Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I want to like post a picture of him as a egg in the womb or something though we are still not fully clear how he was born or if he has a mother or is a clone or what
    Haha ... yeah, it's a conundrum! I hope we get that story some day since The End was out of continuity.

Did his family or people around him not think he was demonic being born with red eyes? That would freak me out if I saw a baby like that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did his family or people around him not think he was demonic being born with red eyes? That would freak me out if I saw a baby like that
    Abandoned at birth due to his burning red eyes, the mutant child who would one day become Remy LeBeau was kidnapped from his hospital ward by members of the New Orleans Thieves Guild who referred to the child as "le diable blanc" - the white devil.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Abandoned at birth due to his burning red eyes, the mutant child who would one day become Remy LeBeau was kidnapped from his hospital ward by members of the New Orleans Thieves Guild who referred to the child as "le diable blanc" - the white devil.
    Thanks! Now that makes perfect sense

Mighty Member

Thanks! Now that makes perfect sense
    He is rare in that mutants don't really display mutations Til puberty

Lol, it reminded me how Blade thought that Gambit was vampire.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Lol, it reminded me how Blade thought that Gambit was vampire.
    I totally forgot about that. Gambit had to deal with some stuff just cause of how he looked lol

Mighty Member

E33088D1-29BD-4D22-B006-D998E61D84A7.jpg01B95DE8-F312-4DCF-96FB-9638D6943981.jpg

Hey just a heads up on twitter (and I assume other social media) they are having a marvel month for fanart. Gambits day has found some cool fanart if anyone wants to check it out or you want to put your own fan art of gambit out there now is a good time

Mighty Member

image.jpg image.jpg

I want to make a case for why I think Kraven would actually be one of the best villains for Gambit storywise I originally said I'd love a horror comic where Kraven wouldn't stop chasing Gambit. And while I would love that I want to point out some cool similarities I had that make Gambit and Kraven feel like the perfect match set
    1. Both are master tacticians. Kraven uses his cunning to track down and capture enemies. Gambit is the opposite and uses his cunning to evade and escape.
    2. Both are orphans. Kraven was born into luxury then lost it all and used hunting as a way to regain his honor. Gambit on the opposite end never had luxury, struggled and hustled his own life and never cared much about his honor
    3. Both are Olympic level athletes on their own but have enhancements. Gambit charges his body kinetically to give himself above normal reflexes speed and agility. Kraven takes elixirs to boost his strength, reflexes, speed and agility. Even his sight, smell and hearing are superhuman levels challenging Spider-Man.
    4. Both are amazing hand to hand combatants. Nick Fury once called Gambit one of the best hand to hand fighters he's ever seen. Kraven fights well but also uses pressure points to paralyze people. Being able to stop Remy from charging would be interesting like Xena or Ty Lee in Avatar
    5. Both are thrill seekers. Gambit chooses to be a thief because of the thrill of getting away with it. Kraven chooses to hunt people and mutants because it excites him and gives him a rush to best someone.
    6. One is all about their honor the other is not. Gambit, while he does have a moral compass, is not above playing dirty to get the upper hand whether it's poker or a fight. Kraven on the other hand believes in his honor and will not tarnish it
    7. Both have issues with Sabertooth. Gambit and Sabertooth have had issues involving a girl in France, Genevieve, and other battles. Kraven has issues with Sabertooth involving Namor's sister Namoria and other battles.
    8. Both have some sexist elements that actually make the character more fun. With Gambit he's a womanizer who likes to flirt and use pickup lines but also views women as equals or stronger, Kraven on the other hand respects women normally but finds losing to a woman morally disgraceful and doesn't want to lose to a woman. A good writer could really play with that dynamic and make it fun
    9. They both were tasked by Mr Sinister to do something but then turned on him. Gambit was tasked by Mr Sinister to organize the Mutant massacre which he tried to stop when he found out. Kraven was tasked with getting Sinister the DNA of the X-men which he ends up doing. But later Xraven finds out Sinister lied about his intentions and turns on him.
    10. They are characters who could actually put together an amazing dense and parallel fueled rivalry that could go beyond just a quick comic. It could grow Into a full arc or potentially an insane rivalry (sometimes alliance)

Ps sorry for the long essay but I had fun doing this

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    image.jpg image.jpg

I want to make a case for why I think Kraven would actually be one of the best villains for Gambit storywise I originally said I'd love a horror comic where Kraven wouldn't stop chasing Gambit. And while I would love that I want to point out some cool similarities I had that make Gambit and Kraven feel like the perfect match set
    1. Both are master tacticians. Kraven uses his cunning to track down and capture enemies. Gambit is the opposite and uses his cunning to evade and escape.
    2. Both are orphans. Kraven was born into luxury then lost it all and used hunting as a way to regain his honor. Gambit on the opposite end never had luxury, struggled and hustled his own life and never cared much about his honor
    3. Both are Olympic level athletes on their own but have enhancements. Gambit charges his body kinetically to give himself above normal reflexes speed and agility. Kraven takes elixirs to boost his strength, reflexes, speed and agility. Even his sight, smell and hearing are superhuman levels challenging Spider-Man.
    4. Both are amazing hand to hand combatants. Nick Fury once called Gambit one of the best hand to hand fighters he's ever seen. Kraven fights well but also uses pressure points to paralyze people. Being able to stop Remy from charging would be interesting like Xena or Ty Lee in Avatar
    5. Both are thrill seekers. Gambit chooses to be a thief because of the thrill of getting away with it. Kraven chooses to hunt people and mutants because it excites him and gives him a rush to best someone.
    6. One is all about their honor the other is not. Gambit, while he does have a moral compass, is not above playing dirty to get the upper hand whether it's poker or a fight. Kraven on the other hand believes in his honor and will not tarnish it
    7. Both have issues with Sabertooth. Gambit and Sabertooth have had issues involving a girl in France, Genevieve, and other battles. Kraven has issues with Sabertooth involving Namor's sister Namoria and other battles.
    8. Both have some sexist elements that actually make the character more fun. With Gambit he's a womanizer who likes to flirt and use pickup lines but also views women as equals or stronger, Kraven on the other hand respects women normally but finds losing to a woman morally disgraceful and doesn't want to lose to a woman. A good writer could really play with that dynamic and make it fun
    9. They both were tasked by Mr Sinister to do something but then turned on him. Gambit was tasked by Mr Sinister to organize the Mutant massacre which he tried to stop when he found out. Kraven was tasked with getting Sinister the DNA of the X-men which he ends up doing. But later Xraven finds out Sinister lied about his intentions and turns on him.
    10. They are characters who could actually put together an amazing dense and parallel fueled rivalry that could go beyond just a quick comic. It could grow Into a full arc or potentially an insane rivalry (sometimes alliance)

Ps sorry for the long essay but I had fun doing this
    Great review! Would buy multiple copies of it. Now I need more then one shot. Would love to see the whole arc or Gambit vs Kraven mini.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Great review! Would buy multiple copies of it. Now I need more then one shot. Would love to see the whole arc or Gambit vs Kraven mini.
    Haha thanks. The thing I really love about the idea of them together is there are a lot of elements of Kraven that make him seem like the hero against Gambit and Gambit the villain. And elements that make Gambit the hero and Kraven the villain. I think back to the movie Unbreakable with Bruce Willis (wont spoil in case nobody has seen it) but there's a line in the movie about how "you know how you can tell who the villain is? They are usually the exact opposite of the hero." And there can be similarities between them as well. And together the two foes actually elevate each other. Like Magneto and Charles Xavier or Batman and Joker.

Mighty Member

Actually pretty cute. I like the looks on their faces as Rogue and Gambit are really taking it seriously

That mini was disappointing but I always loved that cover.

Mighty Member

I always found the writers names to be the funniest thing. Ben Acker and Ben Blacker feels like it was deliberate. Reminds me of the yearbook meme of like “Johnny cooler” lol