Default Marvel HQ to Premiere Kids-Targeted ‘ETERNALS’ Animated Series in 2021

I guess they don't have any cartoons to randomly throw Eternals in anymore like they did with the Inhumans so they're going straight-to-series, but this seems like a bit of a jump for an untested franchise that doesn't have much in the way of lengthy source material.

At the same time, I hope that A. it's a good cartoon with good animation and B. doesn't try and go for a one-to-one match with the movies. Although I'm not sure how confident I should feel for a straight to Youtube series.

The Eternals always bored the heck out of me.

That said, i -am- planning on trying out the Kieron Gillen run. I mean, a cartoon might be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they don't have any cartoons to randomly throw Eternals in anymore like they did with the Inhumans so they're going straight-to-series, but this seems like a bit of a jump for an untested franchise that doesn't have much in the way of lengthy source material.

At the same time, I hope that A. it's a good cartoon with good animation and B. doesn't try and go for a one-to-one match with the movies. Although I'm not sure how confident I should feel for a straight to Youtube series.
    With animation, the property doesn't need to be a hit already. If the storytelling and animation is great that is often enough to draw in an audience. This can be a great way to introduce kids the Eternals if done well.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    With animation, the property doesn't need to be a hit already. If the storytelling and animation is great that is often enough to draw in an audience.
    I get that. I guess it goes to show that Marvel really wants to promote or bank on the Eternals now.

But I'm kind of wondering what they'd do with it considering how little Eternals source material there is, even with Gillen's run coming up.

I get that. I guess it goes to show that Marvel really wants to promote or bank on the Eternals now.

But I'm kind of wondering what they'd do with it considering how little Eternals source material there is, even with Gillen's run coming up.
    It depends on how many seasons they have planned. If it's only one season or two, I can see them spreading out the few stories they have. But more than that and things get tricky. It all depends on what they want or expect from this.
    It might even be a "gateway" show that opens up a Marvel animated universe for all we know.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

X-Men Evolution was terrible (especially compared to X-Men the Animated Series), and had little to do with the X-Men comic lore, but it actually has a fanbase. The Eternals show is a kid-targeted animated series for kids that will have probably watched the movie. It's not targeted to middle aged comic book readers that complain about accuracy and their "legacy" characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    X-Men Evolution was terrible (especially compared to X-Men the Animated Series), and had little to do with the X-Men comic lore, but it actually has a fanbase. The Eternals show is a kid-targeted animated series for kids that will have probably watched the movie. It's not targeted to middle aged comic book readers that complain about accuracy and their "legacy" characters.
    I'm sorry. What did you say here?

Just what the kids want. Immortal demigods!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It depends on how many seasons they have planned. If it's only one season or two, I can see them spreading out the few stories they have. But more than that and things get tricky. It all depends on what they want or expect from this.
    It might even be a "gateway" show that opens up a Marvel animated universe for all we know.
    I feel like if they were planning something like that they'd put it on Disney+ instead of youtube.

Ultimate Member

Probably the reason for it is to give a studio time to start working on it. Since they don't say when in 2021 it comes out. Unless they already have it done.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Probably the reason for it is to give a studio time to start working on it. Since they don't say when in 2021 it comes out. Unless they already have it done.
    Well, it's Marvel so...it's probably best they take their time so the cartoon looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Just what the kids want. Immortal demigods!
    Actually I thought the same thing before I replied.

But Hell, there are stranger cartoons out there. As long as the quality of this toon skews more towards the excellent Avengers Earth’s Mightiest Heroes as opposed to Avengers Assemble, I’d be interested.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I'm sorry. What did you say here?
    All of the shows that came after the first one piggy backed off TAS. It was the best adaptation without making it Dawson's Creek with Wolverine as head master. It was less "kiddy", like the Batman TAS and Spider-Man TAS of the time. Afterwards, everything just felt like the type of show they want to make The Eternals apparently.

I feel like if they were planning something like that they'd put it on Disney+ instead of youtube.
    It's not a Youtube show. In India, Marvel HQ is the name of the rebranded Disney XD, it's a linear channel. Elsewhere, I would expect this to be on either Disney+, or, where it still exists (which it doesn't in the UK), Disney XD.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman