Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263 LastLast

Screenrant made an article about that

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...l-zombies/amp/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Screenrant made an article about that

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...l-zombies/amp/
    I love articles like this! I feel like it actually explored the science of Gambit vs Galactus a bit. I don’t know if Gambit could defeat Galactus on his own but that was really fun to read about. They say Gambit can charge up everything the only limitation is organic material and time to charge

You know seeing this thread made me wonder would empath powers work on gambit or would he out charm empath and thus empath would be too enamored to be able to successfully affect gambit.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You know seeing this thread made me wonder would empath powers work on gambit or would he out charm empath and thus empath would be too enamored to be able to successfully affect gambit.
    Well an empath is someone who reads or controls your emotions. Gambit has shown he is resistant to telepath probes but Xavier said it was possible to read him. Just would be very uncomfortable.

Your emotional response is controlled by prefrontal cortex. So I would say if the “empath” or more likely the “telepath who can manipulate a prefrontal cortex only” could penetrate Gambits kinetic shield then it would come down to Gambits will according to one site

Users of Psychic Shield (highly resistant) and Apathy/Indomitable Will/Psychic Immunity (impervious).
    The strength of Gambits will would probably be the second wall of defense. There’s a lot of times Gambit is too cool and could get penetrated but I think If you put Gambit in a situation where he is confident and determined then he could push back against any empath

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I love articles like this! I feel like it actually explored the science of Gambit vs Galactus a bit. I don’t know if Gambit could defeat Galactus on his own but that was really fun to read about. They say Gambit can charge up everything the only limitation is organic material and time to charge
    If it hasn't been retconned, Gambit once (long before meeting Storm but also after he had to leave New Orleans because of killing his brother in law at his wedding) started to notice that his powers got out of controll, leading to him creating explosions much larger than what he wanted.
    In order to get his powers back under controll he made a deal with Mister Sinister who removed a small bit from his brain, ultimately limiting his powers but also allowing him to to keep his powers under controll. The trade off was the "last job" of having to gather what would end up being the Marauders for Sinister.

However in one of his series Gambit met an alternate version of himself who did not have the surgery and instead accessed the full extend of his powers becomming an energy being but also destroying Earth in the process.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    If it hasn't been retconned, Gambit once (long before meeting Storm but also after he had to leave New Orleans because of killing his brother in law at his wedding) started to notice that his powers got out of controll, leading to him creating explosions much larger than what he wanted.
    In order to get his powers back under controll he made a deal with Mister Sinister who removed a small bit from his brain, ultimately limiting his powers but also allowing him to to keep his powers under controll. The trade off was the "last job" of having to gather what would end up being the Marauders for Sinister.

However in one of his series Gambit met an alternate version of himself who did not have the surgery and instead accessed the full extend of his powers becomming an energy being but also destroying Earth in the process.
    To my knowledge all of that is still canon. He’s a beast at full power. His alternate self is called New Son. One thing I like about the fan project being made is they are slightly reworking Gambits story of out of control power into a more believable way that makes sense with Sinister.

I always hope Gambit stays the underdog as thats where he thrives as a character. Being the wild card

Gambit by Dike Ruan. Probably comission or drawing for fun

https://amp.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._by_dike_ruan/

The coolest Gambit pic that I have seen for a long time.

Mighty Member

Gambit by Dike Ruan. Probably comission or drawing for fun

https://amp.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._by_dike_ruan/

The coolest Gambit pic that I have seen for a long time.
    The art for Gambit is really what is keeping him alive. This is pretty awesome

Right spot for Gambit.

10 Of The X-Men's Strongest Martial Artists, Ranked

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-strongest-...rtists-ranked/

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Nice! I expect some fans will be upset with him being higher on the list than others like Cyclops or Storm, but I couldn't be happier. On a side note, I'm also glad to see Warpath on there.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Nice! I expect some fans will be upset with him being higher on the list than others like Cyclops or Storm, but I couldn't be happier. On a side note, I'm also glad to see Warpath on there.
    Cyke and Storm are not even close to Remy on h2h skills, really.
    Cable should be in top 5 too right after or before Psylocke.

Mighty Member

Right spot for Gambit.

10 Of The X-Men's Strongest Martial Artists, Ranked

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-strongest-...rtists-ranked/
    One of the many things I love about Gambit

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Cyke and Storm are not even close to Remy on h2h skills, really.
    Cable should be in top 5 too right after or before Psylocke.
    It's kinda funny to see people's mixed reactions about this on the other thread. Gambit can't get no respect! lol
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    It's kinda funny to see people's mixed reactions about this on the other thread. Gambit can't get no respect! lol
    That’s because he was trained in stealth. I believe he received some combat training but I think he personally went on to learn Savate and Bojitsu on his own. I think I would enjoy a story exploring Gambits days as a Savate kickboxer. Or perhaps a underground Savate champion? I hope he does learn more martial arts but he is proficient in hand to hand

Remember Nick Fury himself endorsed Gambits hand to hand skills.

In a lot of ways gambit is like a reverse ninja. Ninjas are known more for their combat skills when really they were better at stealth and escape. Gambit is known a lot for his stealth but he’s also really amazing at combat

So was Gambit in Swords of X at all? Or even Captain Britain Gambit? They were both there and I thought he stole some important cards prior to the crossover. I've only been reading Excalibur these days and not any other X-books.