Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    After reading the last few pages, don't know what is worse, the side that supports this idea or the one that doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    We’re both awful. Pick your poison. Ha.
    I see no lies.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I love love love that with the time gap between the end of Uncanny and the current Krakoa..... there is an abundance of wiggle room to argue off panel character activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I love love love that with the time gap between the end of Uncanny and the current Krakoa..... there is an abundance of wiggle room to argue off panel character activity.
    And the fact that it's all off-panel leaves plenty of room for assumptions, theories, and head-canon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Kind of late to the discussion, but wanted to chime in and hear some opinions. I was thinking about the concept of polyamory in a comic and I honestly think it's great, and something I've never seen before in a comic by the Big Two ( nor in indie comics for that matter, but I'm sure that's more on me not knowing about these comics. Can someone recommend a comic that deals with polyamory as one of its themes ?)

But I keep thinking that the characters they chose for that are just..
    I don't know , not right for it . I see Jean and Cyclops as total vanilla , with the occasional dark phoenix fantasy on the part of Cyke( I'm sure Jean has hers as well ). Now, that's not an insult to these characters, I'm pretty Vanilla myself, lol . But to me, they always gave off "Mom and Dad" vibes.

Logan , yeah, I can see him being in a polyamory relationship . Dude's as old as the hills, he should have a pretty open mind about this . Emma , I feel like she wouldn't be down to sharing Cyclops, especially with Jean . IMO , she would rather die than being put in a position where Cyclops is with both of them.

I know,though, that this might be exactly why those characters were chosen : to redefine these aspects of their lives . But does anyone feel similarly , that other characters could have been better suited for this concept ?
    Last edited by Fall-From-Grace; 03-04-2020 at 07:06 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    But isn't what you've written here the opposite of what's on panel?
    Nope, because nothing on panel has yet to indicate that this is a degrading situation for Jean. Quite the opposite actually.

You have to do some serious mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion. I think some fans WANT this to be bad for her and are making it so in their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Nope, because nothing on panel has yet to indicate that this is a degrading situation for Jean. Quite the opposite actually.

You have to do some serious mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion. I think some fans WANT this to be bad for her and are making it so in their minds.
    Because nothing happened. But a woman being shared around by two dudes with a past abusive behavior is degrading

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    Kind of late to the discussion, but wanted to chime in and hear some opinions. I was thinking about the concept of polyamory in a comic and I honestly think it's great, and something I've never seen before in a comic by the Big Two ( nor in indie comics for that matter, but I'm sure that's more on me not knowing about these comics. Can someone recommend a comic that deals with polyamory as one of its themes ?)
    Poliamori already happened on DC, it was written by Gail simone on secret six.

It's a really bad concept for comics and fiction, asit makes couples and love worth less. look at the success of YA novels with all the tension about love triangles
    on a shared universed polimori owuld b like poison for reader engagement

But I keep thinking that the characters they chose for that are just..
    I don't know , not right for it . I see Jean and Cyclops as total vanilla , with the occasional dark phoenix fantasy on the part of Cyke( I'm sure Jean has hers as well ). Now, that's not an insult to these characters, I'm pretty Vanilla myself, lol . But to me, they always gave off "Mom and Dad" vibes.

Logan , yeah, I can see him being in a polyamory relationship . Dude's as old as the hills, he should have a pretty open mind about this . Emma , I feel like she wouldn't be down to sharing Cyclops, especially with Jean . IMO , she would rather die than being put in a position where Cyclops is with both of them.
    I don't see Logan, Cyclops or Jean into it. they have been shown as monogamic as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Sure there is time to force it into chaarcters, even if uncanny let it very clear how cyclops is only into Jean and Jean only into Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Nathan thinks they are both are parents foster or not. Giving up on years of married relationship is worse. Like it or not it shows that u don't have a strong will or she actually never loved him(which is not true at all) and Scott moved on because Jean told him to because she was dead.
    nathan was already a adult.
    So Scott can cheat, choose another woman to date but Jean have to kept loving him? this is a abusive relationship and a sexist one where the woman never move on
    The fact that Jean removed Scott guilt, makes zero difference for the fact that he would choose to stay with Emma
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-04-2020 at 07:22 AM.

IF poly love is indeed a thing, I don't think it's degrading, just neutral. Like yeah Jean's a polyandrist so what. Maybe she can get a show on Krakoan TLC

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Because nothing happened. But a woman being shared around by two dudes with a past abusive behavior is degrading
    Tbh to me it seems like Jean has two husbands and that she is the one in charge. If it's happening obviously
    Last edited by starduck; 03-04-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post

Tbh to me it seems like Jean has two husbands and that she is the one in charge. If it's happening obviously
    Jean is inexperienced on love camp, she isn't in charge. She should experience her sexuality on her own terms and alone

You're contradicting yourself. If nothing happened, then how is she being shared between two dudes? It's one or the other.

It seems likely it IS happening. There is too much coding to ignore. And one of the dudes is being shared with another woman. Jean seems ok with the set up, so there is no need to project victimhood onto her or whatever.

Jean is inexperienced on love camp, she isn't in charge. She should experience her sexuality on her own terms and alone
    By what standards is she too inexperienced to know what she wants?

She's not a child.

You're contradicting yourself. If nothing happened, then how is she being shared between two dudes? It's one or the other.

It seems likely it IS happening. There is too much coding to ignore. And one of the dudes is being shared with another woman. Jean seems ok with the set up, so there is no need to project victimhood onto her or whatever.
    I said that nothing has been shown, but if it really happens is not a good show for Jean be sharaed around more experienced guys.
    the other woman that hates Jean, Jean would never be ok with this setup

By what standards is she too inexperienced to know what she wants?

She's not a child.
    Thi shave nothing to do with being a child. Women enter abusive relationships in all ages, Jean lacks experiences on relationships. Logan already had hundresds of women, Cyclops also had his fair share.
    the thought that Jean needs Scott authorization to explore her sexuality is regressive

I said that nothing has been shown, but if it really happens is not a good show for Jean be sharaed around more experienced guys.
    the other woman that hates Jean, Jean would never be ok with this setup
    The other woman doesn't hate Jean any more. Evidently she's ok with it.

Thi shave nothing to do with being a child. Women enter abusive relationships in all ages, Jean lacks experiences on relationships. Logan already had hundresds of women, Cyclops also had his fair share.
    the thought that Jean needs Scott authorization to explore her sexuality is regressive
    None of that matters if Jean is uninterested in exploring other options. She's a big girl, she can make up her own mind.
    There is nothing to suggest Scott has any authority in this decision. You're pulling that out of thin air.

Sorry to butt in like this, but I was kinda wondering what everyone’s thoughts on Jean-Luc were. Other than that they are a couple of major trekkies. Figured since the discussion is polyamory (albeit with a certain four) and I’ve seen talk of whether it’s even in-character, given the characters involved. With that said, I’m kinda curious how it would factor into this whole “rectangle” thing. Is it even a rectangle anymore?
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Sorry to butt in like this, but I was kinda wondering what everyone’s thoughts on Jean-Luc were. Other than that they are a couple of major trekkies. Figured since the discussion is polyamory (albeit with a certain four) and I’ve seen talk of whether it’s even in-character, given the characters involved. With that said, I’m kinda curious how it would factor into this whole “rectangle” thing. Is it even a rectangle anymore?
    Today's Marauders made me have thoughts about it.

Omg, me too. I’m glad it wasn’t just me.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The less people involved the better but that is just me. I can't imagine how much trouble could occur with more.
    We will have more love triangles, more break ups. That's what happens to all characters and relationship with more people on the Marvel universe.

I honestly wouldn't want any character I like involved on this mess. Which is sad because I like Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine but this hasn't done anything good for them.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-04-2020 at 08:27 AM.