Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Good grief, Scott and Logan are having a post-coital chat over in the flagship and folks are going on about hand-holding and pecking in that other book, lol. Surreal.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm a scotgan shipper but I don't think Marvel would even conceive paring them on the main universe.
    I read that part as a joke to be honest.

I would love to get an AU were they are a couple without love drama.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Good grief, Scott and Logan are having a post-coital chat over in the flagship and folks are going on about hand-holding and pecking in that other book, lol. Surreal.
    It's better than having psychic coitus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm a scotgan shipper but I don't think Marvel would even conceive paring them on the main universe.

What was the joke? Because I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Logan talking about Scott in speedos

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    maybe joke is the wrong term, english is not my first language, sorry.

I mean something that they have no intention on delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Scott was fullyon costume. nice try

maybe joke is the wrong term, english is not my first language, sorry.

I mean something that they have no intention on delivering.
    It is called queerbaiting

people downvote me as hell on reddit because I said it wouldn't happen. funny

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I wonder if Scott asked Emma if she wanted to live there and she said no. Their relationship definitely seems more closed off than the throuple
    I think he might have and she refused. He asked Polaris too.

She goes to the moon though, Ororo said it in Marauders #8 so she might be sleeping with him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I wonder if Scott asked Emma if she wanted to live there and she said no. Their relationship definitely seems more closed off than the throuple
    What relationship? I only see Emma trying ND sCOTT ACTING NORMAL

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scott was fullyon costume. nice try
    X-Men #3, anyone?

Edit: Wrong number. Dang it. The one during which Jean got all pissy over ScEmma not embarrassing themselves with the PDA crap or whatever.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 02-26-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Someone on Reddit had an interesting theory about the nature of this "relationship" that I think is worth sharing.

As I, and others, have noted before, we've seen nothing on panel confirming that there's a polyamorous relationship going. To date, we've only gotten confirmation that Cyclops and Jean Grey are still together. They've kissed on panel. They've professed their love on panel. They've actively involved in raising a family together. Wolverine and Emma Frost are present and they are influences, but so far we've only gotten teases and innuendo.

Well, according to this theory, that's all they need. What if Wolverine and Emma Frost's position in the relationship involves nothing physical? They don't sleep in the same bed or join them in any kinky antics. Instead, theirs is a relationship based solely on psychic mingling. It's basically a more formal expansion of the psychic affair that Grant Morrison explored during his run. Hickman has said on multiple occasions that he's a fan of Morrison. Maybe this is his way of expanding that concept.

To some extent, everyone gets something out of it. Jean and Wolverine still never sleep together. Their relationship never goes beyond a friendly hug or a light kiss. Those are the boundaries they've negotiated. If they want a deeper intimacy, they have to do it in their mind. The same goes for Cyclops and Emma Frost. Physically, they don't get too intimate. In their minds, however, they do what they please. The only physical intimacy Cyclops and Jean share is with each other.

I think this makes sense in that it establishes clear boundaries, as most open relationships do. It also adds some new dynamics to the mix that don't rely exclusively on the tired tropes of love triangles. In this setup, nobody is completely left out in the cold. But there is a formal acknowledgement as to where they stand emotionally.

And if Marvel and their Disney overlords get uncomfortable with this kind of relationship, they have a means to easily retcon it or establish it was only thoughts and nothing more. Logistically speaking, I think this is the way to go about a relationship of this nature. It may or may not pan out. Like I said before, nothing has been confirmed. We've only been teased. Hopefully, we get clarity at some point. But how would everyone feel if the setup was something like I just described?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Someone on Reddit had an interesting theory about the nature of this "relationship" that I think is worth sharing.

As I, and others, have noted before, we've seen nothing on panel confirming that there's a polyamorous relationship going. To date, we've only gotten confirmation that Cyclops and Jean Grey are still together. They've kissed on panel. They've professed their love on panel. They've actively involved in raising a family together. Wolverine and Emma Frost are present and they are influences, but so far we've only gotten teases and innuendo.

Well, according to this theory, that's all they need. What if Wolverine and Emma Frost's position in the relationship involves nothing physical? They don't sleep in the same bed or join them in any kinky antics. Instead, theirs is a relationship based solely on psychic mingling. It's basically a more formal expansion of the psychic affair that Grant Morrison explored during his run. Hickman has said on multiple occasions that he's a fan of Morrison. Maybe this is his way of expanding that concept.

To some extent, everyone gets something out of it. Jean and Wolverine still never sleep together. Their relationship never goes beyond a friendly hug or a light kiss. Those are the boundaries they've negotiated. If they want a deeper intimacy, they have to do it in their mind. The same goes for Cyclops and Emma Frost. Physically, they don't get too intimate. In their minds, however, they do what they please. The only physical intimacy Cyclops and Jean share is with each other.

I think this makes sense in that it establishes clear boundaries, as most open relationships do. It also adds some new dynamics to the mix that don't rely exclusively on the tired tropes of love triangles. In this setup, nobody is completely left out in the cold. But there is a formal acknowledgement as to where they stand emotionally.

And if Marvel and their Disney overlords get uncomfortable with this kind of relationship, they have a means to easily retcon it or establish it was only thoughts and nothing more. Logistically speaking, I think this is the way to go about a relationship of this nature. It may or may not pan out. Like I said before, nothing has been confirmed. We've only been teased. Hopefully, we get clarity at some point. But how would everyone feel if the setup was something like I just described?
    No.

Logan is definetely fucking Jean and Scott. And I mean that in the most literal way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

It's an interesting theory, and one worthy of discussion and contemplation... my first thought though is an ontological one, "Why would telepaths consider things happening in the mind to be *less real* than in physical space?"

I would imagine telepaths of their caliber (Emma and Jean) to have almost a Platonic view of things in that all of our actions in physical space derive from what happens in the mental space and therefore the mental space is the source of all action, emotion, and things that are "physically" real.

I think it is only material positivists that still think everything in the mind is just electrical impulses or "flights of fancy" who would consider such liaisons to be less real than physical ones.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    It's an interesting theory, and one worthy of discussion and contemplation... my first thought though is an ontological one, "Why would telepaths consider things happening in the mind to be *less real* than in physical space?"

I would imagine telepaths of their caliber (Emma and Jean) to have almost a Platonic view of things in that all of our actions in physical space derive from what happens in the mental space and therefore the mental space is the source of all action, emotion, and things that are "physically" real.

I think it is only material positivists that still think everything in the mind is just electrical impulses or "flights of fancy" who would consider such liaisons to be less real than physical ones.
    I wrote such a filthy fanfic of Jean eavesdropping on Kurt and Logan in bed. I was proud of myself and of Jean.

BANNED

Cyclops probably has sex his condom hoodie on.