Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I like the new Black and Red costume in Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Marvel Team-Up #30 Feb 1975
    "All That Glitters Is Not Gold!"
    After a patrol, Peter Parker is changing out of his Spider-Man costume
    when he hears a scream from the streets below.
    Dutifully putting his mask back on, Peter spots his neighbor,
    Glory Grant being attacked by a group of men.
    Spider-Man gets between Glory and her attackers.
    Worried about having another false murder accusation lobbed against him,
    the wall-crawler pulls his punches on these thugs, even though they are coming at him at full force.
    Dodging a bullet, Spider-Man knocks out the attackers, with some assistance from Glory Grant.
    Now that Glory is safe, she asks Spider-Man to do her a favor and carry her attackers up to her apartment.
    The web-slinger complies to this strange request and when he asks why he learns that one of these thugs is her cousin, Ramon.

As she starts telling him that this is a family affair that she must deal with alone,
    Ramon suddenly wakes up and tries to attack them again.
    Noticing the youth is in a trance, Spider-Man wraps him up in webbing to stop him from hurting anyone.
    Suddenly, Ramon snaps out of it and tells them what happened to him.
    He explains that he and his friends went to a local nightclub where they were grabbed and drugged by some goons.
    They were then taken into the back of the establishment where a man in a gold suit sprayed them with something,
    and that was the last thing he remembered. Glory heard about this golden man,
    and how there were rumors about him wanting to wipe out African-Americans.
    Hearing this, Spider-Man is furious and decides to deal with this mystery foe and swings off.

With Spider-Man gone, Glory places a call to the office of Sam Wilson in Harlem.
    Hoping it's Captain America, Wilson instead learns that it is from Glory Grant.
    After she tells Sam everything she knows, Wilson changes into the Falcon and goes out to investigate this new lead.
    The two heroes descend on the nightclub, unaware of each other

until they both come crashing in through the main entrance.
    Their foe, a golden garbed man named Midas, orders his men to kill them.
    While Spider-Man webs up on half of the shooters,

the Falcon tangles up the rest in a massive show curtain.
    During the confusion, Midas escapes, leaving the heroes to try and get answers from his minions.

Script by Gerry Conway. Pencils by Jim Mooney. Inks by Vince Colletta.
    I have a fond memory of Spider-man and Falcon teaming up.

And I prefer the old costume: much more original…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And I prefer the old costume: much more original…
    At the time I liked Falcon's classic look. I drew it often.

But they clearly needed to update his appearance. I don't think they've given him a great new costume, but this is coming from someone who still wishes that the Falcon was the human counterpart of the Egyptian god, Horus the Elder. I'm sure someone likes the costume.

I think they should go back to the white and red.

So, I'm watching Altered Carbon season 2 and Mackie is doing pretty well! He's managing these action scenes great and it's really getting me excited for his FalCap. Even though production has been halted to the pandemic I'm really itching for the show.

When it comes to his suit the red/black has grown on me but I'll forver prefer the red/white. I hope after the show does hit that Marvel synergy pops up and we get a suit close to the one he wears on F&WS.

How have you all been feeling about the mini so far?

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Really enjoyed this one. Liked that they recognize Sam as a leader among the Avengers and his connection to Black Panther.

Falcon and Winter Soldier #2 was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Falcon and Winter Soldier #2 was really good.
    my soul is eroding waiting for it in the mail
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Even though I'm among the older fans that remember his original suit, I'm all for Sam getting and keeping an upgrade to his suit. I think when the day, age and climate that he exists in as a hero. A guy with regular strength and physicality, that flies with an exposed costume just isn't smart. Let's lean into the connection with Black Panther and see him get an upgrade to a winged suit that offers protection and maybe even some level of enhancement. I feel that similar to how Cyborg is treated like somehow he is better off with a stagnant or regressed aesthetic while all his peers continue to "level up".

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Even though I'm among the older fans that remember his original suit, I'm all for Sam getting and keeping an upgrade to his suit. I think when the day, age and climate that he exists in as a hero. A guy with regular strength and physicality, that flies with an exposed costume just isn't smart. Let's lean into the connection with Black Panther and see him get an upgrade to a winged suit that offers protection and maybe even some level of enhancement. I feel that similar to how Cyborg is treated like somehow he is better off with a stagnant or regressed aesthetic while all his peers continue to "level up".
    Upgraded tech is fine, I'd just rather a change in colors/general design aesthetic.

The suit he has now covers everything except his mouth and jaw. And the suit has flamethrowers.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    So, I'm watching Altered Carbon season 2 and Mackie is doing pretty well! He's managing these action scenes great and it's really getting me excited for his FalCap.
    I definitely enjoyed Altered Carbon Season 2 (AC2), even though it wasn't as visceral and suspenseful as the first season. If you think about it, Season 2 was a glimpse of the Falcon and Misty Knight in a series, with Simone Missick, (who played the role of Misty in Netflix's Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Defenders) playing the role of Trepp in AC2.

I especially liked Mackie's chemistry with the beautiful Renée Elise Goldsberry in AC2. It seems only fitting, given she played the character Quellcrist Falconer. It's all in the name. The MCU should seriously consider casting Ms. Goldsberry as a love interest for Sam. A tip of the hat to the excellent writers of Altered Carbon.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-29-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The suit he has now covers everything except his mouth and jaw. And the suit has flamethrowers.
    Cool, so just wondering what kind of protection is his current suit designed for, like is it base bulletproof for example? I guess the flamethrower is good for street level threats.

Cool, so just wondering what kind of protection is his current suit designed for, like is it base bulletproof for example? I guess the flamethrower is good for street level threats.
    Probably all the generic stuff heroes have to deal with like heat resistance, bulletproof, electro shockproof etc... Maybe a little impact resistance too as well since he is just a normal human being.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8