Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Released cover

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    That's interesting. I remember this run having a few different covers for multiple issues, so this doesn't surprise me. This would have been a cool cover, though. I think I like it more than what we got even
    Make Good Art

It’s a good cover. I like all the design choices Skroce made. The build of Remy. The thinness of the bo. The for Gambit rather unusual pose. It catches your eye.

The one they picked is ok. Just lacks a touch of personality.

If the MCU stuff is real (which I doubt) I hope Rogue never makes an appearance anywhere near Gambit.

Freinds, don`t turn Gambit Appreciation into Rogue hate thread. Noone needs it. This thread is almost dead even without hate stuff.

Just some fanart form net

Last edited by Purplevit; 02-27-2020 at 03:41 AM.

https://news.toyark.com/2020/02/27/m...studios-383587

Iron Studios has opened up pre-orders for their Marvel Comics – X-Men Battle Diorama Series Gambit Statue.

Very cool. It's still out of my price range but not as expensive as I thought it would be
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    If I could have my way, it would go:

1. Solo Series about the guild
    2. Appears in X-Men team movie
    3. Solo movie or movie with Rogue

I never get my way though haha
    Here is how I would introduce Gambit

1. Solo series first season focused on the his time with the Guilds
    2. Solo series 2nd season dealing with his exile and his making a name for himself in criminal underworld including his meeting the Marauders before they were Marauders ie relationship with Scalphunter, run in with Sabretooth. etc.
    3. Solo series 3rd season focused on his powers flaring out of control and his enlisting Sinister to help.
    4. Solo series 4th season where Sinister asks Gambit to form Marauders and them going on a few missions to build the semblance of a camaraderie.
    5. X-men movie regarding the mutant massacre where Gambit appears without ever actually meeting the X-men but having close encounters throughout. Culminates in battle in Morlock tunnels where Gambit is defeated but then X-men defeat Marauders in another section of tunnels. Movie ends with scenes of the fallout and Gambit making the decision to try and be a hero.
    6. Solo series 5th season where Gambit tries to turn over a new leaf and culminates with him helping Storm.
    7. X-men movie where Gambit joins the X-men at Storms request and meets Rogue.
    8. Solo series 6th season that chronicles Gambit trying to keep his side jobs hidden from X-men while courting Rogue who because a regular on show.
    9. X-men movie where Gambit's part in mutant massacre is discovered and he is abandoned.
    10. Solo series 7th season that chronicles Gambit's time away from X-men ending with his eventual return.

That would cover the key points in my view. I suppose you could also arrange the solo series where you introduce Rogue earlier and before she meets Gambit and so the TV show would basically switch between showing Gambit's journey with Rogue's (Cody, brotherhood, etc.). So something similar to say the Witcher where Geralt and Ciri spend the whole season just missing each other as it builds up to them actually meeting.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Here is how I would introduce Gambit

1. Solo series first season focused on the his time with the Guilds
    2. Solo series 2nd season dealing with his exile and his making a name for himself in criminal underworld including his meeting the Marauders before they were Marauders ie relationship with Scalphunter, run in with Sabretooth. etc.
    3. Solo series 3rd season focused on his powers flaring out of control and his enlisting Sinister to help.
    4. Solo series 4th season where Sinister asks Gambit to form Marauders and them going on a few missions to build the semblance of a camaraderie.
    5. X-men movie regarding the mutant massacre where Gambit appears without ever actually meeting the X-men but having close encounters throughout. Culminates in battle in Morlock tunnels where Gambit is defeated but then X-men defeat Marauders in another section of tunnels. Movie ends with scenes of the fallout and Gambit making the decision to try and be a hero.
    6. Solo series 5th season where Gambit tries to turn over a new leaf and culminates with him helping Storm.
    7. X-men movie where Gambit joins the X-men at Storms request and meets Rogue.
    8. Solo series 6th season that chronicles Gambit trying to keep his side jobs hidden from X-men while courting Rogue who because a regular on show.
    9. X-men movie where Gambit's part in mutant massacre is discovered and he is abandoned.
    10. Solo series 7th season that chronicles Gambit's time away from X-men ending with his eventual return.

That would cover the key points in my view. I suppose you could also arrange the solo series where you introduce Rogue earlier and before she meets Gambit and so the TV show would basically switch between showing Gambit's journey with Rogue's (Cody, brotherhood, etc.). So something similar to say the Witcher where Geralt and Ciri spend the whole season just missing each other as it builds up to them actually meeting.
    This would encompass pretty much everything that the general audience needs to know about Gambit. It would be perfect. That's how I know it will never happen haha
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

Screenshot_1.jpg

At long last Gambit has published in Turkey. And I had the honor of translating this babe. There are many comics I have translated but this... this feels really special.

P.S. Since it was impossible to translate "once a thief..." to turkish (we don't have a saying like this) we instead chose a similar name. The name you see on the image means "Thievery is in his blood".
    Last edited by Laemar; 02-29-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    Screenshot_1.jpg

At long last Gambit has published in Turkey. And I had the honor of translating this babe. There are many comics I have translated but this... this feels really special.

P.S. Since it was impossible to translate "once a thief..." to turkish (we don't have a saying like this) we instead chose a similar name. The name you see on the image means "Thievery is in his blood".
    Great work, my friend! Thanks for interesting news

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    Screenshot_1.jpg

Wow, how cool. Great gig and interesting on how to translate things. Awesome!
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.