Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 246
  1. #121
    Dazed and Confused Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

    I've been playing both X-Men and X-Men 2 on Sega. So fun. I played 2 a ton when I was a kid
    The funny part for me is I could never figure out the right combo of keys to make Gambit throw his cards but I could kick Wolvies butt with the bo-staff. Made my kid annoyed but I laughed hysterically.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

  2. #122
    Incredible Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The Dreaming
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    The funny part for me is I could never figure out the right combo of keys to make Gambit throw his cards but I could kick Wolvies butt with the bo-staff. Made my kid annoyed but I laughed hysterically.
    Haha that's great. They've gotta learn early that Gambit's superior
    Make Good Art

  3. #123
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    The funny part for me is I could never figure out the right combo of keys to make Gambit throw his cards but I could kick Wolvies butt with the bo-staff. Made my kid annoyed but I laughed hysterically.
    Lol, it made my day

  4. #124
    Dazed and Confused Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    RE: Sega Game Xmen. And my horrible ability to play Gambit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Haha that's great. They've gotta learn early that Gambit's superior
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Lol, it made my day
    What annoyed my kid was that I closed the gap between Gambit and Wolverine and the only move I had was the 'thwap' of the bo-staff. I'd hit that key over and over and she couldn't get her 'attacks' toward me with Wolverine to counter me. Thwap, thwap, thwap ... (probably more than those but, you get the idea) game over. She would give me stink face and I'd laugh.

    Disney+ has the original Xmen series. It didn't age well. That is, I thought maybe the animation would have looked liked I remembered. Then it occurred to me, that it wasn't all good as far animation goes. It looks grainy now.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

  5. #125
    Dazed and Confused Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    From the review thread for Excaliber #6. I am not ready to be in the general population at this forum. Snipped for the only points I wish to have a response for discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Saved the worst for last, man Rogue and Gambit are unbearable in this book, when a writer makes you hate your favorites characters, you know things are beyond bad.

    Talking about Rogue, she seems cold and uncaring towards Gambit, making it all the more jarring given that Gambit acts in the exact opposite way. That difference makes Gambit look completely emasculated and just pathetic.

    PS: For those in the Gambit and Rogue pro-divorce camp, if the baby ain't happening then this might be an easy way out in the future and it's pretty simple actually, Gambit wants to have kids at some point but Rogue is determined that she would never want that, then boom clean divorce and no one comes out of it looking like an awful person or a cheater or dead.
    The coldness doesn't make sense. The conversation about children should have happened before getting married. Prior adaptations lead the reader to believe they wanted a family. There are books with them having children. AU's or not, it showed they had similar goals.

    The children thing is an obstacle in reality for lots of people and as stated, its divorce material.

    Gambit's agency is gone. He is not the character created so long ago that I loved, there must be more to him than Rogue, imo.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-23-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

  6. #126
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,787

    Default

    I am calling the baby being Rogue and Apocalypse's rather than Rogue and Gambit's. Given how much Tini seems to hate Gambit, it will be fitting that Rogue has a baby for someone else so we can all laugh at the poor chump Gambit.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  7. #127
    Incredible Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The Dreaming
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I am calling the baby being Rogue and Apocalypse's rather than Rogue and Gambit's. Given how much Tini seems to hate Gambit, it will be fitting that Rogue has a baby for someone else so we can all laugh at the poor chump Gambit.
    Honestly, it would surprise me more if this wasn't the case
    Make Good Art

  8. #128
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Honestly, it would surprise me more if this wasn't the case
    Me too. 10 char

  9. #129
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1224179003151482882

    If you could pick one X-Men character to write a solo series for, who would it be?

    Donny Cates: Gambit

    We need to support it and save Remy from Excalibur or Hikman trolling.
    All in everyone who have twitter. We need to show Marvel and Cates that there are fans and demand for such book.

  10. #130
    Incredible Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The Dreaming
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1224179003151482882

    If you could pick one X-Men character to write a solo series for, who would it be?

    Donny Cates: Gambit

    We need to support it and save Remy from Excalibur or Hikman trolling.
    All in everyone who have twitter. We need to show Marvel and Cates that there are fans and demand for such book.
    Cates seems to be a rising star at Marvel. I could see them giving him a Gambit solo if he had a pitch for it.
    Make Good Art

  11. #131
    Extraordinary Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,733

    Default


  12. #132
    Incredible Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The Dreaming
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yessss. Probably my favorite part from this book. Deodato on the art was great too
    Make Good Art

  13. #133
    Spectacular Member Nopozyzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    145

    Default

    I've been re-reading my old comics and I've reached the point in Gambit's first ongoing where they did the online only issue. If anyone here ever read it can you please give me a very detailed recap. It really bugs me that I'm missing an issue and never got closure with some of those characters like Spat and Grovel and whoever else is in that.

  14. #134
    Fantastic Member Sparta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I've been re-reading my old comics and I've reached the point in Gambit's first ongoing where they did the online only issue. If anyone here ever read it can you please give me a very detailed recap. It really bugs me that I'm missing an issue and never got closure with some of those characters like Spat and Grovel and whoever else is in that.
    Ah, the interactive motion comic, I think it was called 'Hunt for the Tomorrow Stone' That was way back in 2000 I think. I read it when it came out in marvel.com. I think Sek, Spat and Grovel were in it. It was really cool, done in Flash I think. They also did an X-Men online comic with Gambit, Rogue and Colossus as Xavier's original students.

  15. #135
    White Walker Icefanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I've been re-reading my old comics and I've reached the point in Gambit's first ongoing where they did the online only issue. If anyone here ever read it can you please give me a very detailed recap. It really bugs me that I'm missing an issue and never got closure with some of those characters like Spat and Grovel and whoever else is in that.
    You can find out more about it here:

    https://gambitgazette.tumblr.com/pos...e-hunt-for-the

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •