beast, bishop)
    10 (5%)

    Exploring his powers more
    10 (5%)

    Backstory when not part of the thieves guild
    10 (5%)

    Gambit in a rebellious role
    10 (5%)

    Team ups with other Marvel characters
    8 (4%)

    Gambit in a guardian or leadership role
    8 (4%)

    HIs relationship to Rogue
    8 (4%)

    Gambit binge watching shows, staying at home and being kinda nerdy
    7 (4%)

    Knowing a lot of his past
    7 (4%)

    Not knowing anything about his past
    7 (4%)

    Gambit being chill
    7 (4%)

    Seeing him fight against villains connected to the X-men as a whole
    6 (3%)

    Seeing him fight against his own individual villains
    6 (3%)

    Gambit as a sarcastic support character who brings humor
    5 (3%)

    Gambit being aggressive
    4 (2%)

    Gambit being cute
    4 (2%)

    Political issues that are less divisive
    2 (1%)

    Political issues that are based on current events
    2 (1%)

    HIs relationship to someone else you ship
    2 (1%)

    Other: (Gambit showing his intelligence and orchestrating events behind the scenes.)
    2 (1%)

    Gambit in AU or other alternate realities
    1 (1%)

    Moral absolute
    1 (1%)

    Gambit being the antagonist
    0 (0%)
    Interesting data. Thanks for info. Surprised with #1 result
    Last edited by Purplevit; 07-05-2020 at 01:27 PM.

  13. #448
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post




    Love to see any Gambit art here.

  14. #449
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It’s sort of refreshing to see that Gambit’s relationship with Rogue isn’t the thing that fans value most about his character. As much as I love them together, it seems like they’ve lost a bit of their individuality in recent years. I think they are due for some separate adventures.
    Bad writing always kills excitement.

  15. #450
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It’s sort of refreshing to see that Gambit’s relationship with Rogue isn’t the thing that fans value most about his character. As much as I love them together, it seems like they’ve lost a bit of their individuality in recent years. I think they are due for some separate adventures.
    yeah it's fun to see. For me I was never a big Gambit/Rogue shipper but I've learned to accept how strong their relationship is. Originally I shipped him with Jean. But overall I think Gambit is a strong solo character but benefits from his many layers of relationships he has with a lot of characters from Rogue, to Storm, to Mr Sinister, to Sabertooth etc etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Interesting data. Thanks for info. Sutprised with #1 result
    You're welcome! I had fun doing it. I'm thinking about maybe posting a panel or 2 of each choice every now and then that displays one of the traits.

    I'm not a data analyzer or anything but I feel like looking at the numbers they are heavily influenced by his character's depiction in current books. It's clear people want to see more of his platonic friendships and see him interact in that way. And they want more of his rebellious side to be depicted more which is understandable. Most of the top choices revolved around him engaging with other characters or being the Cajun that dances around good or bad. Which I think perfectly encapsulates him


    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Bad writing always kills excitement.
    This
    Last edited by Gripstir; 07-05-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •