Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    you know that men have a fetish of seeing their wife sleep with other men, some even manipulate their wives to do it. So nothing feminist here.
    And lots of hetero-women have a fetish about being with multiple male partners.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    you know that men have a fetish of seeing their wife sleep with other men, some even manipulate their wives to do it. So nothing feminist here.

Second: these were the only love interests that she only ever got. A guy that cheated on her and one that tried to make moves even after she said no.
    The context of Jean/logan/Scott is high problematic.

Scott and Logan still have more relationships than Jean, that makes it a lot worse even if not serious (debatable) or just one.
    -yes men have that fantasy but in this case it is Jean who is doing both guys.
    -I don't think that because Ironman had more love interest that i can count he is a better character. In the case of Jean she doesn't depend on any man. She is not better or worse if she is with zero, one or many. Many character have just one love interest or zero.
    - Logan had a bunch of one night stands that didn't give anything to the character, they meant nothing. And Cyclops had Maddie that was a clone of Jean and Emma. In the same way jean has cyclops and wolverine (colleen is the same thing as tedd roberts something that never materialized in anything)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Why do you see it this way instead of her having both people she wants? Women wanting more than one partner (where both people want her and is willing to forego jealousy to make it happen for her) is a common sexual fantasy.

Why are you making her into a victim in this? It seems a little Madonna/Whore to me: either she's pure (and it seems that her purity is tainted for you even being with the imperfect Scott) or she's being tainted or belittled in some way.

If this does become explicit on the page, and she declares that (hypothetically) she was the one to initiate the current arrangement, would you still think it was sexist?
    To be fair, she is being belittled. Not by the "poly" thing but the "still stuck with Cyclops even after what was said and done with Emma" thing.

They kept the girl dead so she wouldn't be with anyone until they wanted her back with Cyclops. Which is how we know she is not with Cyclops and some other dude. Would never happen.

Extraordinary Member

If Jean or Scott or Logan had ever had that fantasy, then cool, but it just doesn't feel that way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    To be fair, she is being belittled. Not the "poly" thing but the "still stuck with Cyclops even after what was said and done with Emma" thing.
    And then Emma gets thrown to the curve when Jean comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I forget how literal folks are here. I didn't think I needed to qualify the sexual dynamics. No, husbands don't own women (thanks for the strawman though). Most married people in committed relationships don't cross those lines... especially with people who the other partner has been/is jealous of in the past.b

Unless that situation has changed, like the implicit, if not explicit hints since DoX have been indicating.

And, your adamant declarations of the nature of that scene, what works as stories throughout all these threads, and what has emotional resonance (as immutable laws of literature - as if there was such a thing), despite what (even people who don't like the implications) are agreeing is on the page, might just indicate that your powers of preception are higher than your powers of perception.
    What line they don't cross? since when holding handing is cheating? Friends do it all the time when the other part need emotional support.

there is not nothing explicit, even because subtext isn't explicit or it would be just text

maybe it is your case? because I read the issue and there was zero romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Worse: They say both two men and a woman and two women and a man is misogynistic LOL.
    Not Nice that you are ignoring the context

To be fair, she is being belittled. Not by the "poly" thing but the "still stuck with Cyclops even after what was said and done with Emma" thing.

They kept the girl dead so she wouldn't be with anyone until they wanted her back with Cyclops. Which is how we know she is not with Cyclops and some other dude. Would never happen.
    And thats why she is with Wolverine, she also has always loved Cyclops it is part of her character from the start and for decades, not liking it isn't going to make Jean stop liking him, that would be literally out of character.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-19-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Seriously I don't think Marvel is trying to denigrate any character. In fact it feels like the poly thing was done in the first place to try to not mess with any character or relationship. Trying to have their cake and eat it too.
    If that works or if people like it is another issue.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

The boys had to shuffle rooms around and kick one of their swinging bros out of the house to accommodate Her Highness. Red ain't the victim, lol. Good grief.

BANNED

Adjfjdkfjdls cucklops headcanon

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    If Jean or Scott or Logan had ever had that fantasy, then cool, but it just doesn't feel that way.
    yep

Yeah Thi si svery important for the context. He had Emma for years...
    Wolverine had Ororo for some time.

Then Jean get back, Scott get back and they together without any build up

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And then Emma gets thrown to the curve when Jean comes back.
    This is bad too

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Adjfjdkfjdls cucklops headcanon
    Doesn't fit the Her Highness Being the Eternal Victim narrative. No dice.

BANNED

If we don’t get to see them in bed together then what’s it all been for?

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, I think part of my issue with this situation is justbhow tied it is to the other Krakoa stuff, which I have made no attempt to hide just how it creeps me out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    If we don’t get to see them in bed together then what’s it all been for?
    And yes, this relationship would feel less weird if we saw that.