Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It was a dialogue-less two pager. I thought it was initially Rosenberg putting the nail in the coffin for Scemma, but then again this is the same writer who thought writing a trans panic murder was revolutionary and killing Multiple Man at the end of a mini about his resurrection would’ve been worth selling to customers. He’s a weird writer who doesn’t seem to be able to convey his messages that well. The difference here is that I’m more inclined to believe his intention over someone intentionally viewing everything in the worst possible way.
    Because it suits your view. but it hardly works on the context of the story of these two characters presented by Rosenberg himself

Well I really think that most people got the opposite of Rosenberg was trying to portray. Having Jean walking past Logan and Emma and then have them looking miserable on the side while Jean and Scott kiss definetely gives more ~Jott reunited again while Emma and Logan get sidelined~ than anything.

Whether author's intent really counts vs just what's actually on the page is a subjective debate that has no answer. Either way, Jean and Scott are definetely together now AND still seem to have something going on with Logan and/or Emma too, so...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Because it suits your view. but it hardly works on the context of the story of these two characters presented by Rosenberg himself
    Not just because it suits my views, but because I know that Rosenberg of all writers wouldn’t be the one to end the Love Square in two pages. Behind the crappy presentation is authorial intent. And Cyclops treated Emma coldly because he had just found out that he was basically sending mutants to their deaths because of a gamble that both Emma and Callahan were involved with.

What i fear is that because they dont know what to do, we are going to have a lot of "looks and gestures" but nothing meaty. Hope to be wrong.

I dont think that they are going to make the rectangle possible for the risk of pissing off fans, at the same time, they will not confirm any couple for the risk of pissing off fans.

It was a dialogue-less two pager. I thought it was initially Rosenberg putting the nail in the coffin for Scemma, but then again this is the same writer who thought writing a trans panic murder was revolutionary and killing Multiple Man at the end of a mini about his resurrection would’ve been worth selling to customers. He’s a weird writer who doesn’t seem to be able to convey his messages that well. The difference here is that I’m more inclined to believe his intention over someone intentionally viewing everything in the worst possible way.
    Bingo!

I think Rosenberg's scene was successful in that it got fans talking about the relationships and I believe it was intended to do just that. It was a nice little moment for Scott and Jean who had been apart for so long.

We all think that Scott and Jean are back together but we really do not know. All we know is that Jean lives in the Summer house. She has her own room and it is between Scott and Wolverine. It appears their rooms connect but we don't have anymore information.

Jean and Wolverine should interact in the Wolverine solo and didn't Percy say the issue would include romance? It might just be more winks and nods. I'm not sure if they want to give us definitive information. I think they want the shipping wars to go away so that whatever romance fans like, you get because it is all hinted at. So if you want Scott with Emma then they are seeing each other. If you want Scott with Jean then that is happening too. If you want Jean and Logan then you can read it as happening. But I'm thinking romance will not be a big central theme.

How long will all this last? Who knows.

I prefer them not to be in an open relationship but I also don't want Jean in a romantic relationship at all yet. I want Scott and Jean to be close friends who was once romantic. I want Scott to be the awesome captain commander that he is and I want Jean to continue to lead in her own way (the quiet council and working in X-force). Emma is doing great in the Hellfire trading company and Logan is leading the action squad in X-force. There is enough good things for us all to be happy. There isn't a lot of drama because the characters have moved on and they may or may not have embraced an open relationship philosophy.

Not just because it suits my views, but because I know that Rosenberg of all writers wouldn’t be the one to end the Love Square in two pages. Behind the crappy presentation is authorial intent. And Cyclops treated Emma coldly because he had just found out that he was basically sending mutants to their deaths because of a gamble that both Emma and Callahan were involved with.

Why Rosenberg couldn't be the one to end it? I think he just reforced it. Bendis pretty much ended Scott feelings for emma and Morrison ended Logan/Jean.

even before that Scott acted cold. this was over on Bendis run

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I didn't, but I shouldn't have to in order to judge HoX/PoX on its own merits on a craft level and needing only the broader knowledge of the characters involved. And I have at least read Morrison, and Jean has complicated feelings for Logan there at least, and that's well after her wedding.

And some other posters HAVE read these and seem to disagree with you, so...
    HoPox isn't a AU out of contiunuity tale. it is inserted on a continuity.
    If you want to ignore the continuity prior to the release of Hox pox, it is ok. But other people might not feel like this. They spend time an dmoney reading comics all those years, they deserve respect

She doesn't have complicate feelings for him after marriage, she is pretty set that she loves and want Scott.

It doesn't seem like continuity is being crapped on, just that knowing the ins and outs of every story since the last seismic shift isn't important for the enjoyment of Hox/PoX. Or it's not lining up with what YOU think continuity should be.
    They are ignoring huge chuncks of continuity to build an anticlimatic tale

According to you. That's your subjective view point, not an objective one. And you're bringing your own bias to it, which all comic fans do on certain subjects.
    people will do everything to fit their wishes and views

I like to view where chaarcters were left and their trajectories so I can have a holistic view on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    What i fear is that because they dont know what to do, we are going to have a lot of "looks and gestures" but nothing meaty. Hope to be wrong.

I dont think that they are going to make the rectangle possible for the risk of pissing off fans, at the same time, they will not confirm any couple for the risk of pissing off fans.
    It really seems like they are going this way, but not because of fans. There is higher ups and also a whole universe that will make relationships worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well I really think that most people got the opposite of Rosenberg was trying to portray. Having Jean walking past Logan and Emma and then have them looking miserable on the side while Jean and Scott kiss definetely gives more ~Jott reunited again while Emma and Logan get sidelined~ than anything.

Whether author's intent really counts vs just what's actually on the page is a subjective debate that has no answer. Either way, Jean and Scott are definetely together now AND still seem to have something going on with Logan and/or Emma too, so...
    I don't think there is that much open to interpretation. The pages speak very loud about Scott and jean being into each other and ignoring other suitors.
    intent of the writer doesn't count if isn't on page.

Logan probably isn't involved, is very clear from JDW interviews. I even remember that he gave Bishop to her on age of X-man because she hadn't another relationship. HE knew ahead everything that was going to happen.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-09-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Jean, Logan and Cyclops have always been presented together LOL

Anyways,

throuple!!!!

Wow, this reminds me how hard I was rooting for Dani and Cyclops to become a thing back when Rosenberg's run was still going on.

That entire run was so melodramatic. Damn, I miss that sort of stuff. Was it too much? Yeah. But seeing Dani teary-eyed yelling at Scott was my sort of drama! Days of Our Lives-esq. Lmao.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

My body is ready!

#GalentinesDay
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 02-14-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

BANNED

that composition...

LOL this just say Jean and Scott.