Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

The thing about this polyamory thing is that they're obviously hinting at it and they're purposely not explicitly saying it and probably won't say but it's out there! It's happening, we don't need to see it!
    Yeah, and that’s why I don’t get the idea that they’re “trolling.” There doesn’t seem to be any ill-intent from the writers and this polyamory coupling isn’t increasing sales or doing anything really beyond getting rid of in-universe shipping conflicts and giving ScreenR*nt some good clickbait-y articles. We already know that polyamory is happening on Krakoa and these “hints” are getting harder and harder to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jeez, people. You can hold your friend's hand without that meaning yall are sleeping together.
    Context matters :/

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

The thing about this polyamory thing is that they're obviously hinting at it and they're purposely not explicitly saying it and probably won't say but it's out there! It's happening, we don't need to see it!
    They aren't even hotting hard. They know that people on twitter talk about it so they let some crumbles

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jeez, people. You can hold your friend's hand without that meaning yall are sleeping together.
    I dunno, to most people, holding a married woman's hand isn't something you do (especially with that body language)... unless you're in a non-monogamous relationship.

When people are dating in their 20s, there is a lot of, "We're not going to buy into that jealousy thing, we can be friends with whoever we want, etc." But, at a certain point (especially after marriage and the responsibilities therein) that concept becomes a lot less sustainable... especially when sexual attraction and jealousy figures in. Most people keep a certain 'distance' to avoid those sorts of complications.

Whether they are full-on poly or not, the scene in Wolverine read a LOT more intimate than just 'friends.'

ETA: Especially considering they were just about to go into combat. Neither Jean nor Logan need hand-holding reassurance (either literally or figuratively). This was so full of tension.
    Last edited by Astroman; 02-19-2020 at 01:28 PM.

This is clearly a choose your own adventure kind of thing, and they are just playing into it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I think anyone assuming romantic subtext is reading too much into it. Jean and Logan have always been friends, even if they weren't romantically involved. She didn't kiss him or do something overt, like she did with Scott in previous issues. She just reminded him that she's his friend. That's it. That's the extent of what the panel indicates.

Same with the Storm/Emma scene. Emma just said she was moved by Storm's speech when Scott came back. That's it. Assuming anything beyond that is assuming too much.

Is it teasing? Probably.

Does the X-Office know they're triggering reactions by leaving things so vague? Definitely.
    Pretty much this. The people that want to see something between the lines will see it, and the rest will see what's happening on page for just that. Personally I'm of the mindset that if the X office wanted us to know that mutant polygamy is a thing, they would have showed it. Saying vague things that can be misinterpreted or purposefully misdirecting is just building good cooler talk. A few examples are "make more mutants." To which somehow people have misinterpret as "have sex and make babies." or the connected rooms which could have other purposes but the horny fanbase automatically defaults to free sex rooms or this thing with Emma and Wolverine currently which says nothing and yet.....here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    Pretty much this. The people that want to see something between the lines will see it, and the rest will see what's happening on page for just that. Personally I'm of the mindset that if the X office wanted us to know that mutant polygamy is a thing, they would have showed it. Saying vague things that can be misinterpreted or purposefully misdirecting is just building good cooler talk. A few examples are "make more mutants." To which somehow people have misinterpret as "have sex and make babies." or the connected rooms which could have other purposes but the horny fanbase automatically defaults to free sex rooms or this thing with Emma and Wolverine currently which says nothing and yet.....here we are.
    What’s happening is what Duggan probably intended for that scene to be. Emma wasn’t just talking about Storm’s speech, she was explicitly saying that Cyclops returning filled her with joy. In a vacuum, sure, it can be read as something else entirely. But these are all characters wit history and purposefully misreading a situation when we have ample proof of what’s actually happening is jsut arguing in bad faith. We know from Sinister that this situation is going on, we know from Jubilee that the nation of Krakoa is open to polyamory as the norm instead of monogamy, we know Storm has just said that Emma was probably with Cyclops at the Summer House, we know there was tension between Jean and Logan in his solo (two characters with a lot of romantic/sexual tension), we know that a married couple and the guy who has feelings for the wife (and husband) is sharing rooms with them, and we know Jean and Emma both “intimately share” parts of their lives. At a certain point it stops being “you’re reading too much into it” and moreso this is really happening and this insistence that it’s not is clearly some sort of anti-Emma/anti-Scott bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I dunno, to most people, holding a married woman's hand isn't something you do (especially with that body language)... unless you're in a non-monogamous relationship.

When people are dating in their 20s, there is a lot of, "We're not going to buy into that jealousy thing, we can be friends with whoever we want, etc." But, at a certain point (especially after marriage and the responsibilities therein) that concept becomes a lot less sustainable... especially when sexual attraction and jealousy figures in. Most people keep a certain 'distance' to avoid those sorts of complications.

Whether they are full-on poly or not, the scene in Wolverine read a LOT more intimate than just 'friends.'

ETA: Especially considering they were just about to go into combat. Neither Jean nor Logan need hand-holding reassurance (either literally or figuratively). This was so full of tension.
    Is Jean a married woman? She seems to go by Miss Grey these days? I’d prefer Scott and Jean as close friends at this time. Their marriage was probably dissolved after their many deaths especially Jean’s long one lol

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Is Jean a married woman? She seems to go by Miss Grey these days? I’d prefer Scott and Jean as close friends at this time. Their marriage was probably dissolved after their many deaths especially Jean’s long one lol
    She was called Mrs Grey on HOX. And I mean... She's living in the same house as Scott, with the rest of his family.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She was called Mrs Grey on HOX. And I mean... She's living in the same house as Scott, with the rest of his family.
    And Marvel listed her and Scott as married.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This is clearly a choose your own adventure kind of thing, and they are just playing into it.
    Pretty much, my choice is mostly ignore it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What’s happening is what Duggan probably intended for that scene to be. Emma wasn’t just talking about Storm’s speech, she was explicitly saying that Cyclops returning filled her with joy. In a vacuum, sure, it can be read as something else entirely. But these are all characters wit history and purposefully misreading a situation when we have ample proof of what’s actually happening is jsut arguing in bad faith. We know from Sinister that this situation is going on, we know from Jubilee that the nation of Krakoa is open to polyamory as the norm instead of monogamy, we know Storm has just said that Emma was probably with Cyclops at the Summer House, we know there was tension between Jean and Logan in his solo (two characters with a lot of romantic/sexual tension), we know that a married couple and the guy who has feelings for the wife (and husband) is sharing rooms with them, and we know Jean and Emma both “intimately share” parts of their lives. At a certain point it stops being “you’re reading too much into it” and moreso this is really happening and this insistence that it’s not is clearly some sort of anti-Emma/anti-Scott bias.
    Na, everything you've said is between the lines. You say "we know" but really we don't know anything beyond insinuation and misleading statements. How do you know Hickman isn't leading you to think one way and pulling the rug out under you just to go the other way. Whatever you think that you're reading and believing is not wrong because how can it be refuted when there's nothing concrete and definite? Same goes for if I'm just taking what's happening on page for what it is. That's the beauty or to some the horror of the current Retangle situation, you can look at it anyway you want and it can't be wrong. And look, regardless of whether you are a Scemma fan or a Jott fan, at some point Hickman's run will come to an end and one of these fan base will curl up into a bath tub filled with tears. Luckily for you, it doesn't seem like it's anytime soon, and luckily for me, I like both Scemma and Jott...is that weird? Anyways, I'll ok with whatever happens........accept for Jean getting together with Wolverine, or Emma getting together with Tony Stark, yuck.

Astonishing Member

I may be in the minority but this Jean, Madeline Pryor, Emma Frost merry go round is getting boring. Like aint it beating a dead horse? Plus maybe I'm wrong but to me Emma never really liked Scott as much as he seemed a boytoy.We know Emma is nothing but narcicisstic supply in stilettos.I say they should pursue the Age of X relationship with Frenzy and its aftermath.The whole 'it wasnt real...it was real to me' almost like one is saying we were friends with benefits and the other says.I feel much more than that. This was an incredibly rich dilemma to start off with.I feel the x-books are missing an opportunity here. Joana Cargill to me is the interesting pivot NOT Emma or Jean. Maybe it can be done as an alternate story in one of Moira's past lives, say life 9 which mirrors Age of X the most.That is if the writers have the interest to tell new stories of a relationship outside this Jean-Emma circus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I may be in the minority but this Jean, Madeline Pryor, Emma Frost merry go round is getting boring. Like aint it beating a dead horse? Plus maybe I'm wrong but to me Emma never really liked Scott as much as he seemed a boytoy.We know Emma is nothing but narcicisstic supply in stilettos.I say they should pursue the Age of X relationship with Frenzy and its aftermath.The whole 'it wasnt real...it was real to me' almost like one is saying we were friends with benefits and the other says.I feel much more than that. This was an incredibly rich dilemma to start off with.I feel the x-books are missing an opportunity here. Joana Cargill to me is the interesting pivot NOT Emma or Jean. Maybe it can be done as an alternate story in one of Moira's past lives, say life 9 which mirrors Age of X the most.That is if the writers have the interest to tell new stories of a relationship outside this Jean-Emma circus.
    Damn, finally someone remembers Frenzy, she was the best thing in Age of X, well her and rifle Gambit. Well if they ever go with Frenzy and Cyclops again, I hope they give him the Basilisk costume. Now that was some heat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its really not and hasnt been for the past 7 innuendos. At this point people are just burying their head in the sand and playing move the goal post if they think all of them arent sleeping together. And thats fine if it helps soothe them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post

This is also why they almost have to be in some sort of established open relationship. Can you all really see Scott snd Wolverine just sharing Jean without some solid structure behind it? And sure, they're still buddy-buddy for now, but is that gonna last?