Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hell to the yes! LOVE this issue. Other than not being fond of the uniform changes, revolution gave us some prime Gambit moments showing his cleverness and leadership potential.
    Maybe it's just my own lack of comic awareness but I hear people say these costumes aren't their favorites, is it because people find them corny or out of character or something? I don't love the little holes on Gambits shoulders too much but I don't see anything specifically annoying about the costumes of him and Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Maybe it's just my own lack of comic awareness but I hear people say these costumes aren't their favorites, is it because people find them corny or out of character or something? I don't love the little holes on Gambits shoulders too much but I don't see anything specifically annoying about the costumes of him and Rogue
    They're a little busy or over-designed imo. I still like them for the most part, though.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    For me at least, it's just personal preference. I like their other uniforms much better. On Rogue's uniform, the giant X looks awkward to me because it's contorted by her body shape and I prefer a butter yellow to a dandelion yellow because the latter is a tad gaudy. And for Gambit, black seems more aesthetically pleasing and logical for a thief than blue, I am extremely confused about the purpose of the giant metal rings in his coat, and the red bandana ... I actually don't hate it, but I'm not certain what purpose it serves. Maybe to hide his identity in a pinch? It made a recent reappearance in the Soule Astonishing X-Men and I liked it better with the all black uniform.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Probably one of the coolest moments in Revolution

I just love the fact even when people donít trust Gambit they will still trust him. I love characters that joke around while lying but when they are truthful you know it

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    They're a little busy or over-designed imo. I still like them for the most part, though.
    I can see that

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    For me at least, it's just personal preference. I like their other uniforms much better. On Rogue's uniform, the giant X looks awkward to me because it's contorted by her body shape and I prefer a butter yellow to a dandelion yellow because the latter is a tad gaudy. And for Gambit, black seems more aesthetically pleasing and logical for a thief than blue, I am extremely confused about the purpose of the giant metal rings in his coat, and the red bandana ... I actually don't hate it, but I'm not certain what purpose it serves. Maybe to hide his identity in a pinch? It made a recent reappearance in the Soule Astonishing X-Men and I liked it better with the all black uniform.
    I agree with this. Personally colors don’t affect me because my intro was fuchsia armor. Lol. But yeah the bandana I like because it gives him a cowboy look

More cool stuff from revolution era

That escape in X-Men 104 and Gambit taking a lead was awesome. Storm was always supportive and trustful to all his ideas.

That escape in X-Men 104 and Gambit taking a lead was awesome. Storm was always supportive and trustful to all his ideas.

I actually just found my old copy of this issue not too long ago and gave it a re-read. So freaking good. I love Yu's art from this era
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

That Stormy smile at the end is one of my favorites, and I think I like when someone else is team leader but when they are in some sort of situation that requires escape Gambit is allowed to take over. I'm not sure I lov Gambit as the full time team leader but I like when everyone recognizes they are in Gambits wheel of expertise and lets him have some fun lol

Start rereading Xavier`s Legacy. Good stuff. The only lame moments so far that in first 2 fights with Assassins Gambit needed to be saved at the end. Like he is ok but not good enough. Probably because it is not his book. It was always the same in X-23 solo.

Gam.jpg
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-13-2020 at 03:57 AM.

I just love Gambit and Sinister. Need more of it.

Stopped rereading when Xavier`s story ended.

Last edited by Purplevit; 08-13-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Ah yes, this is the issue I was thinking of from this era. I really should find this in a trade collection.

The dialogue in this whole exchange, the way he and Storm play off and know each other, what he says to Cable about him and prudence. It's just perfect.

Hard agree!

Spectacular Member

Stopped rereading when Xavier`s story ended.

Ha I totally forgot about Remy with the fratboy MTV spring break necklace lol. That's all I could think about reading that one. Though Remy and Xavier turned out was a pairing I didn't know I I needed Til that story. It felt so weird to me seeing Remy get alone time with the Professor. Usually it was in group scenes or in a one page convo. I love when comics make you realize you need something you didn't think you need

Spectacular Member

Do you think Gambit should be supermodel pretty in movies or just more rugged kind of pretty? He's depicted as both frequently depending on the illustrator