Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The cover gave me the creeps. It's a very bro fantasy "llok at this guy getting 5 girls at the same time"
    ok agreed but knowing Duggan its intentional, he's defo just doing it to poke fun. same w/ it being Emma's daughters and Scott's son

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    ok agreed but knowing Duggan its intentional, he's defo just doing it to poke fun. same w/ it being Emma's daughters and Scott's son
    But this isn't fun at all. And for Duggan work on x-line seems like another fanservice

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Not a fan of it being done with Cable but it is curious to see this on the sisters.
    Theirs is certainly a unique situation, they could probably see romance on a diferent way.
    It would make sense for them to like the same things on a partner. Not a fan of it being done with Cable but the Cuckoos situation is special.
    They weren't all in love with Quentin. And bendis established very well their differences

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

But this isn't fun at all. And for Duggan work on x-line seems like another fanservice

They weren't all in love with Quentin. And bendis established very well their differences
    That is true the Cuckoos aren't all equal
    I'm biased
    I have twin brothers and they date very similar girls, at one point ones ex became the other girlfriend. So that can happen. Not sure Cable was the right guy for that but it is happening.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-23-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Women. Just because they look the same they all want to date the same guy
    I..... what?

They’re a hivemind. That’s their whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I..... what?

They’re a hivemind. That’s their whole thing.
    that doesn't mean wanting same things, it has been long established

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That is true the Cuckoos aren't all, equal
    I'm biased
    I have twin brothers and they date very similar girls, at one point ones ex became the other girlfriend. So that can happen. Not sure Cable was the right guy for that but it is happening.
    that is weird. But they aren't dating same girl at the same time.

that doesn't mean wanting same things
    And in some aspects, they would want the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And in some aspects, they would want the same thing.
    And? that wouldn't mean dating the same guy. hey have different preferences

The cover gave me the creeps. It's a very bro fantasy "llok at this guy getting 5 girls at the same time"
    I really didn’t read that much into it. Felt more like a “watch this poor bastard have to juggle five demanding clones at once” comedic take to me. But I’m not very sensitive, admittedly.

Kind of like in Spurrier’s X-Force when Betsy was just using Cable’s clones for sex, and making sure he took his headband memory recorder off beforehand each time so he’d have no recollection. Not to be taken too seriously or thought about too deeply in terms of what that says about power dynamics between sexes.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 02-23-2020 at 11:45 AM.

BANNED

Not that I care that much for the Cuckoos as characters, but on the surface, the concept is a bit eye-roll inducing. It's about as tasteful as making Jean and Emma into lobotomized sister-wives.

Alas, taste is subjective.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 02-23-2020 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

And? that wouldn't mean dating the same guy. hey have different preferences
    The three-in-one all dated Hellion. And only one of them had a crush on another mutant. Still not seeing the problem with characterization beyond that bad cover.

A lot of the poly stuff can devolve into this, especially with so many male writers. It will just depend on the execution.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    A lot of the poly stuff can devolve into this, especially with so many male writers. It will just depend on the execution.
    This isn't a confidence vote for sure. And throught many years I have seen male writers do their male fantasies throught male chaarcters at the expense of female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Not that I care that much for the Cuckoos as characters, but on the surface, the concept is a bit eye-roll enducing. It's about as tasteful as making Jean and Emma into lobotomized sister-wives.

Alas, taste is subjective.
    putting teenagers on a poligamy relationship really seems bad taste for me.

It really leaves a bad taste on the mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I really didn’t read that much into it. Felt more like a “watch this poor bastard have to juggle five demanding clones at once” comedic take to me. But I’m not very sensitive, admittedly.

Kind of like in Spurrier’s X-Force when Betsy was just using Cable’s clones for sex, and making sure he took his headband memory recorder off beforehand each time so he’d have no recollection. Not to be taken too seriously or thought about too deeply in terms of what that says about power dynamics between sexes.
    That still is very "male problems". poor guy have to juggle the wife and the misstress.
    the cover structure is very "look at this guy getting 5 women".

I thought that hypersexualized Betsy that was on a asian body. But the situation seems very different here.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-23-2020 at 02:36 PM.

This isn't a confidence vote for sure. And throught many years I have seen male writers do their male fantasies throught male chaarcters at the expense of female characters.
    It might be true but not all writers do this for their fantasies or for male audiences. Like, for instance, Gwen and Osborn. Manga has done these things WAY worse than Comic Books on a larger scale(because sales are far more) for both females and males. It can go both ways.

So what do you guys think their schedule is like? Maybe Jean gets Scott Monday through Thursday and Emma gets him on Friday and the weekend?

BANNED

This relaunch has been the most beneficial era for XWomen since the 80s. But lets pretend shipwars=fighting for a greater cause I guess.