Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

no redwing with the toy?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forgot he had a "classic" look before he went all Gatchaman.
    Yeah, he had that one, the Gatchaman visor, and then an MCU style one in season 4.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You know who’d I’d like to see Falcon hook up with?

Bonita Juarez.

Both Avengers. Both Social Workers. Both bird themed.
    Bonita is definitely hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he had that one, the Gatchaman visor, and then an MCU style one in season 4.
    It's too bad they went MCU style before he got a more colorful costume for his Disney+ show, which would've likely looked better in animation.

Posted this in the Winter Soldier thread, but wanted to ask if anyone else has been reading the Falcon and Winter Soldier miniseries. Caught up with issues 1 - 4 last night. Reading it piecemeal was confusing, but reading it together definitely helped put the pieces together. The series features a great back and forth between Buck and Sam in here. There's this really subdued sense of humor in the midst of warring Hydra factions. Kinda millennial in a way. In terms of Sam, I appreciate the series' depiction. He seems to have more of Captain America's integrity than does Buck in the series. He has that natural goodness that Steve has. Reiterates that Sam has the potential to be a very good leader.

Looking forward to the next issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Posted this in the Winter Soldier thread, but wanted to ask if anyone else has been reading the Falcon and Winter Soldier miniseries. Caught up with issues 1 - 4 last night. Reading it piecemeal was confusing, but reading it together definitely helped put the pieces together. The series features a great back and forth between Buck and Sam in here. There's this really subdued sense of humor in the midst of warring Hydra factions. Kinda millennial in a way. In terms of Sam, I appreciate the series' depiction. He seems to have more of Captain America's integrity than does Buck in the series. He has that natural goodness that Steve has. Reiterates that Sam has the potential to be a very good leader.

I popped into this thread for the same reason. I was pleasantly surprised by what i've read thus far (especially following the Falcon *non Captain America* solo. Ugh..the way his solo was handled irritated me). Falcon's depicted well and looks good.
    Don't complain. Create.

It was a good read. I think Sam and Bucky are really starting to have an understanding between them and I would mind seeing a few more minis with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It was a good read. I think Sam and Bucky are really starting to have an understanding between them and I would mind seeing a few more minis with them.
    Same here, Also I want to see more of Sam & Mercedes rship on panel above anything else.. I like to see a mighty/Secret Avengers relaunch with Falcon, Misty, WS, Black Widow , WM, Echo, Shang
    & maybe Bruce/Hulk.

The series was awesome. Good material for the TV show.

BANNED

I like the idea of Sam's costume being modeled on the 13 Stripes and Buck's being modeled on the 50 Stars, with Steve's costume being a combination of the two.

BANNED

Best costume for da bois:

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Best costume for da bois:

Definitely Sam's best live-action costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The only thing I didn't like was this tired re-hashing of the killing or no killing debate in superhero comics, when both Sam and Buck are soldiers who have killed in the past. It felt like a too-forced ideological debate, especially since the author clearly thinks the position he gave Buck is the right one but had to side with Sam for genre storytelling convention. Just makes Sam look limp-wristed in comparison.

I'd prefer if the dividing line between the two were just optimism vs realism, with Sam preferring diplomacy first where possible, while Buck wants to eliminate threats off the bat or is just more casual about employing force. I like how the MCU made Sam a pararescueman/PJ, while Buck was involved in secret missions dating back to his involvement in WWII. I think that works as a more plausible and interesting contrast, with Steve being the middle point between the two.

Buck would be Orion or Batman in this scenario, while Sam would be Flash:

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 12-06-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    The only thing I didn't like was this tired re-hashing of the killing or no killing debate in superhero comics, when both Sam and Buck are soldiers who have killed in the past. It felt like a too-forced ideological debate, especially since the author clearly thinks the position he gave Buck is the right one but had to side with Sam for genre storytelling convention.

I'd prefer if the dividing line between the two were just optimism vs realism, with Sam preferring diplomacy first where possible, while Buck wants to eliminate threats off the bat or is just more casual about employing force. I like how the MCU made Sam a pararescueman/PJ, while Buck was involved in secret missions dating back to his involvement in WWII. I think that works as a more plausible and interesting contrast, with Steve being the middle point between the two.

Buck would be Orion or Batman in this scenario, while Sam would be Flash:

I don't think comic Sam has ever served.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely Sam's best live-action costume.
    Do you think any version of the character has had a better one, and which is your favorite costume for Buck?