Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    He must get his own book. Replace Shaw at Council and rule all black market. Also must use his Wolrd Guilds and King of Thieves statues to support Krakoa. He can steal any information, object or ther things needed. Easily better then Hellfire.

Must be a double agent. He shouldn't trust council and check everything. Show everyone that they are liars and rules are not true.

When he finds out real evidence, he should start a rebelion with other characters like Mystique, Logan, maybe Cyke, etc.
    That's what I was thinking. Gambit has to be the distrustful one. It plays into his character and it allows him to have his own mini story.

The only concern would be Gambit would do all the leg work to set up the rebellion then other members would be brought into his resistance and he would be turned into an exposition character who explains everything while the new characters become the focus of the story and again pushed to the back. But yes I would like to see him organize stuff and prepare for the worst as we see him do that all the time on heists.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

He must get his own book. Replace Shaw at Council and rule all black market. Also must use his Wolrd Guilds and King of Thieves statues to support Krakoa. He can steal any information, object or ther things needed. Easily better then Hellfire.

Must be a double agent. He shouldn't trust council and check everything. Show everyone that they are liars and rules are not true.

When he finds out real evidence, he should start a rebelion with other characters like Mystique, Logan, maybe Cyke, etc.
    Dang, even if he doesn't get his own book, having him replace Shaw would be a really good idea. They really should take advantage of his resources as the King of Thieves.

I haven't read enough of the other books to make an informed opinion, but it seems like the Marauders would be an obvious choice. Otherwise I've always wanted to see him on an X-Force book
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I almost put this one! Such a cool cover and a great little story/introduction for Gambit. Didn't realize Millar hated Gambit, but that makes sense.
    Throw a card anywhere you're bound to find a writer who didn't like writing him. The tv show understood Gambit the best surprisingly and that was a kids show lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Throw a card anywhere you're bound to find a writer who didn't like writing him. The tv show understood Gambit the best surprisingly and that was a kids show lol
    lol so true on both points
    Make Good Art

I almost put this one! Such a cool cover and a great little story/introduction for Gambit. Didn't realize Millar hated Gambit, but that makes sense.
    Yes! Such a good cover and great story.

Dang, even if he doesn't get his own book, having him replace Shaw would be a really good idea. They really should take advantage of his resources as the King of Thieves.

I haven't read enough of the other books to make an informed opinion, but it seems like the Marauders would be an obvious choice. Otherwise I've always wanted to see him on an X-Force book
    Ooohhhhh, yeah! I love that angle - him replacing Shaw. Give the Hellfire leadership back to Emma and let the Thieves Guild join up in an uneasy alliance to fill Shaw's role. Let Remy and Emma chew the page up snarking on and distrusting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ooohhhhh, yeah! I love that angle - him replacing Shaw. Give the Hellfire leadership back to Emma and let the Thieves Guild join up in an uneasy alliance to fill Shaw's role. Let Remy and Emma chew the page up snarking on and distrusting each other.
    Thats soemthing that works with Emma and Shaw, given their history, but wouldnt so much with Gambit. If Gambit is given the seat on the council, he really shouldnt just step in and fill the same role that Shaw did complete with his dynamic with Emma. They should utilize his connections but write their relationship differently in terms of how it sets the backdrop for the book

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats soemthing that works with Emma and Shaw, given their history, but wouldnt so much with Gambit. If Gambit is given the seat on the council, he really shouldnt just step in and fill the same role that Shaw did complete with his dynamic with Emma. They should utilize his connections but write their relationship differently in terms of how it sets the backdrop for the book
    Well it would clearly be a different relationship than her and Shaw had, since Remy isn't in the Hellfire Club and wasn't ever Emma's superior or abuser. If anything, Emma has always looked down on him and they definitely don't like each other or trust each other, but for entirely different reasons.

I could see Remy taking the role for his underworld connections, if maybe not the council seat. It would be an uncomfortable alliance, which I love. It'd actually be nice to see someone question some of the decisions on the Quiet Council for once or be suspicious. I would actually give Rogue the Council seat and Remy leadership of Shaw's former operations, but that's just me.

Well it would clearly be a different relationship than her and Shaw had, since Remy isn't in the Hellfire Club and wasn't ever Emma's superior or abuser. If anything, Emma has always looked down on him and they definitely don't like each other or trust each other, but for entirely different reasons.

I could see Remy taking the role for his underworld connections, if maybe not the council seat. It would be an uncomfortable alliance, which I love. It'd actually be nice to see someone question some of the decisions on the Quiet Council for once or be suspicious. I would actually give Rogue the Council seat and Remy leadership of Shaw's former operations, but that's just me.
    I like this as well. I think it would also be great to then see Emma and Rogue sniping at each other. The little bits we got in X-Men Black was amazing
    Make Good Art

I spent way too much time trying to decide haha
    I did too! It's tough because Gambit has had so many great covers.

But yeah, I'm forever a fan of Joe Mad and the foil covers. I guess the 90s will always own a piece of my heart.
    Yep, same here.

What's great is a lot of my favorites were already posted so lets me find a few more that couldn't make the cut otherwise. Clay Mann(my top 5 possibly could be all Clay Mann covers)
    Same here regarding Clay Mann covers. Issues 8 through 12 are some of the best covers i have ever seen period. I am only going to go with one of them for my list, but it was really tough not including all of them.

Okay, here is my top 5 favorite covers(and I am only posting the image of the issues from my list that have not been posted yet)-

5. X-Men: Curse of the Mutants: Storm and Gambit #1 Variant cover by Chris Bachalo. This is the very first variant cover that I actively went out of my way to get. I was captivated by the artwork and composition of the cover and had to have it. Once I saw it advertised online I let my lcs know that I wanted it ahead of time in case they got a copy. When they did and held it for me, I was perfectly willing to pay over cover price for it(as is often the case for incentive variants), which is not something I do often.
    4915726904_4f2085d973_b.jpg

4. X-Treme X-Men #31. Great cover that perfectly captures these two characters.

3. Gambit(2012) #8. The Clay Mann cover I went with. This cover just has so much going on and is so fun, I love it. Great image of Gambit throwing some cards too, which I always enjoy.
    1276141 (1).jpg

2. Uncanny X-Men #266. Iconic image! Such a great cover. I love the vines and the colors on this cover. Magic was captured with this one and I am so glad that Gambit's full first appearance was graced with such great artwork. Also, as a big fan of corner box images on older comics, this one has one of my favorites.

1. Uncanny X-Men #350. Absolutely love this cover! Just spectacular! Madureira at his best and I love the shine and colors of the cover in person.I'm
    Last edited by thjan; 08-06-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Mighty Member

image.jpg

Hey I was looking up Gambit quizzes and Found this cool one where you have to try to guess his costume. Full disclosure I only got like a 43% first time around lol. Can anyone beat that? Lol

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Mitche...ostumes-gambit

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post

3. Gambit(2012) #8. The Clay Mann cover I went with. This cover just has so much going on and is so fun, I love it. Great image of Gambit throwing some cards too, which I always enjoy.
    1276141 (1).jpg
    That was one of the Clay Mann covers I was considering too.
    Last edited by Gripstir; 08-07-2020 at 07:31 AM.

image.jpg

Hey I was looking up Gambit quizzes and Found this cool one where you have to try to guess his costume. Full disclosure I only got like a 43% first time around lol. Can anyone beat that? Lol

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Mitche...ostumes-gambit
    Wow! It was very coooool! I got 93% 28/30 from the first time. I am a nerd and love it, lol))) Got wrong Days of future now and Ages of Apocalypse costume. Probably got lucky and just guessed costume for the Twelve. Thanks, Gripstir! It was pure fun!

Mighty Member

Wow! It was very coooool! I got 93% 28/30 from the first time. I am a nerd and love it, lol))) Got wrong Days of future now and Ages of Apocalypse costume. Probably got lucky and just guessed costume for the Twelve. Thanks, Gripstir! It was pure fun!
    I think it's safe to say you win the Gambit challenge haha. Congrats! But yeah I had a lot of fun trying it as well. Very well done quiz

I think it's safe to say you win the Gambit challenge haha. Congrats! But yeah I had a lot of fun trying it as well. Very well done quiz
    Thanks! Nah, I sure there will be posters who will guess more. There were minor details like Marvel Now costume because really we had no Marvel Now costume because Gambit by Asmus wasn`t part of it. X-Factor was first Marvel Now book for Gambit.

Loved Battleworld idea to be here because I was really excited with that story when we got sketches that he merged with Sinister there. And then we got only him as wallpaper in a bar.