Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I don't think anything will ever be confirmed on panel. Hickman is going to continue being vague and let readers fill in the blanks
    It's like not telling a story. it's like that meme subtext is for cowards

It won't get confirmed but we will get the traditional couple

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I don't think anything will ever be confirmed on panel. Hickman is going to continue being vague and let readers fill in the blanks
    I hope they keep on doing that. All of these polyamory relations have exceedingly destroyed the mainstream narrative for the last 20 yrs or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I hope they keep on doing that. All of these polyamory relations have exceedingly destroyed the mainstream narrative for the last 20 yrs or so.
    This new avenue is born from those 20+ years of romance-related storytelling. This is the most interesting these characters’ relationships have ever been.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is not. It is only more tiresome "Will they, won't they?" then everybody breaks up again, specially because the connections between these characters it is pretty problematic. This is just ignoring a lot of problems between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This new avenue is born from those 20+ years of romance-related storytelling. This is the most interesting these characters’ relationships have ever been.
    Not even close to be interesting. The most interesting relationship Jean had on the last 20 years was her and Bishop. the rest is directionless teasing
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-02-2020 at 01:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    All they did for the last 20 years was to kill a major character and in the middle of that, they shifted most of the attention towards breaking them since Schism which affected x-men comics terribly.

Astonishing Member

wow now i know the difference of the 2 threads on this subject, yeah I thought if I express not liking, I will be attacked for various for reasons but yeah glad I'm not the only that think this and yeah I can express I'm not a fan athough my friend's reaction was pretty hilarious as he's a more conservative type and is overreacting.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The problem is not poly relationships, there is nothing wrong with those relationships. The problem at least to me are the characters that are involved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The problem is not poly relationships, there is nothing wrong with those relationships. The problem at least to me are the characters that are involved.
    The problem of these relationships of "how" they were involved.

BANNED

This was the least interesting, least bold direction they could have taken these characters. For one, the poly is at best just winks, and barely that. Second, all of these characters are very strong-willed. That Emma and Wolverine would just hang around being side-pieces is nonsense. Third, this direction is mostly because of the nostalgia of not wanting to see Jean alive and not with Cyclops at the same time...so we have the cake of Jott and eat it too by only pretending it's something different from nostalgia drivel.

The most radical, perhaps the best thing to do, would be to split them up entirely. Hopefully, when we are reminded that Jott is awful again the frat bros don't freak out and kill Jean again, rather than just allowing something new to happen with her.

The rectangle is a copout. Jott is just a side-effect of woman-hating and nostalgia. Wake me when the storytelling is fearless.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-02-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Regardless of whether or not the poly relationship is ever confirmed, the playful flirting and friendly banter between Logan, Scott, Emma and Jean is still far better than the decades worth of toxic relationship drama that was weighing the x-men comics down. I will gladly accept Hickman's vague innuendos than go back to that lame soap opera.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Regardless of whether or not the poly relationship is ever confirmed, the playful flirting and friendly banter between Logan, Scott, Emma and Jean is still far better than the decades worth of toxic relationship drama that was weighing the x-men comics down. I will gladly accept Hickman's vague innuendos than go back to that lame soap opera.

Innuendos are romance.

Trolling is cleverness.

Queerbaiting is love.

Horrendous OOC behaviour is new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This was the least interesting, least bold direction they could have taken these characters. For one, the poly is at best just winks, and barely that. Second, all of these characters are very strong-willed. That Emma and Wolverine would just hang around being side-pieces is nonsense. Third, this direction is mostly because of the nostalgia of not wanting to see Jean alive and not with Cyclops at the same time...so we have the cake of Jott and eat it too by only pretending it's something different from nostalgia drivel.

The most radical, perhaps the best thing to do, would be to split them up entirely. Hopefully, when we are reminded that Jott is awful again the frat bros don't freak out and kill Jean again, rather than just allowing something new to happen with her.

The rectangle is a copout. Jott is just a side-effect of woman-hating and nostalgia. Wake me when the storytelling is fearless.
    lol at equating relationships inside a polycule as “side pieces” and relating it to not being “strong-willed”

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not even close to be interesting. The most interesting relationship Jean had on the last 20 years was her and Bishop. the rest is directionless teasing
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    All they did for the last 20 years was to kill a major character and in the middle of that, they shifted most of the attention towards breaking them since Schism which affected x-men comics terribly.

Some people are hopeless.

The polycule getting everyone’s panties in a bunch means it’s working.