Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    On Emma/Stark I just say "no fair".

If Jean Grey has to be hamstrung and hogtied to Cyclops, Emma should have to be too. Just not fair.
    Truer words have not been spoken. If Jean has to be slapped back with the man who cheated on her, then Emma needs to be with the man who brutally took the phoenix force from her for his own use. Both women deserve better. Jean moreso than Emma.

Here's why I think something might be up with Jean and Logan-
    1. Logan makes a comment about Jeannie in a bikini will make a spectacular view. What man would tolerate some other guy making such comments about his wife/partner. Scott seemed to take it ok.
    2. Secondly, sinister secret says he is the best at what he does. He is with a woman with kid and husband blah blah blah.
    3. Lastly, in marauders, sinister secret says "Make more mutants"- they said. You probably thought it will be a pretty redhead or a blond. (I can only think of Jean and Emma)

Astonishing Member

So my comic retailer told me how he lost a customer over this(collect only x-titles) thing over pushing Cyclops and Wolverine in bi-territory and this poly relationship. I admit I do find that story very amusing lol. i told in the cyclops thread that my friend who doesnt seem to get the theme and message of x-men outside of just cool characters, costumes, and superficial stuff hated what they did to cyclops because he's his favorite character and he does this thing where he's gay denial(in a way where he would rationalize how a celeb or a person he admires is not gay or bi leanings despite evidence). he also hates Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So my comic retailer told me how he lost a customer over this(collect only x-titles) thing over pushing Cyclops and Wolverine in bi-territory and this poly relationship. I admit I do find that story very amusing lol. i told in the cyclops thread that my friend who doesnt seem to get the theme and message of x-men outside of just cool characters, costumes, and superficial stuff hated what they did to cyclops because he's his favorite character and he does this thing where he's gay denial(in a way where he would rationalize how a celeb or a person he admires is not gay or bi leanings despite evidence). he also hates Logan.
    The retailer lost his client over nothing, really bad move from Hickman. Your friend won't have a problem, the teasing won't go anywhere.

Some people like to overreact.

Sounds like a bit of an overreaction to something that has not at all been confirmed on panel. I know it's not easy when there are articles out there, some by CBR and others by Screenrant, acting like it was confirmed. But it's not. Right now, Hickman has just been keeping everything incredibly vague. It's not just innuendo. It's very ambiguous and you can assume anything between the panels, if you want. But that doesn't make it canon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Sounds like a bit of an overreaction to something that has not at all been confirmed on panel. I know it's not easy when there are articles out there, some by CBR and others by Screenrant, acting like it was confirmed. But it's not. Right now, Hickman has just been keeping everything incredibly vague. It's not just innuendo. It's very ambiguous and you can assume anything between the panels, if you want. But that doesn't make it canon.
    True, if innuendo was canon Kitty would have been in a relationship with another woman a decade or two ago.
    Dark does not mean deep.

We know Hickman is supposed to be “redefining” love for mutants, so it wouldn’t make sense for all these blatant “open relationship baiting” not to be read as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    Here's why I think something might be up with Jean and Logan-
    1. Logan makes a comment about Jeannie in a bikini will make a spectacular view. What man would tolerate some other guy making such comments about his wife/partner. Scott seemed to take it ok. )
    I am a big poly supporter...but by itself that is meaningless..

Lots of guys would not care of someone pointed ot that there hot wife/gf (are they married how does death do us part work?) Would look great in a bikini...some guys would be proud that others think that even.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

We know Hickman is supposed to be “redefining” love for mutants, so it wouldn’t make sense for all these blatant “open relationship baiting” not to be read as such.
    So he thinks it's clever, eh?

An apparent poly being an actual poly does not seem very clever to me, so it's probably something else then.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    So he thinks it's clever, eh?

An apparent poly being an actual poly does not seem very clever to me, so it's probably something else then.
    The apparent poly is the redefinition. This is before HOXPOX even started.

I don't think anything will ever be confirmed on panel. Hickman is going to continue being vague and let readers fill in the blanks

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I don't think anything will ever be confirmed on panel. Hickman is going to continue being vague and let readers fill in the blanks
    Keeping the readers wondering is somewhat clever I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I think so too at least for the foreseeable future. I think they are trying to end all the same boring old fan shipping wars and frankly I hope they succeed. Let’s move all these characters into a different direction.

My main worry is all this poly stuff will serve the straight male fantasy of the audience and will not further the female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Keeping the readers wondering is somewhat clever I guess.
    no, when you keep dragging and losing readers