Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Cards are pretty compact and light

yes

btw

Tom Taylor`s Gambit always delievered a great explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does Gambit use playing cards as his weapon of choice? Does he havea hobby for playing poker or other card games?
    In Gambit 6 by Nicieza, Remy was cought by Alien crime boss "Pig". He was closed there with other kids. In their "play room" they were allowed to play only in cards game.

When teen Gambit was fighting Pig he used charged cards for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, that was such a bad ass Gambit scene. Messiah Complex, in general, was such a good storyline.
    Yeah. Messiah Complex is my favorite crossover.

Mighty Member

Anyone know any marvel person on social media I could try to send a message to about the gambit tv series or movie? I want to tell them abut somethings about the gambit character that they could change and what they might want to keep. I've literally been reading as much gambit as I can and i gotta tell you there's a lot of bad writers on gambit. Like wow have you guys seen how bad gambit gets when a bad writer is on him? Even the thieves guild stuff is monumentally boring S written. I'm scared they are going to copy that thieves guild stuff from the comics. But it's so boring

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Anyone know any marvel person on social media I could try to send a message to about the gambit tv series or movie? I want to tell them abut somethings about the gambit character that they could change and what they might want to keep. I've literally been reading as much gambit as I can and i gotta tell you there's a lot of bad writers on gambit. Like wow have you guys seen how bad gambit gets when a bad writer is on him? Even the thieves guild stuff is monumentally boring S written. I'm scared they are going to copy that thieves guild stuff from the comics. But it's so boring
    One problem with Gambit for writers is that he doesn't make for a good background character. He thrives on cool moments, stealing scenes and he's allways working towards something. He might talk a lot but he's very aware of what's happening. So he especially looks foolish and like a bad character when written as something else. If a writer has to use him and uses him as a comedic relief or the fool of the story he hurts extra much because he's not built to bounce back from these stories. He's written to be underestimated so he can land in the right place at the right time. Even if it sometimes doesn't look like that might lead to something he makes it work.

It's a knack to write him as just smart enough. Smart enough to pull off what he's doing but not smart enough that other characters see him as a smart character. It requires subtle writing and an understanding of the character. Still that's when written good. To write him decent is easier. Easy enough that it requires much more effort to write him as bad as some do. It's a testament to their effort in writting a bad Gambit. It requires commitment.

So little is known about the possible Gambit tv/movie that no involved persons has been roumoured. As least to my knowledge.

Don't know where or whom to write it.

Gambit D+ series are just rumours. But Thieves Guild, Candra, Pig, Belladonna, Etienne Marceaux and Marauders are rumoured as characters that were reserved for it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does Gambit use playing cards as his weapon of choice? Does he havea hobby for playing poker or other card games?
    He did it because they were easy. Originally he had throwing daggers bolas and could charge them with his eyes. He even carried around a satchel in his original comics in uncanny 270 or whatever the Sh'iar arc was.

In universe in his own series when kidnapped by the pig is when he discovered cards as weapons. Pig made the child soldiers play cards

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    One problem with Gambit for writers is that he doesn't make for a good background character. He thrives on cool moments, stealing scenes and he's allways working towards something. He might talk a lot but he's very aware of what's happening. So he especially looks foolish and like a bad character when written as something else. If a writer has to use him and uses him as a comedic relief or the fool of the story he hurts extra much because he's not built to bounce back from these stories. He's written to be underestimated so he can land in the right place at the right time. Even if it sometimes doesn't look like that might lead to something he makes it work.

It's a knack to write him as just smart enough. Smart enough to pull off what he's doing but not smart enough that other characters see him as a smart character. It requires subtle writing and an understanding of the character. Still that's when written good. To write him decent is easier. Easy enough that it requires much more effort to write him as bad as some do. It's a testament to their effort in writting a bad Gambit. It requires commitment.

So little is known about the possible Gambit tv/movie that no involved persons has been roumoured. As least to my knowledge.

My criticisms of Gambit is that his name is not actually utilized. He is named after a chess move that requires strategy. Gambit is smart, one of the worst things they have done is make him seem like just muscle. In fact I know gambit more for getting captured than saving the day. Though I do agree with you Gambit is not made for background, though him being the sarsastic guy can work for him. I think he is a master theif and yet he never does anything impressive stealthwise. He almost always uses his powers to blow a lock, or we never even see him succeed at stealing. I wish they would treat Gsmbit like a faceless man from Game of Thrones. Show his training and show how much goes into a master theif. Manipulation, deception, combat, technology. All of that that's why I say the thieves guild stuff is boring. They aren't really great at anything that we see. Unless someone knows an issue where we really see the theives guild in action.

Mighty Member

I heard about those characters being reserved and that they want it like a western with powers. I'm not sure if true because sounds like mandalorian

Mighty Member

I just read this comic and thought I would share. Gambit with Ghost Rider is a badass pair, wolverine even shows up in the comic. I love this picture

It came out smaller than I thought i would. Don't know how to make it bigger
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gripstir; 06-07-2020 at 07:08 PM.

I just read this comic and thought I would share. Gambit with Ghost Rider is a badass pair, wolverine even shows up in the comic. I love this picture

It came out smaller than I thought i would. Don't know how to make it bigger
    It was a cool Brood crossover.

I heard about those characters being reserved and that they want it like a western with powers. I'm not sure if true because sounds like mandalorian
    Mando is Disney too so won`t be surprised if they try to use Mandalorian success formula on other shows and franchises.

My criticisms of Gambit is that his name is not actually utilized. He is named after a chess move that requires strategy. Gambit is smart, one of the worst things they have done is make him seem like just muscle. In fact I know gambit more for getting captured than saving the day. Though I do agree with you Gambit is not made for background, though him being the sarsastic guy can work for him. I think he is a master theif and yet he never does anything impressive stealthwise. He almost always uses his powers to blow a lock, or we never even see him succeed at stealing. I wish they would treat Gsmbit like a faceless man from Game of Thrones. Show his training and show how much goes into a master theif. Manipulation, deception, combat, technology. All of that that's why I say the thieves guild stuff is boring. They aren't really great at anything that we see. Unless someone knows an issue where we really see the theives guild in action.
    I love Guilds and all stories about them. It is up yo you if you don`t like them. It is normal, I guess.

As funny as it is but the most useful Thieves Guilds appeared in recent Amazing Spider-Man #8-9 or so.

There were a lot of bad written Gambit but you are not right that he never shows stealth or great thievery.

My favorite stealth mission is from the beginning of Gambit 8 by Nicieza. Remy entered mansion, used powder to see and avoid beams, used Xavier`s aftershave smell to trick Wolverine`s enhanced senses, released a slow biokinetic charge into card near forehead to avoid mind readers as Jean and Xavier, etc. It was great and with style.

Thievery was also great in Gambit #1 by Asmus and he used great tech there or in Gambit #2 by Nicieza.

He used lockpicks a lot of times recently in MMX and in other books too. He is using them a lot really.
    Locks were never a problem for him on his trial, in Gambit 7 by Asmus, on scan below, a lot of times in MMX and Rogue/Gambit mini.

As for Gambit as name a good written Gambit live up to his name. He always has a plan, own motives and doing everything with style.
    That old page shows it. When he get spike in leg on purpose so he can free everyone later.

Last edited by Purplevit; 06-09-2020 at 03:23 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I love Guilds and all stories about them. It is up yo you if you don`t like them. It is normal, I guess.

As funny as it is but the most useful Thieves Guilds appeared in recent Amazing Spider-Man #8-9 or so.

There were a lot of bad written Gambit but you are not right that he never shows stealth or great thievery.

My favorite stealth mission is from the beginning of Gambit 8 by Nicieza. Remy entered mansion, used powder to see and avoid beams, used Xavier`s aftershave smell to trick Wolverine`s enhanced senses, released a slow biokinetic charge into card near forehead to avoid mind readers as Jean and Xavier, etc. It was great and with style.

Thievery was also great in Gambit #1 by Asmus and he used great tech there or in Gambit #2 by Nicieza.

He used lockpicks a lot of times recently in MMX and in other books too. He is using them a lot really.
    Locks were never a problem for him on his trial, in Gambit 7 by Asmus, on scan below, a lot of times in MMX and Rogue/Gambit mini.

As for Gambit as name a good written Gambit live up to his name. He always has a plan, own motives and doing everything with style.
    That old page shows it. When he get spike in leg on purpose so he can free everyone later.

Yeah, the Guild stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I like it a lot. It can be adapted well on-screen with the right writers.

To add on to him being a great planner, he (relatively) recently had this moment in MMX where he knowingly walked into a trap and sewed this ball into him to give him an edge when he inevitably got captured

Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 10.38.20 AM.jpg
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, the Guild stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I like it a lot. It can be adapted well on-screen with the right writers.

To add on to him being a great planner, he (relatively) recently had this moment in MMX where he knowingly walked into a trap and sewed this ball into him to give him an edge when he inevitably got captured

Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 10.38.20 AM.jpg
    2 last issues of MMX are one of the best written Gambit in recent years.
    Funny that last issue of X-Men RED delivered one of the coolest Gambit moment ever too.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-09-2020 at 10:04 AM.