Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Jott (Jean and Scott) Appreciation 2020

Jott, the X-Men's original romance. The ship that never stays sunk. The star-crossed love that's saved the universe. The pairing that defeats immortal tyrants and gives birth to gods. The first. The best.

For those of us who love our Redd and Slym, here's our new home for the year.

My fellow Jott shippers, take it away...

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Mighty Member

It seems I'll need to kickstart this thread myself.

First up: the best panel from an X-Men comic in 2019. A long overdue reunion 15 years in the making:

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

These are my favorite moments between them of all time.
    _____________lkdufd.jpg
    cute1.jpg
    gjf.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-02-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Mighty Member

The best panel from an X-Men comic in 2018:

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    The best panel from an X-Men comic in 2018:

Yeah too bad it was so short lived and we still have no indication if their status with the current trolling

It seems I'll need to kickstart this thread myself.

First up: the best panel from an X-Men comic in 2019. A long overdue reunion 15 years in the making:

Lol, bitter Logan and Emma.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Yeah too bad it was so short lived and we still have no indication if their status with the current trolling
    The current situation doesn't bother me much since the Scott and Jean (and Logan and Monet, etc.) that we're seeing are clones. The originals are either dead or (less likely) in stasis under Krakoa/in Moira's lab. Though I would like Hickman to **** or get off the pot with the whole poly thing.

What matters is that, at the end of the Extinction era, after Scott's PTSD, after Scemma, after yet another death and resurrection cycle for Jean, Scott and Jean came back to each other.

We take what we can get!

The current situation doesn't bother me much since the Scott and Jean (and Logan and Monet, etc.) that we're seeing are clones. The originals are either dead or (less likely) in stasis under Krakoa/in Moira's lab. Though I would like Hickman to **** or get off the pot with the whole poly thing.

What matters is that, at the end of the Extinction era, after Scott's PTSD, after Scemma, after yet another death and resurrection cycle for Jean, Scott and Jean came back to each other.

We take what we can get!
    True they are clones. I'm just mad they threw Jean with Bishop just because. I heard originally it was storm. Just seemed willy nilly.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

We take what we can get!
    I don't think these are clones though.
    But you're right in that we have to be grateful, at least it seems that they do love each other. It could have been worse if they didn't get a kiss at all.

More nice art
    sdgt.jpg
    lol.jpg
    ______________D0xXcBRWwAA1rLj.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-02-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    But you're right in that we have to be grateful, at least it seems that they do love each other. It could have been worse if they didn't get a kiss at all.

More nice art
    sdgt.jpg
    lol.jpg
    ______________D0xXcBRWwAA1rLj.jpg
    The way Hickman explained it is that it kinda falls on perspective and how we define and look at clones. I think there’s an argument to be made that they are all clones if they’ve used the pods, but editorial’s intent is for us to look past their methods and means and see them as themselves, but even they still acknowledge the strangeness of it all.

Mighty Member

The point is that they're copies, not the originals. We can call the new body generation process whatever we want, but according to HoX/PoX, the minds are copied and pasted from back-up in Cerebro, not transferred from the originals at time of death.

These new versions of Scott and Jean are their own iterations. They're not "our" Scott and Jean. I'm ok with that. Our Scott and Jean have been jerked around enough. They deserve some rest.

Honestly, I didn't think we'd ever get that. I figured Marvel couldn't help themselves and would just keep subverting it right up to the end.

But, hey, we did get it!

Mighty Member

I hadn't seen this one before. I'm guessing this is from the Japanese cover to one of the 90s X-Men animated series videos?