Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yes, this is kind of the root of it all. Like I was saying, bedroom scenes are probably about the same difficulty to draw as everything else. Just takes the writer putting it into the script.
    yes, it is not difficult to draw and we saw scenes like this before. Hickman just needs to put into the script, but looks like he doesn't want

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Le sigh. Complaining about the whole polyamor teases being cynical baiting is one thing. Always falling back on the "nope, they didn't show it, there's no swinging going on, the dudes totally aren't banging because baiting is WRONG!" is something else entirely.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much expect the x-office to choke before the finish line, but it's pretty darn obvious that being comfortably bisexual is part of Cyclops' new mutant Obama/Trudeau persona and that Wolverine is going to keep switching gears based on how much he's hurting over Jean banging other dudes/women or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Le sigh. Complaining about the whole polyamor teases being cynical baiting is one thing. Always falling back on the "nope, they didn't show it, there's no swinging going on, the dudes totally aren't banging because baiting is WRONG!" is something else entirely.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much expect the x-office to choke before the finish line, but it's pretty darn obvious that being comfortably bisexual is part of Cyclops' new mutant Obama/Trudeau persona and that Wolverine is going to keep switching gears based on how much he's hurting over Jean banging other dudes/women or whatever.
    I don't see anything about it. it isn't even subtext. People may argue that they want people to think this, but majority will see just a joke.
    bigger case of nothing to see

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    layout, so why we don't see it from inside. Another wink wink nudge
    We really don't need to see what the rooms look like from inside. They're bedrooms. What else do think goes on in there besides sleeping and banging? It's a weird requirement.

Do you need to see dildos and swings?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    At this point it’s just fun to see what excuses you’re gonna get for why it isn’t happening.
    We're gonna get the best ones when we get the panel of the three of them cuddling in bed together

"The heat is busted in Logan's room and he needs to snuggle for warmth, that's all!"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    His friend.

even if Logan and Cyclops being friends is not in character, but Hickman can't do in character for long
    Them being friends is in character. I have comics from the 70s and the 80s where they were friends despite snarking and arguing with each other. If they've been enemies the past few years...eh, those comics sucked anyway.

And Scott has other closer friends, none of them are living on the moon with them. There isn't a situation where they need Logan's help paying the rent or that Krakoa can't easily create another living quarters for Logan. There is only one super obvious reason (combined with the other hints) for him to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Why wouldn't Logan live with Cyclops if they became the best of buds?

As for definitive statements, the Uncanny 500 era lead writers wanted everyone to know Cyclops and Emma were having sex really, really badly. Trust me, a post-coital bed scene or topless guy with woman wrapped in blanket is not hard to depict.
    Again, Scott has other friends who aren't there and the rest of the people there are his family.

Weren't Scott and Emma in a monogamous relationship at the time? That kind of writing is incredibly common. This is dealing with a new, controversial situation so it's obvious why they are aren't being as explicit.

Them being friends is in character. I have comics from the 70s and the 80s where they were friends despite snarking and arguing with each other. If they've been enemies the past few years...eh, those comics sucked anyway.
    Eh...i think that calling then friends is a bit of a strecth to be honest, yes they got along and they never really hated eacth other (until Schism back in 2011 anyway), but their relationship always felt more like mutual respect for each other skills and they certanly would risk their lives to save the other if it came down to it, like any good teamate would do. But, the word friend always felt to me as something too strong to describe then.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

X-Men #7 has Cyclops literally saying Jean's hair makes it hard for both him and Logan to sleep with her, but sure, no polyamor going on here, no sir.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    X-Men #7 has Cyclops literally saying Jean's hair makes it hard for both him and Logan to sleep with her, but sure, no polyamor going on here, no sir.
    What... I'm pretty sure he was talking about Logan's body hair?(though I guess your point stands lol)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What... I'm pretty sure he was talking about Logan's body hair?(though I guess your point stands lol)
    it still doesnt help that scott knows so clearly how logan feels under the sheets

He just says "it's all that hair, too hot with it, to cold without it" so it could be either i guest.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He just says "it's all that hair, too hot with it, to cold without it" so it could be either i guest.
    how does he know that tho??????
    the plot thickens like logans thighs

Astonishing Member

Because Logan runs around naked more than storm does, lol.

BANNED

I feel like the phrasing ("all that hair", not "all the hair") implies it's Jean's hair, not Logan's or the hair of all the people involved. Considering Jean's hair is pretty long, I could only think he was referring to hers lol

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That is an... awesomely hilarious interpretation of that scene.

It was so vague that it could have meant Logan's own hair, Jean's hair, Cyke talking about Logan's body hair due to his own experience, etc. It was a vague awkward line but by going by what JDW says in interviews you can tell this is all on purpose. It is meant to be vague so we can support whatever theory we like. This is what Hickman meant about being clever but acknowledging some fans might hate it.

I hated this at first because I think it is straight male fantasy for a guy to have multiple women and women in comics tend to be used as objects for male characters. I also get annoyed at queer baiting (attempts to draw us LGBT folks in but still give us nothing). So I think this all mess can go in a bad direction, but at the same time if all characters are shown to be empowered by the new status quo of multiple partnerships/pairings then it could potentially work. It would all be worth it if it does away with the shipping aspect of fandom especially shipping wars or shippers constantly being disrespectful to creators on social media over "ships".

I can see good and bad things about this whole mess. It has been interesting to witness all the light form homophobias about the potential subtext with Scott and Wolverine. That has probably been the most telling (disappointing but still nor surprising). Th9ough I doubt it would ever happen and they are most likely just bros and have a brotherly type relationship now (from rivals/enemies , respected colleague, to unofficial member of the family 'Uncle Logan').

Though if Logan and Scott do 'share' Jean and they are all intimate together at the same time then that is still intimate contact even if the focus is on Jean. But the comics are PG rated, PG 13 at the very most extreme Id sa, so we couldn't get anything more than winks and nods.

BANNED

That is an... awesomely hilarious interpretation of that scene.
    I'm more surprised there was any other interpretation, actually. Maybe it's personal experience speaking louder.

You see, my girlfriend has really long and curly hair. It's beautiful and makes her all the more gorgeous. But it's sometimes a bother for some things, like kissing (and strands get stuck on my beard) or sleeping together, because that's when it gets all over me. So I figured, even if Jean's hair is only kinda wavy but still very long, Scott and Logan were going through similar issues LMAO