Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    So far all the times we have gotten a badly written Remy it's because the writer didn't want the character. With writers who wanted him it has been mediocre at worst. With Excalibur all things point towards that Tini isn't particulary interested in Remy.
    Yes. Soule`s Astonishing vibes.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yes. Soule`s Astonishing vibes.
    Oh man, don't remind me haha that whole run had like 2 panels in it I actually liked
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh man, don't remind me haha that whole run had like 2 panels in it I actually liked
    Book was lame of course but that 1 panel where Gambit kicks Fanto through door is golden.

Book was lame of course but that 1 panel where Gambit kicks Fanto through door is golden.
    Ah that run! When Sandmans_Raven mentioned it I had no memory of what run he was talking about. I still don't remember anything else then the door and Romy in some sort of dream bathing scene. I know I read all the issues. Can't remember how it ended. Or what it really was about.

Yup, that was one of the parts I liked haha

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Ah that run! When Sandmans_Raven mentioned it I had no memory of what run he was talking about. I still don't remember anything else then the door and Romy in some sort of dream bathing scene. I know I read all the issues. Can't remember how it ended. Or what it really was about.
    The only thing I really remember is everyone losing their memories to Xavier and then Xavier giving Remy some BS mission to pay back his debts to Fanto (which is ironic considering what Fanto did for Xavier)
    Make Good Art

Gambit vs Hawkeye - Contest of Champions 2 (1999)

11.jpg
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-08-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Claremont who let Gambit win fights. I think he ended up either second place or winning his tournament. Reading stuff like this it's not hard to understand why I am so perplexed on how marvel seems to view the character these days.
    Contest is a bit uneven but the it's a solid story with some minor pace issues. Strong character work. It's Claremont after all =) A great showcase on how dangerous Gambit is suppose to be.

Gambit coming in at 29 on the CBR Top 50 Marvel Characters from the last 12 years:

2k4rzjwhoj941.jpg

Not too shabby

Edit: Here's a bigger version
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Gambit coming in at 29 on the CBR Top 50 Marvel Characters from the last 12 years:

2k4rzjwhoj941.jpg

Not too shabby

Edit: Here's a bigger version
    Not bad considering he's been jumping around in just satellite books for the last 10 years.

Didn't know about that voting.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

So, we all good with Gambit being portrayed as a super emotional raving moron that picks fistfights with Apocalypse? The man who's beaten Clint twice can come up with a better plan than "punch Apocalypse in the face"? Not to mention, that's not bloody how Gambit's powers work. This is straight-up embarrassing. They do have @$#$#$# editors over there, right? People that safeguard continuity? Make sure @#@$ makes sense?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    So, we all good with Gambit being portrayed as a super emotional raving moron that picks fistfights with Apocalypse? The man who's beaten Clint twice can come up with a better plan than "punch Apocalypse in the face"? Not to mention, that's not bloody how Gambit's powers work. This is straight-up embarrassing. They do have @$#$#$# editors over there, right? People that safeguard continuity? Make sure @#@$ makes sense?
    Honey, I genuinely, genuinely envy your optimism. Try not to lose it, ok?