Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Purplevit, what did you think of the Gambit reading guide on @planetxmen instagram?
    I have no instagram so never checked it. Is it good? Can I check it without account?

Cool origins art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit Reading Order by comicbookherald. Good stuff combined.

Gambit Reading Order Part 1: Uncanny X-Men #266 – #280
    https://www.comicbookherald.com/gamb...x-men-266-280/

Gambit Reading Order Part 2: Early 90’s X-Men: Blue Team, Uncanny, and Gambit Mini!
    https://www.comicbookherald.com/gamb...d-gambit-mini/

Gambit Reading Order Part 3: After Age of Apocalypse
    https://www.comicbookherald.com/gamb...of-apocalypse/

Gambit Reading Order Part 4: Late 90’s and Early 2000’s
    https://www.comicbookherald.com/gamb...d-early-2000s/

Gambit Reading Order Part 5: Mid-2000s to the Present Day
    https://www.comicbookherald.com/gamb...e-present-day/
    Very cool list of main plot points. The reading order list I've used for a long time is this one
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...6)/Appearances

Sometimes hard to tell which one features Remy prominently and which is just a picture of him with other X-men in a crossover. But if you click on each issue they at least tell you if it's a featured role (which will usually coincide with his name on the title) or support role. Sometimes they do tell you if the appearance is very brief like 'appears on a screen or something.'

But yeah i think a good reading can give some of the main story points and that reading list has some really solid ones. They got Sabertooth stuff, Rogue stuff and it's great to catch people up on ol' Gamby.

Moon Knight Vol 7 1-6 by Ellis and Shalvey probably one of my favorite comics ever. Really great with a creative take on character.
    Then I will put that on my to read list. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Purplevit, what did you think of the Gambit reading guide on @planetxmen instagram?
    I tried looking for it to see what he said. He said it was on his stories page but I looked and didn't see it. Did he delete it or did I just miss it?

Edit: I found it, I would say it's a fairly basic but reliable list. It covers his solo series and a lot of his major plot points in the xmen series. It's a good starting point for anyone. I would have probably added in a couple issues personally that set up his character but I think it's an ok one for beginners. I think purp has the better list tbh but planetxmen list is great if anyone just wanted to catch up on his main plot points
    Last edited by Gripstir; 07-28-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Really loved Gambit`s Endgame in X-Men The END

He did it with style, as always.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

That was pretty great. Even if that mini wasn't the greatest, it's still interesting to see what Claremont had in mind for an ending
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

I had just seen that Sinister with a card panel recently and I kept meaning to ask if you guys could tell me where it's from but I just forgot. It was such a cool pic I think i have it saved

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I didn't love everything about X-Men: The End but Gambit's role and the revelations about his origin were definitely interesting. Actually I wish Claremont had gone all the way and told his original Gambit "secret origin" with him being the "good" aspect of Sinister's personality. That would have been such a shocker in the 90s had they allowed it to play out as originally conceived.

Gambit Uses a charge to boost Wolverine into the air and on to a roof. Remy`s own fastball special?

Loved creative use by Amsus

He did it with style, as always.

Yeah, this was so clever and poetic ... even if The End wasn't an overall favorite X-Men story and I hated to lose Rogue in such a fashion, it was a great Gambit story angle and I have a huge soft spot for Olivier and Rebecca.

Would like to see his connections to Sinister solidified in the 616 timeline for real. I love a dark origin for Remy, especially if that means his story is about overcoming it.

Loved creative use by Amsus

So good! And him boosting Wolverine too. *sigh*

Purp these are great, but now I'm even more depressed about how underutilized Gambit is right now. (Somebody please come scrape me off the floor.)

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Purp these are great, but now I'm even more depressed about how underutilized Gambit is right now. (Somebody please come scrape me off the floor.)
    What, you don't like Gambit bumbling through a book, barely using his powers, and then being ridiculed by his team? lol
    Make Good Art

Yes, I know how you feel. Not sure if soon or not but crap writing will pass. Earlier or later we will get a good writer for Remy.

Yeah, this was so clever and poetic ... even if The End wasn't an overall favorite X-Men story and I hated to lose Rogue in such a fashion, it was a great Gambit story angle and I have a huge soft spot for Olivier and Rebecca.

Would like to see his connections to Sinister solidified in the 616 timeline for real. I love a dark origin for Remy, especially if that means his story is about overcoming it.
    Yes. I want 616 conection to Sinister cemented.