Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

This is not just about "X-Men" #7. The slash-fic tone has been teased for a while.

queerbait over substance.
    That is modern comics in general.

Look at Pyro. He has been consistently written as gay for most, if not all, of his run as a character. But, now, he has to be written as a good guy. Marvel ruined a great bad buy by making him a pointless good guy. (Pyro has flame-based powers. He works better as a stone killer. But, that does not fit the sort of good guy that Marvel needs him to be.)

I can buy Scott accepting Logan as part of the team, even part of the extended family. (Objectively, Scott might even see Logan as a less of a threat, because if Jean wanted to be with Logan, she would have stayed with him.) But, Hickman is pitching the idea of the characters being in an open relationship just to appease/draw Tumblr types.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    This is not just about "X-Men" #7. The slash-fic tone has been teased for a while.

Look at Pyro. He has been consistently written as gay for most, if not all, of his run as a character. But, now, he has to be written as a good guy. Marvel ruined a great bad buy by making him a pointless good guy. (Pyro has flame-based powers. He works better as a stone killer. But, that does not fit the sort of good guy that Marvel needs him to be.)

I can buy Scott accepting Logan as part of the team, even part of the extended family. (Objectively, Scott might even see Logan as a less of a threat, because if Jean wanted to be with Logan, she would have stayed with him.) But, Hickman is pitching the idea of the characters being in an open relationship just to appease/draw Tumblr types.
    I mean X-men #7 because of the polemic elements, some people will tolerate it if they make for example logan/Scott a couple. Fans often tolerate things if it can give what they want;

I don't even know why Pyro is on marauders, he acts like a drunk guy all the time. basically a living walking joke. what is the point?

He also wants people to talk about it and headlines, but the most important for him is the tumblr crowd having his back.
    Logan and Jean is a thing already over many years ago. Insead of moving on, continue do the same things

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Forget Orchis, forget hordeculture, forget the children of the vault. If Hickman doesn’t follow through and dedicate an entire issue to the Summers family Chandilar vacation, I’m done with x-men.
    I second that motion!

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

The creative ideas of making the relationship with Jean, Scott, Emma, and Logan have become volatile with whichever way they went over the last 20 years.

There was no such actual pacifism, even if to a certain extent they tried to make peace for a certain time(when Logan talked to Scott during Aaron's run).

But let's face it modern age major characters' status quo is temporary and all of these SERIOUS relationship melodramas HAVE MILKED the quality of comics in many ways.

Therefore I believe it's better to keep these things away from the main narrative with such teases or lighten up these as much as possible.
    Last edited by Keno; 02-27-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    haha love this. As if Hickman own Disney
    That just shows the extent of your powers, it surpasses even intellectual property rights

Methinks someone at CBR is reading these threads...
    https://www.cbr.com/scott-jean-wolve...p-queer-twist/

another click bait article. Hickman run is perfect for that

another click bait article. Hickman run is perfect for that
    Keep on saying like that but just for your information casual/informal relationship is FAR better than having a relationship melodrama.

It milks down the whole mainstream narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Keep on saying like that but just for your information casual/informal relationship is FAR better than having a relationship melodrama.

Casual is only for few issues, drama relationship is a great development for characters

Casual is only for few issues, drama relationship is a great development for characters
    No it's not. Schism or New X-Men is the best example of it.

It’s a CBR article. Of course it’s clickbait. Saying Logan and Scott rarely got along until now as a point of evidence is false

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It’s a CBR article. Of course it’s clickbait. Saying Logan and Scott rarely got along until now as a point of evidence is false
    The creative ideas of making the relationship with Jean, Scott, Emma, and Logan have become volatile with whichever way they went over the last 20 years.

There was no such actual pacifism, even if to a certain extent they tried to make peace for a certain time(when Logan talked to Scott during Aaron's run).

But let's face it modern age major characters' status quo is temporary and all of these SERIOUS relationship melodramas HAVE MILKED the quality of comics in many ways.

Therefore I believe it's better to keep these things away from the main narrative with such teases or lighten up these as much as possible.

10characters

I kind of agree with this. Personally I'm down with the casual relationships and the flirting or innuendo so that fans can imagine (or "ship") whoever they want. I wish they'd do it with more characters...

...are Forge and Kwannon having a fling? How about that peck on the cheek Storm gave Cable (the grown one please)? Are they f@#$ing? I think they are. I think they're not.

No it's not. Schism or New X-Men is the best example of it.
    Because they were done badly. Anway Scott and Emma fans disagree on the new x-men

Because they were done badly. Anway Scott and Emma fans disagree on the new x-men
    Yeah you actually kinda prove my point and it's not just Schism or New X-Men but also Rosenburg, Bendis, and Aaron.