Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I do like it. I think the XM one is a lot more my personal preference but sideshow is also amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Some art from Belen Ortega probably for Captain Marvel.
    Maybe King in Black tie in?

Interesting group who is that girl in the front? Is that Captain Marvel? I though it was Magik at first but bangs don’t seem right

Mighty Member

So I had to go do stuff but came back and read the replies about what people want with Gambit and stuff. I pretty much agree with all the points made,

You know what's funny? That new character Solom in the Wolverine book has kinda the personality I wanted Remy to have. He tends to charm people and has an awwww shucks attitude kinda. Gambit is a bit more broody sometimes but he gets along with people, but the thing about Remy is he tends to joke a lot with villains but rarely does he charm them. I'd like to see him charm some more villains to chill out, he's done it a couple times but I'd like to see it more

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I do like it. I think the XM one is a lot more my personal preference but sideshow is also amazing

Interesting group who is that girl in the front? Is that Captain Marvel? I though it was Magik at first but bangs don’t seem right
    I’m thinking black widow because the outfit. Probably just a group wallpaper shot, but hey it’s nice art.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I’m thinking black widow because the outfit. Probably just a group wallpaper shot, but hey it’s nice art.
    It's definitely good art. Can't wait to see what it is exactly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LclhdT-AboU
    Very cool iterview with Chris Potter (Gambit, X-Men Animated Series)

I don`t want to plat Cyclops, I want to play Gambit!

Blanche Spray Golden Girls.jpg

He's aged well.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 10-12-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

No kidding. Have him pull a Kevin Conroy and play an older, alternate universe version of Gambit somewhere
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

He seems totally down to earth and chill. And yeah he really did Age well maybe too old for Gambit but what about Jean Luc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    No kidding. Have him pull a Kevin Conroy and play an older, alternate universe version of Gambit somewhere
    Would be nice to see it.

He seems totally down to earth and chill. And yeah he really did Age well maybe too old for Gambit but what about Jean Luc?
    Chris Potter could do a great Jean Luc! Also, Jean Luc IS a century old or so, but is super youthful due to the elixir. So... I see Chris being a good fit for Jean Luc

Default Should we lose the X-Ternal or no?

The whole story of the Guild is being reshaped and rewritten. With that, a lot of new updates, new angles, how they operate and such, and I will get into it much later.

However, one thing up in the air is the whole plot about the X-Ternal. Some feel we need to remove the whole plot with the Xternal some feel we need to just renovate it. I personally think the whole Xternal plot would be unnecessary, as there's way more focus on the warring Guilds, their race to power and the Prophesy of le Diable Blanc.

If we gave her a major make over in favor of the plot, then yes, but I'm just curious to hear from you

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Chris Potter could do a great Jean Luc! Also, Jean Luc IS a century old or so, but is super youthful due to the elixir. So... I see Chris being a good fit for Jean Luc
    Totally he has that cool swagger to him as well that Jean Luc had. I wouldn't mind seeing its

The whole story of the Guild is being reshaped and rewritten. With that, a lot of new updates, new angles, how they operate and such, and I will get into it much later.

However, one thing up in the air is the whole plot about the X-Ternal. Some feel we need to remove the whole plot with the Xternal some feel we need to just renovate it. I personally think the whole Xternal plot would be unnecessary, as there's way more focus on the warring Guilds, their race to power and the Prophesy of le Diable Blanc.

If we gave her a major make over in favor of the plot, then yes, but I'm just curious to hear from you
    Hmmmm interesting question. I'm actually not sure. I think the thieves guild does need some revamping. And I think it would be cool to really see it like a mix between GTA street style strong arming and brutality of crime and the precision and skill and ritual of the faceless men of Game of Thrones. I'm unsure if the Xternal part of it should be removed. The tithing and all that does provide a certain level of ritual that I like about the guilds but I feel the guilds never really took off because the tithing and stuff is what we really focus on with them. Maybe Candra can the tithing can be less prominent in what we see but I do like her and Remys relationship on occasion.

Totally he has that cool swagger to him as well that Jean Luc had. I wouldn't mind seeing its

Hmmmm interesting question. I'm actually not sure. I think the thieves guild does need some revamping. And I think it would be cool to really see it like a mix between GTA street style strong arming and brutality of crime and the precision and skill and ritual of the faceless men of Game of Thrones. I'm unsure if the Xternal part of it should be removed. The tithing and all that does provide a certain level of ritual that I like about the guilds but I feel the guilds never really took off because the tithing and stuff is what we really focus on with them. Maybe Candra can the tithing can be less prominent in what we see but I do like her and Remys relationship on occasion.
    YEAH! GTA and the Mafia are mentioned as the primary modernized inspirations, with elements of Final Fantasy, and another property (I'll PM u). I love the "Game of Thrones" influence... The Guilds are supposed to be the top ranks of the entire realm of organized crime, reaching the lowest street level, up to political and corporate ties. They are also Occultists, with much stronger focus on their rites, rituals (as u mention), business in controlling their territories or "kingdoms", and invoking various (evil) cosmic type entities for power enhancement, such as the Shadow King and Mephisto. Also, the "order" of the Guilds is revamped to have history dating back to the medieval period.

So... with all that going on, it's why I and several wonder IF the ritual tithing should be removed, or if it needs to be modified (like a lot). If Candra's the one to reveal to Jacques Lebeau the Prophesy of le'Diable Blanc, then... we could give her a new development, tying her to the Guild Order in the distant past. Like... she's old enough to witness certain eras of the Guilds' history, and through lots of ritualistic, occultish scrying and psionic stuff, she foresaw the birth of the "Child of Light"/le'Diable Blanc, and she knew he would be born with a power that could be exploited (which fits Remy's NEW story), for the gain of the Guild, and more so, HER own gain... Like... something like that... ykwim?

Mighty Member

YEAH! GTA and the Mafia are mentioned as the primary modernized inspirations, with elements of Final Fantasy, and another property (I'll PM u). I love the "Game of Thrones" influence... The Guilds are supposed to be the top ranks of the entire realm of organized crime, reaching the lowest street level, up to political and corporate ties. They are also Occultists, with much stronger focus on their rites, rituals (as u mention), business in controlling their territories or "kingdoms", and invoking various (evil) cosmic type entities for power enhancement, such as the Shadow King and Mephisto. Also, the "order" of the Guilds is revamped to have history dating back to the medieval period.

So... with all that going on, it's why I and several wonder IF the ritual tithing should be removed, or if it needs to be modified (like a lot). If Candra's the one to reveal to Jacques Lebeau the Prophesy of le'Diable Blanc, then... we could give her a new development, tying her to the Guild Order in the distant past. Like... she's old enough to witness certain eras of the Guilds' history, and through lots of ritualistic, occultish scrying and psionic stuff, she foresaw the birth of the "Child of Light"/le'Diable Blanc, and she knew he would be born with a power that could be exploited (which fits Remy's NEW story), for the gain of the Guild, and more so, HER own gain... Like... something like that... ykwim?
    So in terms of ritual and you said the “guilds” will be dating back to the Middle Ages so a little bit of Cajun history. Cajuns are believed to have descended from Acadians who were French immigrants who settled in eastern Canada like New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. But In the 18th century they were driven out and forced to move and they all went down to Louisiana and settled there. The Roman Catholic Church plays a huge role in the Cajun lifestyle and that’s why they often very ritualistic and very traditional based on their Roman Catholic culture. So I’m guessing the Lebeau clan will have to be a newer addition to the guilds compared to the others

I do like certain elements of the occult present but maybe more passive role? Like the ritual is more of in passing and can focus on maybe the increasingly violent or growing tensions between the guilds

So in terms of ritual and you said the “guilds” will be dating back to the Middle Ages so a little bit of Cajun history. Cajuns are believed to have descended from Acadians who were French immigrants who settled in eastern Canada like New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. But In the 18th century they were driven out and forced to move and they all went down to Louisiana and settled there. The Roman Catholic Church plays a huge role in the Cajun lifestyle and that’s why they often very ritualistic and very traditional based on their Roman Catholic culture. So I’m guessing the Lebeau clan will have to be a newer addition to the guilds compared to the others

I do like certain elements of the occult present but maybe more passive role? Like the ritual is more of in passing and can focus on maybe the increasingly violent or growing tensions between the guilds
    Yeah there's a particular property that I'll mention in a PM shortly, to explain the new historical angle of the Guild

The Lebeau Clan were mystics, from Jacques Lebeau, he was a mystic and while there's not much history past that, there's discussion to add history there, and just... give the whole history a bit of a facelift.

So when I said the Occult would have stronger focus... I didn't mean plot wise, I should have been clearer. So... mentioning Final Fantasy, where stories usually revolve around some epic conflict, with some aspect of mysticism through out... Kinda like that. More focus meaning to bring out the fact the Guilds deal in the Occult/Mysticism, but show them employ that knowledge and power during their combat and method of business. Use these powers to punish or stifle enemies, reveal traitors and snitches, enhance their combat and summon arcana circles and psionic weaponry to rip opponents/enemies to shreds. Show them astral project themselves in places to discover hidden secrets to exploit or steal. Use these powers to do remote assassinations... More over, let's see some DARK type of ritualistic stuff that delves into some gruesome Occult type of stuff. That's what I mean by "more focus" on their use of the mystical lol

Let me PM u cuz I'm not certain if I'm allowed to mention the inspiration in question.