Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. One of my all-time favorite Remy/Logan duets is the Hama/Silvestri version from...

Wolverine #55
    (June, 1992)

Wolverine has that confidence every guy needs

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    More scans how badass were Gambit and Sunfire as Marauders. A few pages ago posted how they fought Bishop

OMG! What a relief. It's nice knowing there are still fans who love the artwork of Chris Bachalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Wolverine has that confidence every guy needs
    Agreed. Never leave home without it, as the old saying goes.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! What a relief. It's nice knowing there are still fans who love the artwork of Chris Bachalo.

Agreed. Never leave home without it, as the old saying goes.
    I LOVE Bachalo. I get why he's not everyone's cup of tea, though. That Gambit image, in particular, is one of the first to come to mind when I think of Gambit, weirdly enough
    Make Good Art

The only issue I had with Bachalo's Gambit was that he looked too babyfaced

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    For me it would probably go-

1. Chris Claremont - THE best Gambit writer and not even close for me personally. I love his original work with Gambit on uncanny and the first three issues of abjectiveless X-Men and I love his later work with the character as well(especially on X-Treme). There is just this certain quality to his Gambit that no other writer can quite capture(same for his Storm and Rogue as well). I can't even describe it. He gives Gambit the perfect combination of confidence, talent, charm, intelligence, and mystery(even after all his secrets were revealed).
    2. Fabian Nicieza - Great Gambit writer. Loved the solo and his work with Gambit on abjectiveless X-Men. Gambit #5 is one of, if not, my favorite Gambit issues.
    3. Scott Lobdell - I think a lot of my love for his work can be contributed to Joe Maduriera, but I do greatly enjoy Lobdell's Gambit. I will admit I enjoy the angst between Gambit and Rogue in his work as well. The space arc in Uncanny leading up to the Trial of Gambit are some of my favorite comics.
    4. James Asmus - Great work with the character. Did a good job showing Gambit embrace both his thieving and heroic sides.
    5. Kelly Thompson - Greatly enjoyed Rogue and Gambit and Mr. And Mrs. X. Wish she could have stayed on the characters longer.

After then it would probably go-
    Howard Mackie- Good Gambit writer, and laid a great foundation for the character.
    Tom Taylor- Wish he could have worked with him more.
    Mike Carey- Blasphemy I know, but outside of the Rogneto abomination, I enjoyed a lot of his work on the character and he gave him a few really awesome moments unlike most writers.
    Marjorie Liu- I enjoyed the character work, but her Gambit was largely unimpressive outside of that.
    Oh shoot, yes to Tom Taylor! He would make my list for certain. My only complaint is I want MORE Gambit from him.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oh shoot, yes to Tom Taylor! He would make my list for certain. My only complaint is I want MORE Gambit from him.
    Ahah, definetely! I feel the same. Taylor is rumoured on Moira book. I hope he will get also a team book with Remy. Tom always writes Gambit with respect.

Reread first issue of All-New X-Factor.
    It was ok, I guess. Giandomenico`s art is the best part of it. Very expressive. Felt more as #0 then first issue. Probably should have been Giant size and combined with #2. I think it would be better.

Bad: Gambit got caught on thieving mission. His banter with Logan was terrible. I doubt that someone even cared about ending cliffhanger.

Good: I liked Gambit/Polaris and with Snow. Interaction with Quicksilver was the highlight for me.

Anka`s cover is great. Remember how excited I was when this book got announced at comic con and I was reading live translation.

Last edited by Purplevit; 07-09-2020 at 07:07 AM.

My favorite moments form #1:

Looove how Gambit told from the start that QS is spying on them for the Avengers, lol.

Looove how Gambit told from the start that QS is spying on them for the Avengers, lol.
    Yeah, the art was a big highlight from this series and so was the banter. Also the cats!

I have been back and forth on picking up this trade for all the reasons you brought up.

Yeah, the art was a big highlight from this series and so was the banter. Also the cats!

I have been back and forth on picking up this trade for all the reasons you brought up.
    Yeah. One of these books that you want to like but it is just not good enough to make you satisfied.

SWOON.

Lookit da widdle bebbehz

I will never tire of this image.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

lol that's great. It's almost as if he can tell when someone on their team has their own secret agenda

This is such a dumb thing, but the thing that always annoyed me about ANXF was the eye-pieces. I just thought they looked weird. I enjoyed the book quite a bit otherwise. Lorna made a good leader and Gambit had some decent scenes. I may need to re-read it soon.
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    SWOON.

Lookit da widdle bebbehz

I will never tire of this image.

Well speaking of bebbehz lets all remember this lil guy as a bebbeh

image.jpg
    blob:https://imgur.com/94a81a81-fedb-40f4-bfdb-622de35d038c
    Last edited by Gripstir; 07-09-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Well speaking of bebbehz lets all remember this lil guy as a bebbeh

image.jpg
    blob:https://imgur.com/94a81a81-fedb...b-622de35d038c
    I see your cute bebe Remy and raise you an even tinier one.

679756-gambit01.jpg

Mighty Member

I see your cute bebe Remy and raise you an even tinier one.

679756-gambit01.jpg
    I want to like post a picture of him as a egg in the womb or something though we are still not fully clear how he was born or if he has a mother or is a clone or what