Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Default Gambit Appreciation 2020

He's an X-Man. He's the King of Thieves. He's Gambit!

xhHiVJ6.jpg

Art by Clay Mann

Fgl8cws.jpg

Art by Adi Granov

First appearing in Uncanny X-Men #266, Gambit was created by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee and has become a fan-favorite of the X-Universe, appearing in many X-Men titles as well as a slew of his own solos (which have explored his history with the Thieves Guild). He has most recently been in Excalibur with his long-time love and recent wife, Rogue, who also appeared with him in Mr. and Mrs. X as well as Rogue & Gambit. Some of his essential reading includes:

Uncanny X-Men #266, 267

X-Men Vol 2 (issue 33, in particular)

Any of his solo series (but I personally prefer the Nicieza series and the Asmus series)

Mr. and Mrs. X

Rogue & Gambit

Astonishing X-Men by Marjorie Liu

X-Treme X-Men Vol 1 by Claremont

X-23 by Marjorie Liu

(If anyone has a more comprehensive list of essentials for reading Gambit, please share and I can edit this).

He is known for his signature use of playing cards, which he charges with kinetic energy, as well as a bo staff and his athletic abilities (not to mention his skills as a master thief and a bit of a womanizer).

Gambit gained a lot of his popularity as a main cast member in X-Men: The Animated Series, but he has also been in X-Men Evolution as well as Wolverine and the X-Men. He has also appeared in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and was slated to have his own feature film, which has been shelved. Recently, he was portrayed by Bill Heck in the podcast, Wolverine: The Lost Trail.

Other than Rogue, Gambit is friends with Storm, X-23, somewhat frienemies with Wolverine and Deadpool and has a complicated relationship with Mr. Sinister.

That's all I've got for him, but if you're a fan, you probably know all of this already and more!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    He's an X-Man. He's the King of Thieves. He's Gambit!

xhHiVJ6.jpg

Art by Clay Mann

Fgl8cws.jpg

Art by Adi Granov

First appearing in Uncanny X-Men #266, Gambit was created by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee and has become a fan-favorite of the X-Universe, appearing in many X-Men titles as well as a slew of his own solos (which have explored his history with the Thieves Guild). He has most recently been in Excalibur with his long-time love and recent wife, Rogue, who also appeared with him in Mr. and Mrs. X as well as Rogue & Gambit. Some of his essential reading includes:

Uncanny X-Men #266, 267

X-Men Vol 2 (issue 33, in particular)

Any of his solo series (but I personally prefer the Nicieza series and the Asmus series)

Mr. and Mrs. X

Rogue & Gambit

Astonishing X-Men by Marjorie Liu

X-Treme X-Men Vol 1 by Claremont

X-23 by Marjorie Liu

(If anyone has a more comprehensive list of essentials for reading Gambit, please share and I can edit this).

He is known for his signature use of playing cards, which he charges with kinetic energy, as well as a bo staff and his athletic abilities (not to mention his skills as a master thief and a bit of a womanizer).

Gambit gained a lot of his popularity as a main cast member in X-Men: The Animated Series, but he has also been in X-Men Evolution as well as Wolverine and the X-Men. He has also appeared in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and was slated to have his own feature film, which has been shelved. Recently, he was portrayed by Bill Heck in the podcast, Wolverine: The Lost Trail.

Other than Rogue, Gambit is friends with Storm, X-23, somewhat frienemies with Wolverine and Deadpool and has a complicated relationship with Mr. Sinister.

That's all I've got for him, but if you're a fan, you probably know all of this already and more!
    Oooohhh, I like the new digs and intro page! Well done.

Perhaps I'll visit more often.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oooohhh, I like the new digs and intro page! Well done.

Perhaps I'll visit more often.
    Please do!
    Make Good Art

Sandmans_Raven, thanks for creating this thread!

No problem! And that's one of my favorite Gambit covers. I love the history shown in it
    Make Good Art

Gambit is my favourite character from any fiction.