Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    lol at equating relationships inside a polycule as “side pieces” and relating it to not being “strong-willed”

Yes, strong-willed and bullheaded. All four of them. It makes sense for them to want to share bedmates only if you ignore literally all of the stories involving more than one of them at the same time.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-02-2020 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Phone just would not let me type bedmates for some reason.

As someone who has read X-men comics for a long, the polycule makes 10000% sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    As someone who has read X-men comics for a long, the polycule makes 10000% sense.
    For fanfiction purposes, sure.

It honestly saddens me that supposed long-time X-Men fans say this kind of stuff unjokingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yes, strong-willed and bullheaded. All four of them. It makes sense for them to want to share bedmates only if you ignore literally all of the stories involving more than one of them at the same time.
    They’re all strong-willed and they’re also all horny. Emma knows how Jott is, Jean knows how Scemma is, Jean knows how Scogan is, Logan knows how Jott is, Scott knows how Logean is, Logan knows how Scemma is, and Scott sort of understands Jemma. And I only sort of mean this as a joke, these are actual character interactions that each of these characters acknowledge exists and this is also the first time they’ve all been together since Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

It honestly saddens me that supposed long-time X-Men fans say this kind of stuff unjokingly.
    Weird thing to feel sad about but maybe you can find a support group on here? Thoughts and prayers

Perhaps different people might enjoy different things in their power fantasies?

It saddens you that Wolverine, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, and White Queen are all in a bisexual polycule? Why?? :/

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Perhaps different people might enjoy different things in their power fantasies?
    Enjoing is one thing. Saying that it matches with previous characterization is other.

It saddens you that Wolverine, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, and White Queen are all in a bisexual polycule? Why?? :/
    No. It saddens me that people think it's in-character for them to do so.

Astonishing Member

They’re all strong-willed and they’re also all horny. Emma knows how Jott is, Jean knows how Scemma is, Jean knows how Scogan is, Logan knows how Jott is, Scott knows how Logean is, Logan knows how Scemma is, and Scott sort of understands Jemma. And I only sort of mean this as a joke, these are actual character interactions that each of these characters acknowledge exists and this is also the first time they’ve all been together since Morrison.
    You know Madelyn Pryor's going to try to get in there somehow LOL

Not that big of an issue I think.

What's in character varies (more or less) with each writer and reader and the polycule is either there or or not depending on how you look, so works just fine. Probably.

It is definately not in character, but people have some agenda so they ignore that
    they ignore how Jean got over Logan and how Scott didn't gave a damn about Emma.

Basically what Hickman is doing and he thinks is "clever"

Innuendos are romance.

Trolling is cleverness.

Queerbaiting is love.

Horrendous OOC behaviour is new direction.
    right on point

This was the least interesting, least bold direction they could have taken these characters. For one, the poly is at best just winks, and barely that. Second, all of these characters are very strong-willed. That Emma and Wolverine would just hang around being side-pieces is nonsense. Third, this direction is mostly because of the nostalgia of not wanting to see Jean alive and not with Cyclops at the same time...so we have the cake of Jott and eat it too by only pretending it's something different from nostalgia drivel.

The most radical, perhaps the best thing to do, would be to split them up entirely. Hopefully, when we are reminded that Jott is awful again the frat bros don't freak out and kill Jean again, rather than just allowing something new to happen with her.

The rectangle is a copout. Jott is just a side-effect of woman-hating and nostalgia. Wake me when the storytelling is fearless.
    There isn't nothing Bold about this, this would only lose on sexism to Jean being fridgered so she couldn't be with anyone else.
    Jean being on the same triangle for 30 years isn't bold, needing Scott to say it is ok to have another partner is even worse. Scott could fool around and Jean had no say on this.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-03-2020 at 07:40 AM.

I’m flashing back to the Phoenix 5 mess and thinking that the X-men dived into bad fan fiction waters years ago unfortunately.
    I go back and forth on the poly stuff. I don’t like queer baiting, and I’m not sure about male fantasy bs but making Scott a ‘cuck’ (according to some straight male fans) isn’t exactly straight male fantasy so I’m not clear on what is going on anymore.

Hickman probably has something to say about mutant sexuality -that it is more open and less restrictive than human sexuality. Maybe everyone is pan now. Maybe one day they will spell it out, otherwise they will continue to hint and we get to draw our own conclusions...which for the time being is what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I’m flashing back to the Phoenix 5 mess and thinking that the X-men dived into bad fan fiction waters years ago unfortunately.
    I go back and forth on the poly stuff. I don’t like queer baiting, and I’m not sure about male fantasy bs but making Scott a ‘cuck’ (according to some straight male fans) isn’t exactly straight male fantasy so I’m not clear on what is going on anymore.

Hickman probably has something to say about mutant sexuality -that it is more open and less restrictive than human sexuality. Maybe everyone is pan now. Maybe one day they will spell it out, otherwise they will continue to hint and we get to draw our own conclusions...which for the time being is what they want.
    Hickman is trying to force something out of nowhere to make flash headlines. Humanirty is fairly complex how to deal with sexuality

"cuck" or not it is still a very straight fantasy
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-03-2020 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman is trying to force something out of nowhere to make flash headlines. Humanirty is fairly complex how to deal with sexuality

"cuck" or not it is still a very straight fantasy
    Perhaps but tell that to the straight guys who love Cyclops just going by Facebook comments, comments here and on reddit, as well as twitter they don’t seem to happy about the idea of Scott and Logan hooking up. Of course online fans are not representative of fandom as a whole.

Scott is Hickman’s clear fav but the cyclops threads don’t seem very excited. I think fans are skeptical about all of this (and they are still bitter about Rightclops bring wrongclops -that and they are unsure if he’s a clone that just thinks he’s Scott Summers).