Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Jott. Scemma. Jogan. (Scogan? Jemma?) Some ships are unsinkable, and their shippers equally unmovable. But, that won't stop others from trying. Ever.

Interestingly, this can now arguably double as an appreciation thread.

Discuss!
    JEMMA all the way, and we even get an upcoming Jemma comic which is awesome. Jean Grey and Emma Frost for the win!

https://twitter.com/VinnySAart/statu...88316469882880
    ENIz3SzXYAAR8dP.jpg
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

I am getting bored of this same old same old threads. I think we should also consider friendship appreciation threads like Kurt/Logan or Kitty/Illyana/Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    what kinda of compromise?
    I meant that editorial could be compromising which relationship to actually stick with since they can’t make up their minds about Jott or Scemma. They may be thinking if they put all 4 of them as FWB or whatever they’ve fixed the shipping wars, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    In which Jean Grey was dead for the majority of them

Though I'd give you that Here Comes Tomorrow showed that she had moved on.
    You mean the decade where she was in the White Hot Room, where she not only encouraged Scott to move on but watched the progression of their relationship as we’ve see in both Endsong and Second Coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop_ View Post
    I am getting bored of this same old same old threads. I think we should also consider friendship appreciation threads like Kurt/Logan or Kitty/Illyana/Rachel.
    Make one! Maybe it’ll bring new discussion. But I still love shipping and romance in my stories, so I like threads like these. :P

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop_ View Post
    I’ll happily curate a Kurt and Logan thread. Though I’ll admit, it’ll be hard for me to keep it as just friendship, I’ve been slashing them since 1980...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You mean the decade where she was in the White Hot Room, where she not only encouraged Scott to move on but watched the progression of their relationship as we’ve see in both Endsong and Second Coming.
    I know, that's why I referenced HCM, the story where Jean becomes the White Phoenix and makes Scemma happen on her grave. Also being a Scemma voyeur/rotting corpse isn't a good development for her so don't even try it

I know, that's why I referenced HCM, the story where Jean becomes the White Phoenix and makes Scemma happen on her grave. Also being a Scemma voyeur/rotting corpse isn't a good development for her so don't even try it
    Okay......still happened.

Can't we talk about how Jean Grey is going to show Emma Frost how to be a good bottom! I love them both, and I know that Emma would definitely let Jean top her!

We can, but I prefer talking about the guys with them, too. Lol.

Ok. But 2003 - 2017 was awful for (adult)Jean and Jean fans. The endless marvel teases, the fact that she only appeared in Land drawn post Scemma sex scenes. IT WAS HELL.

Ok. But 2003 - 2017 was awful for (adult)Jean and Jean fans. The endless marvel teases, the fact that she only appeared in Land drawn post Scemma sex scenes. IT WAS HELL.
    lol, try being a Rachel Summers fan, or a Polaris fan, trust me you are not alone in having a favourite being sidelined indefinitely, or in Lorna's case completely ruined multiple times (Malice)!

Jean is back and she isn't going anywhere, at least you have your favourite back as a featured main character again, and she has been since she came back in 2018, and before that teen Jean was massively promoted for a few years.

I completely agree that Marvel was absolutely wrong to write out Jean, they took the cowards way out instead of just doing a divorce storyline and having Jean move on. There were so many things they could have done with Jean, have her divorce Scott, leave the Xavier institute to Emma and Scott, and Jean goes and joins the Avengers or perhaps she forms her own team of mutants. Marvel just didn't want to resolve the storyline with a divorce so they killed her off, because they were cowards, and because Queseda didn't want any grown up stories for Scott, Jean, Peter, and MJ in comics anymore.

Anyway, Jean is back, so is Emma and Emma got abandoned a few times herself. She was dropped for a while after Generation X ended, and then she got dropped again after IvX when the editors and powers that be decided that they wanted the Inhumans to be heroes for committing genocide, so of course Emma Frost had to become a villain so the Inhumans could be awesome (which they weren't and they still sucked)!

So now Jean and Emma are both back in the X-fold, they are both heroic, and they are kind of friendly right now and going for drinks after work like work friends, so that's progress to me. Emma is even buying the drinks!

As for the other two Scott and Logan, they were both killed off, and now they are finally back. After the horrible Uncanny run by Rosenberg, Hickman has fixed Scott and Logan and restored them to the badass awesome X-characters that they are! Scott is getting heavily featured, and Logan is in X-Force and getting his own book again.

I think things are looking up for all four characters, and we will get lots of interactions between them all going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    lol, try being a Rachel Summers fan, or a Polaris fan, trust me you are not alone in having a favourite being sidelined indefinitely, or in Lorna's case completely ruined multiple times (Malice)!

Jean is back and she isn't going anywhere, at least you have your favourite back as a featured main character again, and she has been since she came back in 2018, and before that teen Jean was massively promoted for a few years.

I completely agree that Marvel was absolutely wrong to write out Jean, they took the cowards way out instead of just doing a divorce storyline and having Jean move on. There were so many things they could have done with Jean, have her divorce Scott, leave the Xavier institute to Emma and Scott, and Jean goes and joins the Avengers or perhaps she forms her own team of mutants. Marvel just didn't want to resolve the storyline with a divorce so they killed her off, because they were cowards, and because Queseda didn't want any grown up stories for Scott, Jean, Peter, and MJ in comics anymore.

Anyway, Jean is back, so is Emma and Emma got abandoned a few times herself. She was dropped for a while after Generation X ended, and then she got dropped again after IvX when the editors and powers that be decided that they wanted the Inhumans to be heroes for committing genocide, so of course Emma Frost had to become a villain so the Inhumans could be awesome (which they weren't and they still sucked)!

So now Jean and Emma are both back in the X-fold, they are both heroic, and they are kind of friendly right now and going for drinks after work like work friends, so that's progress to me. Emma is even buying the drinks!

As for the other two Scott and Logan, they were both killed off, and now they are finally back. After the horrible Uncanny run by Rosenberg, Hickman has fixed Scott and Logan and restored them to the badass awesome X-characters that they are! Scott is getting heavily featured, and Logan is in X-Force and getting his own book again.

I think things are looking up for all four characters, and we will get lots of interactions between them all going forward.
    Lmao, when you put it like that, you're right. Though I do know what it's like to have a fave ruined, The Scarlet Witch was completely destroyed by Bendis. And I just think that Jean becoming Scemma's fairy godpeeper wasn't a good development for her

Lmao, when you put it like that, you're right. Though I do know what it's like to have a fave ruined, The Scarlet Witch was completely destroyed by Bendis. And I just think that Jean becoming Scemma's fairy godpeeper wasn't a good development for her
    Oh I agree. I think Jean should have returned at Phoenix Endsong, that would have been a perfect place to bring her back into the X-books. I think that was a massively missed opportunity!

Plus, you can't believe how long I have been waiting for Jean and Rachel to actually go on some missions together and actually talk on panel and being family together. It's my greatest wish for 2020 to have Rachel and Jean go on some missions together!

and is completely irrelevant for this Jean, because it isn't her tha tmade that happen
    It's like people want to double down on this, that was a shitty period for jean and her fans.
    I want Jean fresh, not the same relationships that are toxic to her
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-02-2020 at 03:42 PM.