Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    It's not just Gambit is incompetent but fights in comics do not have any choreography anymore. It's just people blasting each other. Do you remember the last fight that e team showed teamwork or anyone making calculated moves like in the '80s or '90s? In a mindlessly blasting battlefield, Gambit's use, of course, will become incompetent. I think writers should start playing DnD or something to learn some battle tactics
    Yeah, they really should use D&D characters sheets for the X-men. I don't think the writers or editors pay attention of power and fighting skill sets anymore. Remember when it was a big deal that a depowered Storm beat Cyclops? Now any new character can do that. There's no real rhyme or reason to fights anymore.

It seems that they pit the character of the week against Gambit and have them beat him so show how good that guy is compared to Gambit who used to be amazing. But it's kind of a moot point now since they haven't written him as kickass or powerful or USEFUL in ages. He's just in the background now making noise and being the dunce that everyone looks down on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzidazs View Post
    Yeah, they really should use D&D characters sheets for the X-men. I don't think the writers or editors pay attention of power and fighting skill sets anymore. Remember when it was a big deal that a depowered Storm beat Cyclops? Now any new character can do that. There's no real rhyme or reason to fights anymore.

It seems that they pit the character of the week against Gambit and have them beat him so show how good that guy is compared to Gambit who used to be amazing. But it's kind of a moot point now since they haven't written him as kickass or powerful or USEFUL in ages. He's just in the background now making noise and being the dunce that everyone looks down on.
    Yes I agree. That's what is great with Characters like Gambit and Cyclops. You have to look at battles in another way to make them useful. With Gambit you have to be creative and use stealth. Duplicity. With Cyclops you have to add leadership and strategy for the team. When you just have them blasting things and throwing cards it really is minimum level of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzidazs View Post
    Can't wait to see who they pit against Gambit in the new Cable series and how humiliating his defeat will be. Because obviously they won't let Gambit win as the x-editors hate my favorite character and have for years if his slow fall into complete ineptitude is any indication. The dude threw cards that didn't even explode and tried to punch Apocalypse in the face in Excalibur. Like, why? Why do they hate him??

My bet is on knocking himself out with, idk, a rake or something ala old cartoons. Any guesses?

Unfortunately it is so. The new canon of the last decade places him as a character of low power level, but he could use his improved agility so as not to lose all the time.

It would not surprise me that if faced in the battle arena against Callisto Remy would lose, and it wouldn't be a surprise. He always loses in the current canon.

So I want a power upgrade or to use his damn Death powers that something has.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Unfortunately it is so. The new canon of the last decade places him as a character of low power level, but he could use his improved agility so as not to lose all the time.

It would not surprise me that if faced in the battle arena against Callisto Remy would lose, and it wouldn't be a surprise. He always loses in the current canon.

So I want a power upgrade or to use his damn Death powers that something has.
    The fart powers?

His natural powers are fine, writers just don't know how to utilise them. If Niceiza is back in the X-Men loop with 'Juggernaut' then they should bring him back to Gambit.

Gambit’s mutant powers are fine. He needs stories that showcase his skills as a master thief.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Gambit, drawn by Jim Lee, colors by Marte Gracia

ET2b4sOWkAETCKC.jpg

From his twitter
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Gambit, drawn by Jim Lee, colors by Marte Gracia

ET2b4sOWkAETCKC.jpg

From his twitter
    Cool! Thanks!

Old is Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Old is Gold.
    That big left panel is such a classic. Jim Lee is GOAT
    Make Good Art

More classic

Skroce magic!

Old is Gold.
    The blue team is still probably the coolest X-men team (though Gold had a lot of my favs). Let's be honest it was the cool team in large part due to Gambit and Rogue (of course Wolverine and Psylocke too). I've always loved how agile and acrobatic Gambit is. I also like that he's lean and not bulky. My fav scenes of his are when he's jumping through the air. His powers are very cool too (useful, powerful without being too powerful [other than the times his powers were upgraded]. I would love to see Hickman use Gambit, even if it was just for an issue or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    The blue team is still probably the coolest X-men team (though Gold had a lot of my favs). Let's be honest it was the cool team in large part due to Gambit and Rogue (of course Wolverine and Psylocke too). I've always loved how agile and acrobatic Gambit is. I also like that he's lean and not bulky. My fav scenes of his are when he's jumping through the air. His powers are very cool too (useful, powerful without being too powerful [other than the times his powers were upgraded]. I would love to see Hickman use Gambit, even if it was just for an issue or two.
    Totally. I really like Storm and Bishop, so I liked the Gold lineup but it's got nothing to Blue imo. Especially when you have Lee and Claremont drawing/writing them
    Make Good Art

More classic

Jim Lee's Gambit is certainly iconic.

All-time favorite scene would be giving Gladiator the WHOLE DECK!

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-15-2020 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Skroce magic!

Agreed. Steve Skroce's Gambit was pretty good, as well: