Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Three years ago, Nick Bateman said: "It took fellow Canadian Ryan Reynolds 10 years to get Deadpool made, If you want something you have to put it out in the world and work your ass off for it. time to get a dialect coach for that Cajun accent and keep working on this"

This is a commitment I respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    Three years ago, Nick Bateman said: "It took fellow Canadian Ryan Reynolds 10 years to get Deadpool made, If you want something you have to put it out in the world and work your ass off for it. time to get a dialect coach for that Cajun accent and keep working on this"

He is a fan and awesome with bo stuff. Respect it.

Mighty Member

I really loved it. It was better than some of the official X-Men movies
    lol we can guess which ones

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It was really awesome! Action was the highlight of it. Would love to see more.
    For me the portal throw, the kinetic energy to stop the car, the Assassin and yeah the action. And ngl Eric Roberts in here was kinda shocking lol. I guess he got some funding for this film compared to the first fan film. I think the portal girl is one of the executive producers listed and she's Russian. Maybe Nick charmed her into helping make this movie

Mighty Member

I really do feel his Cajun accent improved tremendously between the first fan film like 3 years ago and this one. I'm gonna guess we will see a 3rd one

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    lol we can guess which ones

For me the portal throw, the kinetic energy to stop the car, the Assassin and yeah the action. And ngl Eric Roberts in here was kinda shocking lol. I guess he got some funding for this film compared to the first fan film. I think the portal girl is one of the executive producers listed and she's Russian. Maybe Nick charmed her into helping make this movie
    Yeah, alot of great stuff there. Charged head explosion was impressive. Roberts shocked me too.

There were a lot of stuff that I would love to see in comics. Like cards and portals for example.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-27-2020 at 01:19 PM.

I really do feel his Cajun accent improved tremendously between the first fan film like 3 years ago and this one. I'm gonna guess we will see a 3rd one
    I would love a third one with Sinister.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I would love a third one with Sinister.
    Hey since we can't get in touch with Disney and you said you really wanted that gambit script done maybe this is the way to get some of it. This really feels like it's going to be an ongoing thing for him. Fan films are not to be joked about sometimes. I just had the struggle nation reaction video to his first fan movie trailer was wholesome. Watching their reaction as they fell in love with gambit again gave me a great feeling. I hope they do a reaction to this new video too.

Nick Bateman just did another Gambit fan film. Pretty cool CGI and story if you want to check it out

Attachment 97945

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NegUHlzn_qs
    Gambit and Illyana? What an odd pairing. Have they ever interacted in the books outside of maybe Hellbound?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Gambit and Illyana? What an odd pairing. Have they ever interacted in the books outside of maybe Hellbound?
    Not sure. I feel like it has to do with the actress being exec producer. Maybe they wanted to find a Russian character for her to be in it. But actually a lot of fan films have random crossovers. I think there might have been a dead pool and black panther fan film

Are they allowed to do these sorts of films on YouTube? With copyright etc? I've seen a lot of these fan films around. Nothing wrong with making fan-films btw, just curious...
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-17-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Are they allowed to do these sorts of films on YouTube? With copyright etc? I've seen a lot of these fan films around. Nothing wrong with making fan-films btw, just curious...
    That's a good question. Bat in the Sun gets away with it, so I would think this would be ok. This could technically be safe under Parody (if I'm remembering my Intro to Entertainment Law class correctly haha)
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-17-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's a good question. Bat in the Sun gets away with it, so I would think this would be ok. This could technically be safe under Parody (if I'm remembering my Intro to Entertainment Law class correctly haha)
    I actually just noticed Eric Roberts is in this and the actress playing Rogue is cast in Matrix 4. Underneath it did mention that it's nonprofit, so it's probably okay to do?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I actually just noticed Eric Roberts is in this and the actress playing Rogue is cast in Matrix 4. Underneath it did mention that it's nonprofit, so it's probably okay to do?
    Yeah, I think nonprofit is key. Once you start profiting, the Mouse gets angry, even with Parody
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

That's the right answer I believe. Copyright is about profiting off of likeness of intellectual properties. I'm not sure if there's a way to check if there's monitization on the video or how far it goes in terms of ad revenue. Fair use law is used for non profit but usually for teaching and such. I think YouTube is kinda stretching fair use into newer territories that wasn't intended for but we are currently moving forward and figuring that out

If we are technically speaking and Nick Bateman didn't get any kind of consent then Disney could technically copywrite if they have the complete rights of the characters name and stuff and wanted to. But I don't think it will get striked. There was a YouTube channel called Star Wars Theory that did a really impressive Star Wars fan film and Disney did indeed claim it (I think it was a claim it could have been a strike). It wasn't until there was massive public backlash that they reversed their decision. This was leading up to Rise of Skywalker so Disney was trying to avoid as much anger as possible. So I think Disney doesn't want to get backlash and also things like this are good promotion and free advertising for their future projects. I don't know if his fan video was monetized or not.

There's only 3 things when it comes to fair use
    1. Transformative
    2. Does not do damage to the original work or its market value
    3. Use only what is necessary for the work to be completed
    Last edited by Gripstir; 06-29-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Gambit Fan Film With Rogue & Magik Is The Best Argument For A Solo Movie

https://screenrant.com/gambit-movie-...an-made-video/
    Last edited by Purplevit; 07-02-2020 at 12:05 AM.