Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

I like To`s art. He is good. I blame bad writing and dialogues that I can`t enjoy his art enough.

What I don`t like. His Gambit has too big head and small shoulders without costume. He is drawn not high enough.
    On all this pages Gambit is first to camera. At this angle he will always be higher then Rogue even if he is sad with head down. Instead he looks like a child or short guy here.

It should be at least more like that. Fast edit in paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I like To`s art. He is good. I blame bad writing and dialogues that I can`t enjoy his art enough.

What I don`t like. His Gambit has too big head and small shoulders without costume. He is drawn not high enough.
    On all this pages Gambit is first to camera. At this angle he will always be higher then Rogue even if he is sad with head down. Instead he looks like a child or short guy here.
    I like To's drawings, his Rogue is very good, her face is almost perfect. But I've noticed Gambit looks shorter than her, which is a first considering he usually towers over her when other artists have them standing next to each other. Gambit's face is okay, but the body needs work, I'm not a fan of the costume either.

Mighty Member

It should be at least more like that. Fast edit in paint.
    Thanks for the paint edit. It did actually help me understand what you were saying about the angles. It's totally true. And especially in the Instagram age everyone is much more cognizant of their angles due to selfie culture. I feel like angles do a good job of conveying to the reader who we should be focused on. With these angles it would appear they want to give off an appearance of equality. No one is bigger than the other, even though we know Gambit is taller at 6ft. But metaphorically we have same size

Mighty Member

So based on the new comics that came out today I’m wondering if one of two things are happening with Gambit.

Spoilers for Excalibur 12 and X-men 12

1. Did they just want to get rid of the stone story as soon as possible or
    2. Did they subtly make a foreshadow they Gambit is going to have a major part in taking down daddy pac? I couldn’t tell if it was Betsy who told him to throw it or if he decided to for his own terms. But with the X-men 12 point of the kicked out Genesis and crew along with the variant cover art showcasing Pac with the horsemen of death (Angel Gambit Wolverine Daken) that maybe we might see a team up of them vs maybe Genesis horsemen or something along those lines. Idk if Gambit will have a big role but I can imagine ways that this could really give Gambit a big role in this event

Mighty Member

Also Gambit is on the list of characters people think deserve a good reboot after their characters got butchered in the original fox movies

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-sidelined...eserve-reboot/

Marvel honors X-Men legend Chris Claremont in December

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/marve...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    So based on the new comics that came out today I’m wondering if one of two things are happening with Gambit.

Spoilers for Excalibur 12 and X-men 12

1. Did they just want to get rid of the stone story as soon as possible or
    2. Did they subtly make a foreshadow they Gambit is going to have a major part in taking down daddy pac? I couldn’t tell if it was Betsy who told him to throw it or if he decided to for his own terms. But with the X-men 12 point of the kicked out Genesis and crew along with the variant cover art showcasing Pac with the horsemen of death (Angel Gambit Wolverine Daken) that maybe we might see a team up of them vs maybe Genesis horsemen or something along those lines. Idk if Gambit will have a big role but I can imagine ways that this could really give Gambit a big role in this event
    So Excalibur 12. Overall it wasn't good but it had moments that I liked.
    Romy dialogues are garbage. Tini can't do it. Rogue is wasted this issue again.

I loved Gambit/Candra dialogues. It was good.

It wasn't necessary but I liked that Gambit lied about gem. All previous issues he was just moaning Rogue so it was nice to see him having his agenda and making his own decision what to do with it. Even if it wasn't good or right.

Gambit killed Candra. Take one External at a time. I don't like that Candra is dying so often but I liked that Gambit killed her. As I read that moment it was like I get rid off Candra now and later will get rid off Apoc.
    Will see how it will end. Probably nothing good but it has potential. Remy still has a sword (probably that Apoc used to make Candra's gem) and cards (probably Taro) in his bag.

Mighty Member

Marvel honors X-Men legend Chris Claremont in December

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/marve...mpression=true

That's an incredible art piece. It's even got lil baby Stormy! I hope the anniversary gets a lot of love for Clairemont

So Excalibur 12. Overall it wasn't good but it had moments that I liked.
    Romy dialogues are garbage. Tini can't do it. Rogue is wasted this issue again.

I loved Gambit/Candra dialogues. It was good.

It wasn't necessary but I liked that Gambit lied about gem. All previous issues he was just moaning Rogue so it was nice to see him having his agenda and making his own decision what to do with it. Even if it wasn't good or right.

Gambit killed Candra. Take one External at a time. I don't like that Candra is dying so often but I liked that Gambit killed her. As I read that moment it was like I get rid off Candra now and later will get rid off Apoc.
    Will see how it will end. Probably nothing good but it has potential. Remy still has a sword (probably that Apoc used to make Candra's gem) and cards (probably Taro) in his bag.
    Is it just me or does it feel like they are giving each member a focus at different times, like before it was Rogue who was super important and Remy felt like the third wheel and this issue it felt more like Gambit was the focal point and Rogue got the short end of the straw.

Wait i totally forgot Remy took a sword too didn't he. Yeah I totally didn't recall that. Wow could you imagine if Hickman actually did have plans to make Gambit a key player? I would lose my mind lol. But I do have to temper my own expectations and say it might just be something small and only affect the Excalibur book in the future. But I do feel we as Gambit fans can at least feel excited for a little bit that this whole story could be something special.

I don't think that you can count it as focus. Only Apoc and Betsy have real focus here.

I am sure that Hickman has 0 plans for Remy and he will be completely left out from Swords.

I don't think that you can count it as focus. Only Apoc and Betsy have real focus here.

I am sure that Hickman has 0 plans for Remy and he will be completely left out from Swords.
    Well... speaking off, a Gambit fan recommended me to you

I'm part of a massive collective of Marvel fans who are developing a Marvel narrative specifically with fans in mind. One of the key characters for the X-Men, IS Remy Lebeau. The chief writer/animator, is a huge fan of his character, and even stated "... just as Claremont realized Jean Grey's potential, its my time now to realize Gambit's potential..."

She has major, major plans for his character, deeper exploration of his past with the Guild, their insane prophesy, a very touching story given to his "biological mother" and the real reason she abandoned him at birth (an OC), a silent sibling rivalry between him and Henri, astrology is involved, like-- I have not EVEN scratched the surface.

Gripstir is the one who recommended that I speak with you. I did create a new thread for anyone who wants to participate in developing material for the series. I shared some inside info in PM, based on what they said in a comment, and they were so impressed, they asked I came and spoke with you

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Well... speaking off, a Gambit fan recommended me to you

I'm part of a massive collective of Marvel fans who are developing a Marvel narrative specifically with fans in mind. One of the key characters for the X-Men, IS Remy Lebeau. The chief writer/animator, is a huge fan of his character, and even stated "... just as Claremont realized Jean Grey's potential, its my time now to realize Gambit's potential..."

She has major, major plans for his character, deeper exploration of his past with the Guild, their insane prophesy, a very touching story given to his "biological mother" and the real reason she abandoned him at birth (an OC), a silent sibling rivalry between him and Henri, astrology is involved, like-- I have not EVEN scratched the surface.

Gripstir is the one who recommended that I speak with you. I did create a new thread for anyone who wants to participate in developing material for the series. I shared some inside info in PM, based on what they said in a comment, and they were so impressed, they asked I came and spoke with you
    Hi, GMikey and thanks Gripstir. I will pm you.

Mighty Member

Hi, GMikey and thanks Gripstir. I will pm you.
    Np I think they got a cool thing going lol

Mighty Member

One thing I did actually find kind of interesting. In the last issue of Excalibur Remy tosses something through a portal to activate something on the other side. Remy does something similar using Magiks portal in a Gambit fan film made a few months ago. Anyone else feel like Marvel writers saw the fan film and wanted to pay homage to it or recognize it in some way? Or maybe just a coincidence

066CE641-EEA6-4DE8-B9D9-E21B7BCE0119.jpg
    177348B6-8992-4E5E-AA19-94D18928C07E.jpgE101266F-61B6-4B27-91A8-7D150390728F.jpg

Lightbulb A BIG question for Gambit fans...

If you all had the opportunity to give Gambit the story and development you feel he deserves, what would it entail?

What do you like/love about the character?

Have you seen what you wanted represented well, in any media?

What do you NOT like/love about the character?

If there's a complaint about the character, or his development in Marvel media, what would it be?

If you could enhance Gambit in some way, what would that be, and or entail?

If you could have one wish granted, that insane fanboy/fangirl carte blanche done with Gambit's character that you'd love so much, what would it be?
    Last edited by GMikey; 09-22-2020 at 04:50 PM.