Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Marvel’s Voices: Iceman Infinity Comic #1 Spoilers

Luciano Vecchio does a splendid job as writer and artist here, thrusting Bobby into a fun adventure while catching us up on “The Indomitable Iceman”’s goings-on, including his current impetus, the state of his personal and love life (or lack thereof), and a team-up that may be hinting at things to come for both Bobby and a certain fire star. (This is for BobbysWorld and Rift only.)

Los Angeles. Bobby briefly reflects on his rise in popularity after helping terraform Mars, before he is attacked by a gang of “lava men.” He saves a smitten pedestrian and performs some scintillating acrobatics but is stopped in his tracks by a “power-dampening dart” administered by PURIFIRE, who refers to Bobby as “mutant scum” and notes, “The integration of mutant ideology and poison medicine has tainted the human race beyond redemption,” before declaring, “It's time to cleanse! To burn it all! To PURIFY!”

Bobby and Purifire spend some time exchanging quips and blows, during which Purifire let's slip, “You won't humiliate me again,” to which Bobby responds, “Again? Wait, do I know you?” But before Purifire can answer, Bobby blows ice in his face and “cryo-override[s] his power-dampening tech.” Bobby asks him, “What else do you have?”, to which he quickly responds, “Spell grenades,” and tosses a handful of grenades that, when they hit the floor, morph into more lava men.

Bobby overwhelms the lava men with fifteen “semi-autonomous ice golem” and puts out the fire, saving the day. Howeve, he fails to notice that Purefire has vanished. Suddenly, the smitten young man he saved earlier springs up (hm.) and thanks him with a kiss.

The Green Lagoon. Krakoa. Bobby, Rictor, and Northstar catch up over drinks. Jean-Paul notes, “Sounds like you’re making up for all the time you lost growing up in the closet,” after which Rictor chimes in, “Look at you! All scruffy, going solo X-Man, moving out of mutant paradise to a crappy mancave in L.A.”

Bobby admits, “ Since I came out, I’ve never had a chance to take a break from the X-drama and just focus on myself for awhile. I need this.” After Rictor asks him about Christian Frost, Bobby admits, “ Oh we’ve grown to admire and care for each other very much. But it didn’t lead anywhere serious.” Bobby says he's “very much” single and “secretly craving old-fashioned romance.”

Rictor then asks him about Romeo and Bobby replies, “The Inhuman I fell for when I was a time-displaced teen, who ghosted me and broke my heart before I went back in time and forgot it all, but now I remember? No idea, he must still be around being a kid in this era.”

As they continue their banter, Firestar walks by, prompting Bobby to call after and follow her. “Jones! Long time no see,” he says, asking her, “Are you finally moving to Krakoa?” She responds, “Hi Bobby. Still nope, just passing by to use the portal network. No way I’m leaving my dad behind for not being Homo superior.” She asks him about his parents, and he reveals that he hasn't spoken to them in a while because, “They’re no fans of the rise of the Mutant Nation, and we’re back in distant, passive-aggressive, guilt-tripping season.”

Angelica then asks if he wants to team up with her, to which Bobby agrees. They head for a disaster site to provide relief by saving several pedestrians trapped in a flooded and collapsing building. Suddenly, Bobby blacks out, defrosts, and plummets into the water. As he swims to the surface, he notices a hand reaching for him through the water. He grabs it and breaks through the surface only to find--Romeo!

“Why, Bobby,” says the swarthy young man, “You look like you've seen a ghost.”

To be continued!
    Last edited by Mercury; 06-01-2022 at 09:10 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Uhm... Does firestar know that family is allowed to live on Krakoa. Meh, it's probably safer for them this way

Mighty Member

This sounds good for Iceman. Though the art makes him look like a teenager.

From Vecchio's Twitter, this is a four issue mini, so we'll probably get a nice trade out of this.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 06-01-2022 at 04:17 AM.

Incredible Member

I thought he had the memories of young Iceman when he was out and even had an Inhuman boyfriend. Why can't he move past this mental state? Is this the only story that he can have now? Since 2019 Iceman and Christian Didn't even have a meaningful conversation on page and now the broke up. Very disappointed in this. And again I finde it very problematic that they only remember the gay characters during pride to tell cliche stories and then they are lucky to be backroung characters the rest of the year. Do better Marvel.

Ugh the beard & hair WHHHHYYY also Romeo ghosting teen Bobby was always a horrible plot & just showed how much that writer did not give AF but I also feel bringing him back was pointless.
    Last edited by Journey; 06-01-2022 at 05:01 AM.

I kinda like the costume. Feels a bit juvenile but I'm ok with that. Way better than the red one imo.

HELLION SIGHTING IN THE BACKGROUND.

Also, the "druid" cap is so corny.

This sounds interesting. Bobby also basically came out in spoilers:
    xmen 92 today. There was a scene with him and northstar looking chummy and a lorna mention.
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

• “The Indomitable 💙 Iceman”
    • ... reflects on his rise in popularity 💙 after helping terraform Mars...
    • Purifire... "do I know you?”... “cryo-override[s] his power-dampening tech.”... “Spell grenades,”...
    • ... fifteen “semi-autonomous ice golem”... smitten young man he saved... thanks him with a kiss...
    • Bobby, Rictor, and Northstar catch up... making up for all the time you lost growing up in the closet... going solo... to a crappy mancave in L.A.
    • ... take a break from the X-drama... focus on myself... Christian... didn’t lead anywhere serious... “very much” single 💙... craving old-fashioned romance.
    • Angelica... asks if he wants to team up... for a disaster site to provide relief 💙 by saving several pedestrians trapped in a flooded and collapsing building.

1. ... his parents... “They’re no fans of the rise of the Mutant Nation, and we’re back in distant, passive-aggressive, guilt-tripping season.”
    2. Bobby blacks out, defrosts, and plummets into the water...
    3. Romeo!... “You look like you've seen a ghost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ugh the beard & hair WHHHHYYY also Romeo ghosting teen Bobby was always a horrible plot & just showed how much that writer did not give AF but I also feel bringing him back was pointless.
    I just REALLY don't like the way he draws his face, in general... it's SO ROUND!! It doesn't even look like Bobby, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    HELLION SIGHTING...
    💙

Mighty Member

I think ghosting is a real problem that we do to each other, so that being a point is valid.

When I saw the first image I thought...
    ...A flashback to when he was Young Iceman..?
    ...he really looks like a little kid, too young even for that...
    ...but I don't remember that costume...
    ...Oh crap that's how he's drawing the adult version?!

Reminds me of...

Other that that, the costume is cool. Feels more DC than Marvel to me somehow.
    Glad someone remembered Bobby was planing to move to L.A. back in his ongoing, and according to him not because of Judah.
    And yay for Firestar!

HELLION HELLION HELLION HELLION HELLION. Now he's eligible for a couple of vote categories for the forums' votes at the end of the year, baby. #HellionSweep
    Nice Gentle cameo, too.

Also, thanks for PMing me this. I accidentally read the thread first, but still I appreciate the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Uhm... Does firestar know that family is allowed to live on Krakoa. Meh, it's probably safer for them this way
    Emma didn't want to deal with her bitching about her dead horse all the time, so she lied to Firestar to keep her off the island.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Looks cute, I might pick up the eventual trade. I don't understand why Bobby would want to live in LA rather than Krakoa. I don't like Firestar, and I don't like that writers act like she and Iceman have some deep friendship because of the cartoon when they have barely interacted in the comics. Bringing back Romeo is really weird, i guess it might be nice to give Bobby some closure on that relationship, but Romeo should still be a teen and Bobby definitely isn't so having this interaction now with the age difference just makes it kind of creepy and awkward. From what I can see of the costume there's way too much plain white, needs to be tweaked.

Iceman’s new costume looks pretty cool IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

Man this art is more cartoony than the new Marauders book no wonder these Infinity comics are considered so irrelevant