Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

During a flashback in Gambit's first ongoing his dad says he hates when people refer to themselves in third person. I wonder Gambit did that to rebel. ��

I want to address the elephant in the room. Fans were po'd with Layman but his Gambit actually had some kahunas. PAD did no favors but still, Gambit wasn't demeaned, though not cared about later. TH has now written the worst Gambit ever (imo), MC was better and he wasn't great. LOL. I don't get it.

What does it take to get somebody who cares about this character.

Edit: Don't address KT with me, she didn't care about him, she cared about Rogue. IMO
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I still think Milligan's Gambit is the worst. Remember when he accidentally blew up a gas pipe and took out his own team. Polaris was destroying cameras and he tried to help. And then Bizarre Love Triangle. And then Blood of Apocalypse. Austin's Gambit is probably 2nd worse for me. Blinded himself with his card and treated Rogue like garbage during his recovery.

I recently re-read KT’s run, whilst not mind blowing I thought it was a decent book. Sure Rogue was favoured but at least Gambit wasn’t utterly incompetent and falling over his own feet.

Sure KT and TH were both forced to write Gambit, but the difference In KT’s run Gambit had his own thoughts and fighting abilities etc, Excalibur’s Gambit is just a random civilian who just walked in from off the streets.

Tini’s Gambit so far imo is the worst Gambit, I’ve never stopped buying a book which had Gambit in until now.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofAngels View Post
    Tini’s Gambit so far imo is the worst Gambit, I’ve never stopped buying a book which had Gambit in until now.
    I agree and this is the first time I've not supported Gambit either. The list of poor writers of Gambit is starting to get a tad too long. That means Marvel is not managing the character well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I still think Milligan's Gambit is the worst. Remember when he accidentally blew up a gas pipe and took out his own team. Polaris was destroying cameras and he tried to help. And then Bizarre Love Triangle. And then Blood of Apocalypse. Austin's Gambit is probably 2nd worse for me. Blinded himself with his card and treated Rogue like garbage during his recovery.
    LOL, I try to block that run out. And I did buy it but oof.
    Last edited by Neko; 03-06-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Just my fanart. Always wanted to see Remy with Darth Maul`s double lightsaber.

Just want to point out that back in the day I semi regularly visited the site X-fan. KT was a member there and she was known for liking Gambit.

Milligan is the worst because we know how good he can be. He knew exactly what he was doing. Still think his mainstream carrear never recovered after that.
    With Tini we don’t know the intent and ability. All we know is that’s she’s bad at more things then writing Gambit. Personally I think she dislikes Gambit. Otherwise the choices she has made are bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Just want to point out that back in the day I semi regularly visited the site X-fan. KT was a member there and she was known for liking Gambit.

Milligan is the worst because we know how good he can be. He knew exactly what he was doing. Still think his mainstream carrear never recovered after that.
    With Tini we don’t know the intent and ability. All we know is that’s she’s bad at more things then writing Gambit. Personally I think she dislikes Gambit. Otherwise the choices she has made are bonkers.
    I am sure that Tini hates Gambit. She is writing him so bad on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I am sure that Tini hates Gambit. She is writing him so bad on purpose.
    She can't relate to him. That is the issue. IMO

What was KT's username in X-Fan?
    I started posting on forums back when they were under Fandom.com, when the message boards were all blue lol

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Aw, xfan. I was a mod for Xfan back in the day (different user name, long story). I don’t remember KT at all back then. But I do remember Clay Mann posting while he was still trying to break in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    What was KT's username in X-Fan?
    I started posting on forums back when they were under Fandom.com, when the message boards were all blue lol
    oh I wish I could remember. I think it was something that alluded or even spelled out her name since it was public knowledge. Or maybe she had it in a sign feature.

I think I started visiting it around Milligans X-men run. I clearly remember venting my frustration over his BoA arc. So probably some month before Milligan started since I also remember his Golgata arc getting some goodwill.

KT later started reviewing. Short after that they where looking for more reviewers and I had read a issue of some Hulk ongoing that had struck a chord with me. So I reviewed that and got a response from her. I don't use that mail anymore but I still have it laying dormant. Probably still has that response.

oh I wish I could remember. I think it was something that alluded or even spelled out her name since it was public knowledge. Or maybe she had it in a sign feature.

I think I started visiting it around Milligans X-men run. I clearly remember venting my frustration over his BoA arc. So probably some month before Milligan started since I also remember his Golgata arc getting some goodwill.

KT later started reviewing. Short after that they where looking for more reviewers and I had read a issue of some Hulk ongoing that had struck a chord with me. So I reviewed that and got a response from her. I don't use that mail anymore but I still have it laying dormant. Probably still has that response.
    I started posting there a few years earlier, around 2000-2001 during the end of Claremont's Revolution era, when Gambit was leading Uncanny X-Men and then all the hype with Morrison taking over after that ...and also the Ultimate Universe starting up.

Speed

Agility