Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's a mockery of their relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I don’t think healthy is the right word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is not healthy. I see it just as Hickman trolling.
    No? I haven't seen anyone here express why their relationship is currently either unhealthy or toxic besides the usual Polyphobic drivel that I've seen many users spout. As if being in a monogamous relationship is the only way someone can have a healthy relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The psychic rapport is/was unhealthy. A bit disturbing.
    Low key agree. I can understand the Romantic appeal which is how it's usually portrayed as but having an almost subconscious backdoor into your partner's emotions and thoughts is pretty freaking invasive.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    No? I haven't seen anyone here express why their relationship is currently either unhealthy or toxic besides the usual Polyphobic drivel that I've seen many users spout. As if being in a monogamous relationship is the only way someone can have a healthy relationship.

Low key agree. I can understand the Romantic appeal which is how it's usually portrayed as but having an almost subconscious backdoor into your partner's emotions and thoughts is pretty freaking invasive.
    You are inferring — I don’t have anything against poly necessarily, but it doesn’t make sense for these characters.

The rapport made sense in context and history — and a nuanced conversation about its faults should be in the opinion thread. I actually have many issues with TP’s, and I bet we agree on some things in that regard.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

I feel like the discussions about the poly relationship tend to go nowhere because of the content in relation to it. The comics have failed to explore it and explain why it's a thing and how it might be better/healthier for these characters. Everything surrounding it is pretty much headcanon. The only actual conversation we can fairly have is whether we like it or not.

To keep things related to the thread, considering how the rapport was formed, I'm not exactly sure how it's that weird/creepy. Both of them agreed to it as a demonstration of trust and the option to opt out is always there. But to be fair, I can see how some might find having another person in their head unsettling.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I feel like the discussions about the poly relationship tend to go nowhere because of the content in relation to it. The comics have failed to explore it and explain why it's a thing and how it might be better/healthier for these characters. Everything surrounding it is pretty much headcanon. The only actual conversation we can fairly have is whether we like it or not.

To keep things related to the thread, considering how the rapport was formed, I'm not exactly sure how it's that weird/creepy. Both of them agreed to it as a demonstration of trust and the option to opt out is always there. But to be fair, I can see how some might find having another person in their head unsettling.
    I cant remember but when and how was the rapport established between Scott and our Jean? Not Phoenix or Teen Jean, but the one from the 90s?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I cant remember but when and how was the rapport established between Scott and our Jean? Not Phoenix or Teen Jean, but the one from the 90s?
    I believe it happened off panel. Might be wrong. In fact I believe I am wrong...

Although Jean does reference it in one of the early X-Men issues as having been established a few years back. So I think the assumption is that it magically reappeared.

Hopefully someone has something more concrete, lol.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I believe it happened off panel. Might be wrong. In fact I believe I am wrong...

Although Jean does reference it in one of the early X-Men issues as having been established a few years back. So I think the assumption is that it magically reappeared.

Hopefully someone has something more concrete, lol.
    I don't think it was ever shown when it actually came back, but it can be inferred that it returned once Jean regained her telepathy. Sure it was originally formed in the Phoenix years but since Jean was a part of the Phoenix merger I guess it makes sense (as much as anything in comics). I am trying to think when it was first used in the 90's and my guess is X-men (1991) issue 2 when Storm asks Jean if she knew that the Blue team had turned due to the psychic rapport she shared with Scott.

OMG, Cable #5 had the Scott/Jean teamup we all knew we needed

I love how Scott is "Nah, I know Jean has got me covered, I don't care about that spear."

Astonishing Member

Like its so surreal. We're finally getting some Jean/Scott interactions after over a decade! Like they're both alive at the same time in the same dimension, neither one is possessed, they're fighting side by side raising a family, they don't hate each other, and no relationship drama bs!

Scott seems to be really embracing being a dad these days, but I don’t know Jean seems like she’s just going through the motions. Anyone else feeling that?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Scott seems to be really embracing being a dad these days, but I don’t know Jean seems like she’s just going through the motions. Anyone else feeling that?
    Scott has gotten more development on the parental front. He's made more appearances in Cable's book, had a spotlight issue with the kids in X-men and even has had cameo appearances being used in this capacity as we saw in Marauarders. Jean doesnt really get a chance to interact with the kids nearly as much (and definitely not Rachel). I dont think she's going through the motions, but she definitely isnt being used much outside of the plots

I just remembered this

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    OMG, Cable #5 had the Scott/Jean teamup we all knew we needed

Agreed! I love this, seeing Scott, Jean, and their kids function together as a family. Less of the standard romantic melodrama and more of them just being together, going on missions, and having each other's backs. That's what you do in a healthy, supportive relationship. You trust one another and you work as a family. You don't need to be the Fantastic Four to embrace that. I really hope we get more stuff like this in both Cable and the other X-Books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Agreed! I love this, seeing Scott, Jean, and their kids function together as a family. Less of the standard romantic melodrama and more of them just being together, going on missions, and having each other's backs. That's what you do in a healthy, supportive relationship. You trust one another and you work as a family. You don't need to be the Fantastic Four to embrace that. I really hope we get more stuff like this in both Cable and the other X-Books.
    I agree. I love seeing this. Let the others handle the romantic drama. Give me the ole family unit. Reed and Sue type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I've always read Scott as someone who loves being a dad. Jean's been gone for a while, maybe she just needs time.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.