Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    And here.

Oh wow wasn't expecting that. It's beautifully animated. Almost looks like a Thor smash but with a staff which I am totally on board for

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Oooohhhh! I'm kinda digging this design. Much better than what we've seen in previous X-Men animations.
    Well on that note... saw this in a reddit thread, some tshirts from hot topic that are using the new designs and a re-design logo...Disney is committed to these new looks...

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...umes_on_merch/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Well on that note... saw this in a reddit thread, some tshirts from hot topic that are using the new designs and a re-design logo...Disney is committed to these new looks...

Well all I can say is Wolverine became a thicc Boi. He is literally T posing without extending his arms lol.

Overall I think they all look decent. I think Storm and Remy are the most dramatically changed. Storm is fine though I find it funny they are going with the look that was created as a joke for her lol. It looks like Remys coat is being changed into a cloak with a hood. He's really been given a more fantasy look recently. I think they really feel he's too 90s but I think it's just Disneys traditional fear of risks.I still miss his headgear but we will see

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post

Love it! Would love a series with that design. The same costume but I love how that artist style and Gambit looks young but fresh and his eyebrows are dangerous enough

One more

Last edited by Purplevit; 10-20-2020 at 12:51 AM.

One more

[IMG][/IMG]
    That one is my favorite. Reminds me Joe Mad`s X-Men. Also love when Gambit looks like outsider of team.

Mighty Member

That one is my favorite. Reminds me Joe Mad`s X-Men. Also love when Gambit looks like outsider of team.

For sure same energy. Though I wonder where Beast is lol

Mighty Member

He looks a little better in the closeup but I notice he doesn't have his fingerless/fingered gloves. I feel like all his trademarks were removed. I really feel like all the changes is based on setting up live action actors. So they toned down wolverines ears, gave cyclops the no underwear look and removed Storms long hair. Everything feels like a set up to ease finding a live action person to portray those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    He looks a little better in the closeup but I notice he doesn't have his fingerless/fingered gloves. I feel like all his trademarks were removed. I really feel like all the changes is based on setting up live action actors. So they toned down wolverines ears, gave cyclops the no underwear look and removed Storms long hair. Everything feels like a set up to ease finding a live action person to portray those people.
    I'll be honest, I'm not feeling this design. As you mention, too many iconic characteristics were removed.

Also... there's a slight clunkiness to his design here. Not to knock the artist, but it doesn't complement the character well iykwim

His conversation with Logan was terrible in #1, wasn`t able to steal from Stark when he alredy stole things from him a few months earlier in his solo, master thief with super agility lost control and fell in #2, gut punched by some old guy in issue 5 or 6, jumped right into bullet the same issues, was just staying and watching when Sunfire and Longshot attacked their base, etc.
    Not as bad as Excalibur but it wasn`t good either.

But he had some good moments with Polaris and Quicksilver.
    HATED the conversation in the first issue with Logan. It seemed like a complete 180 and not anticipated at all. I did really enjoy the Polaris dynamic and the art though.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I did really enjoy the Polaris dynamic and the art though.
    Right? I thought it was interesting, at least
    Make Good Art

Forgive me Gambit fans -- Fambits(?) --- jk, okay so WHO are the people Remy is closest to? Like if he (and he alone) were to decide to invite some folks for a vacation, who would Remy invite?

Rogue, X-23, Storm, Bishop.

Were happy to see them all on Gambit`s team at wedding.

I feel like a FOOL!!! I should have remembered when the brilliant Kelly Thompson assembled their nearest and dearest for the friggin wedding. hahaha.