Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The other woman doesn't hate Jean any more. Evidently she's ok with it.
    She still hates her, and she did quite damage many times to jean. that is enough for Jean not wanting her around.

None of that matters if Jean is uninterested in exploring other options. She's a big girl, she can make up her own mind.
    There is nothing to suggest Scott has any authority in this decision. You're pulling that out of thin air.
    Sure that she is uninterested because god forbid Jean really not wanting to be on same love triangle for 30 years. Jean not wanting Scott i sbasically a crime for writers.
    Scott that has a story of dating around many women. Jean only ever been with him

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Sorry to butt in like this, but I was kinda wondering what everyone’s thoughts on Jean-Luc were. Other than that they are a couple of major trekkies. Figured since the discussion is polyamory (albeit with a certain four) and I’ve seen talk of whether it’s even in-character, given the characters involved. With that said, I’m kinda curious how it would factor into this whole “rectangle” thing. Is it even a rectangle anymore?
    I ship it alone. polimori simply doesn't work on comics and for these characters

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sure that she is uninterested because god forbid Jean really not wanting to be on same love triangle for 30 years. Jean not wanting Scott i sbasically a crime for writers.
    Scott that has a story of dating around many women. Jean only ever been with him
    Jean's most iconic love interest is Cyclops. I know some don't like it but it is that way. They have a deep and long story and loving him is a part of her character as much as it is of him. Cyclops has always been portrayed to care deepely about Jean through the decades. That's like complaining about Wanda liking Vision.
    Scott basically was with Jean, Emma and Maddie which was a clone of Jean. Jean was with Cyclops and apparently Wolverine now.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-04-2020 at 08:35 AM.

I have no problem with them having an iconic relationship. It’s true. They did. But like a lot of high school sweethearts who married young, they eventually realized they had grown apart. They still love one another, but aren’t in love with one another. And they are better with other people. Especially Scott with Emma. But also Jean with Logan. They’ve always had more passion. Always. Every kiss, from Inferno to X-Tinction Agenda to Morrison’s run (when Jean threw herself at Logan) or Casey’s run (with that hot cover of the two of them kissing)... all of those moments had more passion than pretty much any panel I’ve ever seen Jean share with Scott. And Jean even pushed Scott towards Emma in Here Comes Tomorrow.

So as I see it Scott and Jean have a deep relationship. Like two exes who are still great friends, and love one another, and are still maybe somewhat attracted to one another even. But they also have a lot of attraction for the new people they’ve moved on to.

That’s what it seems like to me anyway.

Well, yeah. Scott was with Emma and Jean has the hots for Wolverine. I'm just saying that they do like each other.
    Because there is some people that have this headcanon that they don't or want them to not. Which is not the case.

Oh. Yeah, they don’t seem to have any animosity towards one another at all. I think they even love one another.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She still hates her, and she did quite damage many times to jean. that is enough for Jean not wanting her around.
    You saying that doesn't make it so, especially as the writing seems to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean's most iconic love interest is Cyclops. I know some don't like it but it is that way. They have a deep and long story and loving him is a part of her character as much as it is of him. Cyclops has always been portrayed to care deepely about Jean through the decades. That's like complaining about Wanda liking Vision.
    Scott basically was with Jean, Emma and Maddie which was a clone of Jean. Jean was with Cyclops and apparently Wolverine now.
    Since this is a new "milestone" era for the X-Men designed to bring in both lapsed and new readers, playing up the iconic relationships is to be exepected.

If Cyclops had other women besides Jean and Emma, none of them matter any more this to him than any of Jean's other potential relationships do aside from Scott and Logan. Not enough writers or fans are interested in exploring this with any other combination. It's not like we're seeing Colleen Wing or Lee Forrester mixed in with this, because nobody cares. Maddie will show up, but not for romance. Scott and Jean are more or less on equal footing because they each have each other and one other person (Emma and Logan).

if Jean and Scott are iconic, yes they are. But writers have to make it worth like Scott saying that he regrets his relationship with Emma and that he will never cheat on Jean again.
    Hickman can't even show jean and Scott talking.

Scott had Lee and that ex-gf from Iron Fist too,

Jean isn't on the same level as Scott and Logan.

Counting Lee is like counting Beast and Tedd. Like there was something brief there but it was almost nothing.
    But I do agree, with the rest.

if Jean and Scott are iconic, yes they are. But writers have to make it worth like Scott saying that he regrets his relationship with Emma and that he will never cheat on Jean again.
    Hickman can't even show jean and Scott talking.

Scott had Lee and that ex-gf from Iron Fist too,

Jean isn't on the same level as Scott and Logan.

You saying that doesn't make it so, especially as the writing seems to disagree with you.
    Writing doesn't say anything that defeats my argument.

Since this is a new "milestone" era for the X-Men designed to bring in both lapsed and new readers, playing up the iconic relationships is to be exepected.

If Cyclops had other women besides Jean and Emma, none of them matter any more this to him than any of Jean's other potential relationships do aside from Scott and Logan. Not enough writers or fans are interested in exploring this with any other combination. It's not like we're seeing Colleen Wing or Lee Forrester mixed in with this, because nobody cares. Maddie will show up, but not for romance. Scott and Jean are more or less on equal footing because they each have each other and one other person (Emma and Logan).
    This is a bad take. They aren't on equal footing, scott dated a lot more women.
    While jean was dead so he could date Emma.
    Also new readers or lapsed readers are attracted to good stories, not same couples in a bad writing mess

Counting Lee is like counting Beast and Tedd. Like there was something brief there but it was almost nothing.
    But I do agree, with the rest.
    Tedd they didn't even kissed. Beast was only a kiss on page and Jean said he was a brother (not in a game of thrones way or she would continue to date him)
    lee was a lot more important

The less people involved the better but that is just me. I can't imagine how much trouble could occur with more.
    We will have more love triangles, more break ups. That's what happens to all characters and relationship with more people on the Marvel universe.

I honestly wouldn't want any character I like involved on this mess. Which is sad because I like Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine but this hasn't done anything good for them.
    It is rather convoluted. And I do feel the same.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Love Triangles were toxic.

Polyamory/Polygamy is a bloody joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Love Triangles were toxic.

Polyamory/Polygamy is a bloody joke.
    it will all become a even bigger toxic soup

Writing doesn't say anything that defeats my argument.
    Every issue with their interactions does.
    They wouldn't work together well as a team or tease each other in a friendly way if they hated each other.

This is a bad take. They aren't on equal footing, scott dated a lot more women.
    While jean was dead so he could date Emma.
    Also new readers or lapsed readers are attracted to good stories, not same couples in a bad writing mess
    The other women Scott dated are irrelevant to the narrative so far. Most fans and casuals couldn't even name anyone besides Jean, Emma and Maddie, so they don't matter.

And yes, the good stories we have now are attracting new and lapses readers. Something's working where it wasn't before.

Every issue with their interactions does.
    They wouldn't work together well as a team or tease each other in a friendly way if they hated each other.
    they aren't friends andthe way Jean talked about her is full of resentment, complete unrealistic owmen be friends with their husbands misstress

The other women Scott dated are irrelevant to the narrative so far. Most fans and casuals couldn't even name anyone besides Jean, Emma and Maddie, so they don't matter.

And yes, the good stories we have now are attracting new and lapses readers. Something's working where it wasn't before.
    I don't care if they are irrelevant, they happened and were important for his character

they don't seems to be attracting much more than gold/blue era or even Bendis era

they aren't friends andthe way Jean talked about her is full of resentment, complete unrealistic owmen be friends with their husbands misstress
    I think you're reading more into this than what is actually there.

I don't care if they are irrelevant, they happened and were important for his character
    Lol they can't be both important AND irrelevant at the same time.
    Clearly they don't matter. Nobody cares about any of the besides Jean, Emma and Maddie. When have any of the others been very important for Scott in the runs that matter?

they don't seems to be attracting much more than gold/blue era or even Bendis era
    Source?? Because I feel like this has been disproven in previous threads.