Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I remember disliking Gambit's role in Red until he had one great issue (11) that turned around my opinion. Do you think one great Gambit issue in Excalibur can change your opinion of the book?
    Definetely not. He wasn't bad in RED before awesome #11. I just needed more of him.

In Exclaibur he is a punchbag trash. The only thing to save him is to say that all this time it was a Skrull, lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Definetely not. He wasn't bad in RED before awesome #11. I just needed more of him.

In Exclaibur he is a punchbag trash. The only thing to save him is to say that all this time it was a Skrull, lol.

I think we all know what’s really going on with Gambit and the Excalibur writers.
    FB84DCE0-1DF2-41ED-B8BF-A9BE2FC2A51C.jpg

Please don’t ask why I spent any time attempting this edit. I felt the need. And I could have done it better but the free program I downloaded on my phone had limited features for detail stuff

Amazing Member

Well, actually, I think it's just the opposite and all the X-Men have turned "evil". The fun will be when someone writes a story where Remy cannot be trusted because of his past after they have allied with Apocalypse, Sinister, The Shadow King and other X-villains without a hitch. Or how Gambit couldn't be an Avenger for the same thing after Wolverine, Sabretooth and Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I think we all know what’s really going on with Gambit and the Excalibur writers.
    FB84DCE0-1DF2-41ED-B8BF-A9BE2FC2A51C.jpg

Please don’t ask why I spent any time attempting this edit. I felt the need. And I could have done it better but the free program I downloaded on my phone had limited features for detail stuff
    Lol, that`s funny!

Probably one of the coolest moments in Revolution

I just loooove how Claremont`s Gambit was planning ahead.

Hell to the yes! LOVE this issue. Other than not being fond of the uniform changes, revolution gave us some prime Gambit moments showing his cleverness and leadership potential.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hell to the yes! LOVE this issue. Other than not being fond of the uniform changes, revolution gave us some prime Gambit moments showing his cleverness and leadership potential.
    Yes. He shined in Goth arc. Loved how supportive and trustful to his ideas Storm always was.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Oh wow, these pages really take me back. Costumes aside, this was an underrated era.
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

You can tell a lot about a writers intelligence by how they write. I think Claremont is a genuinely intelligent guy and I would guess a patient guy. He understands planting seeds and then going away for awhile then coming back. Then you have a some writers, who I won't name, who aren't really intelligent so instead of showing intelligence they write down a character saying something "wow so and so is so smart" even when their actions say otherwise. Oftentimes used to cover up plot holes.

Mighty Member

Maybe it's just my own lack of comic awareness but I hear people say these costumes aren't their favorites, is it because people find them corny or out of character or something? I don't love the little holes on Gambits shoulders too much but I don't see anything specifically annoying about the costumes of him and Rogue

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Maybe it's just my own lack of comic awareness but I hear people say these costumes aren't their favorites, is it because people find them corny or out of character or something? I don't love the little holes on Gambits shoulders too much but I don't see anything specifically annoying about the costumes of him and Rogue
    They're a little busy or over-designed imo. I still like them for the most part, though.
    Make Good Art

For me at least, it's just personal preference. I like their other uniforms much better. On Rogue's uniform, the giant X looks awkward to me because it's contorted by her body shape and I prefer a butter yellow to a dandelion yellow because the latter is a tad gaudy. And for Gambit, black seems more aesthetically pleasing and logical for a thief than blue, I am extremely confused about the purpose of the giant metal rings in his coat, and the red bandana ... I actually don't hate it, but I'm not certain what purpose it serves. Maybe to hide his identity in a pinch? It made a recent reappearance in the Soule Astonishing X-Men and I liked it better with the all black uniform.

Mighty Member

Probably one of the coolest moments in Revolution

I just love the fact even when people don’t trust Gambit they will still trust him. I love characters that joke around while lying but when they are truthful you know it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    They're a little busy or over-designed imo. I still like them for the most part, though.
    I can see that

For me at least, it's just personal preference. I like their other uniforms much better. On Rogue's uniform, the giant X looks awkward to me because it's contorted by her body shape and I prefer a butter yellow to a dandelion yellow because the latter is a tad gaudy. And for Gambit, black seems more aesthetically pleasing and logical for a thief than blue, I am extremely confused about the purpose of the giant metal rings in his coat, and the red bandana ... I actually don't hate it, but I'm not certain what purpose it serves. Maybe to hide his identity in a pinch? It made a recent reappearance in the Soule Astonishing X-Men and I liked it better with the all black uniform.
    I agree with this. Personally colors don’t affect me because my intro was fuchsia armor. Lol. But yeah the bandana I like because it gives him a cowboy look