Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Don, editors and Marvel just don`t care. They are probably too busy with dancing to Hickman's tune.

Gambit vs Blade
    Gambit #4 by Nicieza and Skroce

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Hey, are these images collected anywhere? Like in trade, I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Hey, are these images collected anywhere? Like in trade, I mean?
    Yes. Gambit by Nicieza and Skroce are collected in X-Men: Gambit: The Complete Collection Vol. 1.

Rest of issues of this run are collected in X-Men: Gambit: The Complete Collection Vol. 2.

https://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Gambit-.../dp/0785196854

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    So, we all good with Gambit being portrayed as a super emotional raving moron that picks fistfights with Apocalypse? The man who's beaten Clint twice can come up with a better plan than "punch Apocalypse in the face"? Not to mention, that's not bloody how Gambit's powers work. This is straight-up embarrassing. They do have @$#$#$# editors over there, right? People that safeguard continuity? Make sure @#@$ makes sense?
    To make it worse: Gambit charged his hands and did nothing with them. Next panel he and Apocalypse is back on the ground and Apocalypse simply hammer him down with one punch. So we didn't even get to see how that would have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    To make it worse: Gambit charged his hands and did nothing with them. Next panel he and Apocalypse is back on the ground and Apocalypse simply hammer him down with one punch. So we didn't even get to see how that would have worked.
    Charged hands did nothing in issue 1 already.

So, we all good with Gambit being portrayed as a super emotional raving moron that picks fistfights with Apocalypse? The man who's beaten Clint twice can come up with a better plan than "punch Apocalypse in the face"? Not to mention, that's not bloody how Gambit's powers work. This is straight-up embarrassing. They do have @$#$#$# editors over there, right? People that safeguard continuity? Make sure @#@$ makes sense?
    I'm almost done with Excalibur I'll finish the first arc and then I'm gone. I kept telling myself maybe next issue it will get better for Gambit but it's time for me to accept that Tini doesn't get the character or she simply doesn't have the ability to write him decently.
    At this point I'm hoping that the book will get cancelled as soon as possible and then maybe we get a relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I'm almost done with Excalibur I'll finish the first arc and then I'm gone. I kept telling myself maybe next issue it will get better for Gambit but it's time for me to accept that Tini doesn't get the character or she simply doesn't have the ability to write him decently.
    At this point I'm hoping that the book will get cancelled as soon as possible and then maybe we get a relaunch.
    I hope after second arc it will end and characters will move to other projects and writers. Even limbo would be better.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-10-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Charged hands did nothing in issue 1 already.
    I missed that the first time around. I went back to that cringy scene and there it is. Apocalypse just catches his fist and the energy sizzle out. This is horrible! What's the point? Either they don't know how Gambit's powers work or they are trying to give him new uses. It's useless anyway since it does nothing. I know it's pointless to get upset. They don't care. Yet here I am marveling at the pointless stupidity of it.

Even limbo would be better.
    It's so sad for me to agree with that, but yeah that's the truth. At least in limbo he wouldn't be written so badly.
    Compare those 3 pages written by Nicieza you posted and the entirety of Tini's Excalibur and it hard to believe that is the same character

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Goddess no. I've been trying to be optimistic about this book but this last issue almost broke me.

I hope after second arc it will end and characters will move to other projects and writers. Even limbo would be better.
    That's what I'm hoping too. Have this be another Astonishing X-Men situation so Gambit can be written by someone else in another book
    Make Good Art

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Honey, I genuinely, genuinely envy your optimism. Try not to lose it, ok?
    You must be new. God bless you.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Guys, the charged fists aren't new. He used that move on Spiral in MMX. It was actually pretty awesome.

But yeah, I don't like seeing Remy portrayed as being this hot-tempered. Now yes, I can think of plenty of older issues where he had some of this sort of behavior. But he's very much grown out of it.