Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

More cool stuff from revolution era

That escape in X-Men 104 and Gambit taking a lead was awesome. Storm was always supportive and trustful to all his ideas.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    That escape in X-Men 104 and Gambit taking a lead was awesome. Storm was always supportive and trustful to all his ideas.

I actually just found my old copy of this issue not too long ago and gave it a re-read. So freaking good. I love Yu's art from this era
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

That Stormy smile at the end is one of my favorites, and I think I like when someone else is team leader but when they are in some sort of situation that requires escape Gambit is allowed to take over. I'm not sure I lov Gambit as the full time team leader but I like when everyone recognizes they are in Gambits wheel of expertise and lets him have some fun lol

Start rereading Xavier`s Legacy. Good stuff. The only lame moments so far that in first 2 fights with Assassins Gambit needed to be saved at the end. Like he is ok but not good enough. Probably because it is not his book. It was always the same in X-23 solo.

Gam.jpg
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-13-2020 at 03:57 AM.

I just love Gambit and Sinister. Need more of it.

Stopped rereading when Xavier`s story ended.

Last edited by Purplevit; 08-13-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Ah yes, this is the issue I was thinking of from this era. I really should find this in a trade collection.

The dialogue in this whole exchange, the way he and Storm play off and know each other, what he says to Cable about him and prudence. It's just perfect.

Hard agree!

Mighty Member

Stopped rereading when Xavier`s story ended.

Ha I totally forgot about Remy with the fratboy MTV spring break necklace lol. That's all I could think about reading that one. Though Remy and Xavier turned out was a pairing I didn't know I I needed Til that story. It felt so weird to me seeing Remy get alone time with the Professor. Usually it was in group scenes or in a one page convo. I love when comics make you realize you need something you didn't think you need

Mighty Member

Do you think Gambit should be supermodel pretty in movies or just more rugged kind of pretty? He's depicted as both frequently depending on the illustrator

Mighty Member

And my favorite is Gambit 17 by awesome and only Clay Mann. That smirk, shadows and burning eyes. Aspects of characterization on cards. My favorite cover and others are not even close for me

I had a really fun time seeing everyone's covers and having that discussion that purp started and even though I already posted my five I wanted to post a couple more that didn't quite make it to my top 5 but just since the discussion is already set didn't seem to do no harm to post a couple more now

An old cover from Nomad series. I always laugh cause even though I never read the seris I just think whoever drew the characters was getting those metal vibes out there from like those 80s guys and just having fun in life lol

Mighty Member

Gambit and Blade. While not my favorite art style just seeing Gambit and Blade, 2 of my favorites, on the cover always makes me happy just in a fanboy way not analytical in anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Do you think Gambit should be supermodel pretty in movies or just more rugged kind of pretty? He's depicted as both frequently depending on the illustrator
    I would like a charismatic actor like Vensan Cassel that can momentally transform from good to bad and vica verse. Magnetic charm of actor is more important for me then good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Gambit and Blade. While not my favorite art style just seeing Gambit and Blade, 2 of my favorites, on the cover always makes me happy just in a fanboy way not analytical in anyway
    I like that cover. Good looking fight!

I like that cover. Good looking fight!
    Me too. Skroce is also a good interior artist, as well (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-15-2020 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.