Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Attachment 100373

Hmmm ... interesting ... will Remy get a show in X of Swords?
    I haven't been able to find much so far all I could find was a part of an article that was describing the viewing order of the x of swords event

"X of Swords kicks off with two prelude issues in September's Excalibur #12 and X-Men #12. The first official chapter begins in X of Swords: Creation #1 by Hickman and artist Pepe Larraz, which features Apocalypse and his original Four Horsemen on the cover."
    This is the very first official comic of the event. It appears to not be a variant or anything. It could simply be a quick flashback or recap or possibly a B story but I have to believe that a #1 with that kind of cover will deliver at least some panels of Remy and the others. Can't wait to see what happens

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    It appears to not be a variant or anything.

It says variant edition on the upper left side of the cover

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Not sure if anyone here follows X-Men Re-Animated on instagram (it's a collaborative project to re-animate the whole X-Men TAS Intro) but they just posted a really cool section of one of the Gambit partshttps://www.instagram.com/p/CE03CWED..._web_copy_link
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Not sure if anyone here follows X-Men Re-Animated on instagram (it's a collaborative project to re-animate the whole X-Men TAS Intro) but they just posted a really cool section of one of the Gambit partshttps://www.instagram.com/p/CE03CWED..._web_copy_link
    Quality animation but something is off with that Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Quality animation but something is off with that Gambit.
    How so? He looks fine to me
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

I actually did see that but I think someone posted it to YouTube as well. It’s very well done for what it is but the animated series was perfect as is. Though the Japanese intro also gets a lot of props

How so? He looks fine to me
    He looks more like prince charming then scoundrel here. XTAS Gambit had dangerous look and this version don`t.
    XTAS eyebrows were more dangerous then whole reanimated Remy But it is a quality animation.

Mighty Member

He looks more like prince charming then scoundrel here. XTAS Gambit had dangerous look and this version don`t.
    XTAS eyebrows were more dangerous then whole reanimated Remy But it is a quality animation.

This. Though I never realized how important his eyebrows were to his overall look Til you just pointed it out

Ah I gotcha. Yeah, a lot of people tend to make him look a little too pretty for my liking.
    Make Good Art

by Dave Rapoza

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    by Dave Rapoza
    Cool art! Badass. Relaxed but in control of any situation.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-10-2020 at 03:35 AM.

This. Though I never realized how important his eyebrows were to his overall look Til you just pointed it out
    Hah, I noticed it earlier because of Jim Lee`s drawings. He were able to make character differ from other by using special nose, eyebrows, hair or something just differs them. So multiple characters don`t look
    like the same.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    by Dave Rapoza
    Aye very cool. Where you guys finding all this Gambit art? It's great

Ah I gotcha. Yeah, a lot of people tend to make him look a little too pretty for my liking.
    I feel the same way. It's one of the issues with Excaliber he looks kinda cute/pretty. It's not bad art it just lacks that Remy swagger lol

Mighty Member

Hah, I noticed it earlier because of Jim Lee`s drawings. He were able to make character differ from other by using special nose, eyebrows, hair or something just differs them. So multiple characters don`t look
    like the same.

Yeah makes sense! I always judged Remy art by jawline and hair. I never paid attention to eyebrows because his eyes were already so unique but you're 100% right the eyebrow/nose area can be super important to if I accept the art. Not to say I don't accept all kinds of Remy art style choices but my favorites tend to have those face proportions i.e. Jim Lee and Clay Mann

Aye very cool. Where you guys finding all this Gambit art? It's great

I feel the same way. It's one of the issues with Excaliber he looks kinda cute/pretty. It's not bad art it just lacks that Remy swagger lol
    I definitely see that with Excalibur. I like To's work, but it doesn't seem like a good fit for Excalibur sometimes.
    Make Good Art