Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    So was Gambit in Swords of X at all? Or even Captain Britain Gambit? They were both there and I thought he stole some important cards prior to the crossover. I've only been reading Excalibur these days and not any other X-books.
    A couple appearances in the background only.

20201125_154830.jpg (flipped and enhanced this one)

IMG_20201125_130959.jpg

Hey ya'll, jog my memory ... is there an instance of the Thieves Guild stealing INFORMATION rather than an object? Seems like this ought to be a no brainer, but I can't come up with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    So was Gambit in Swords of X at all? Or even Captain Britain Gambit? They were both there and I thought he stole some important cards prior to the crossover. I've only been reading Excalibur these days and not any other X-books.
    Not much. Besides the two background appearances AppleJ linked, regular Gambit had no appearances that I know of. The Captain Britain Gambit appeared in Excalibur 13(part 9 of the crossover) but didn't have that big a role and as usual was written badly by Howard.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I just did a search and I just had to share this one piece of Gambit art. It's amazing. He's done other X-Men but this is absolutely the best. Couldn't find the dudes name, though? (Or gal?).

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I just did a search and I just had to share this one piece of Gambit art. It's amazing. He's done other X-Men but this is absolutely the best. Couldn't find the dudes name, though? (Or gal?).

Oh yeah! Dave Rapoza is the artist's name. He's done a few others of Gambit (and other X-Men). Always does really good work. Here's another he did recently

dl8aeypl2jm51.jpg
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh yeah! Dave Rapoza is the artist's name. He's done a few others of Gambit (and other X-Men). Always does really good work. Here's another he did recently

dl8aeypl2jm51.jpg
    Oh how nice! They'd all make a great stealth/combat group. Gambit and Psylocke especially look great!

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Not much. Besides the two background appearances AppleJ linked, regular Gambit had no appearances that I know of. The Captain Britain Gambit appeared in Excalibur 13(part 9 of the crossover) but didn't have that big a role and as usual was written badly by Howard.
    That's really unfortunate about Gambit and all getting is Hellions at the moment. I think it would be cool if he was sent as a spy. Friction with Kwannon a plus. I remember him and ninja Psylocke having a bit back in the Blue team era.

Just because it's Jim Lee and it has Gambit and Psylocke.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-06-2020 at 03:00 PM.

That's really unfortunate about Gambit and all getting is Hellions at the moment. I think it would be cool if he was sent as a spy. Friction with Kwannon a plus. I remember him and ninja Psylocke having a bit back in the Blue team era.

Just because it's Jim Lee and it has Gambit and Psylocke.

"Blue Team era...?!" How could you forget their interaction from Uncanny X-Men #275 (April, 1991):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-06-2020 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Oh how nice! They'd all make a great stealth/combat group. Gambit and Psylocke especially look great!
    Yeah, for sure! 2/3 have been on X-Force already (if you count AoA, I guess). It would be nice to see Gambit on there as well at some point
    Make Good Art

Amazing Member

While I admire his artistic integrity, I honestly don't care about Gambit's current development (which has mostly been trash since Nicieza left). I don't even care if he just does the writing equivalent of a factory reset on him. LOL!

No X news from Disney but a LOT of stuff got confirmed from Lords of the Long box and Sutton rumors. It is a good sign for Gambit D+ old scoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    No X news from Disney but a LOT of stuff got confirmed from Lords of the Long box and Sutton rumors. It is a good sign for Gambit D+ old scoops.
    Yeah, it gave me a little hope to see all of the series they announced. Hopefully that means they're planning some X-Series like the Gambit one
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, it gave me a little hope to see all of the series they announced. Hopefully that means they're planning some X-Series like the Gambit one
    I think it is true that they planned Gambit, Excalibur and Weapon X shows. It is just that they need to announce X-Men movie with that shows together.
    Or just X-men movie first

Astonishing Member

What things were announced that they were right about?

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    What things were announced that they were right about?
    War Machine, and Ironheart series, Kang, maybe even Secret Invasion. They were talking about SI so long ago that I don't even remember.

Also Sutton was right about old Spidey characters to appear which I thought was trash when I heard at first.