Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think you're reading more into this than what is actually there.
    That is not how Jean talk with people she likes

Lol they can't be both important AND irrelevant at the same time.
    Clearly they don't matter. Nobody cares about any of the besides Jean, Emma and Maddie. When have any of the others been very important for Scott in the runs that matter?
    You said it was irrelevant, I don't think they are irrelevant.
    Lee was important because Scott still choose x-men over her

Source?? Because I feel like this has been disproven in previous threads.
    Only the hickman book is really doing better numbers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Because nothing happened.

nathan was already a adult.
    So Scott can cheat, choose another woman to date but Jean have to kept loving him? this is a abusive relationship and a sexist one where the woman never move on
    The fact that Jean removed Scott guilt, makes zero difference for the fact that he would choose to stay with Emma
    Fair Enough.

Let me get some things straight for you.
    What Scott did was wrong but they were still married and the fact if Jean would have gone with another man during her own marriage is only making things worse for her own character because she is not only abusing her healthy marriage but also becoming responsibile for her supposedly revenge on her marriage in the end.

Right now Jean and Scott's marriage is supposed to be annulled because of their deaths therefore if Jean goes out with someone else I don't think that should be a problem for Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Love Triangles were toxic.

Polyamory/Polygamy is a bloody joke.
    I agree polyamory is often a joke and rarely portrayed well in any media, but I would prefer a poorly written polyamory plot over another love triangle. And few characters have suffered worse impacts than Scott, Jean, Emma, and Wolverine.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I agree polyamory is often a joke and rarely portrayed well in any media, but I would prefer a poorly written polyamory plot over another love triangle. And few characters have suffered worse impacts than Scott, Jean, Emma, and Wolverine.
    Tbf Scott and Jean's marriage weren't that enticing either especially after their marriage or 90s in general.

Scott, Emma and Wolverine didn't suffered anything. The only one that suffered was Jean

who to say if poliamori won't turn on a new love triangle level 9000? of course it will because marvel lives for drama

BANNED

they don't seems to be attracting much more than gold/blue era or even Bendis era

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Tbf Scott and Jean's marriage weren't that enticing either especially after their marriage or 90s in general.
    I respectfully disagree. I think their marriage was written very well, up until the Morrison run. They were sincere, genuine, and loving in all the ways you would expect of a married couple. I like that they're now functioning more as a family rather than a couple of newlyweds. But I think the ambiguity of Wolverine and Emma's place in their lives is what's causing all the drama, even though it's based entirely on off-panel assumptions.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Scott, Emma and Wolverine didn't suffered anything. The only one that suffered was Jean

who to say if poliamori won't turn on a new love triangle level 9000? of course it will because marvel lives for drama
    LOL I respectfully disagree. Schism and AvX happens were half reasonable for this s%8!

Fair Enough.

Let me get some things straight for you.
    What Scott did was wrong but they were still married and the fact if Jean would have gone with another man during her own marriage is only making things worse for her own character because she is not only abusing her healthy marriage but also becoming responsibile for her supposedly revenge on her marriage in the end.

Right now Jean and Scott's marriage is supposed to be annulled because of their deaths therefore if Jean goes out with someone else I don't think that should be a problem for Scott.
    After Scott run away from her, the marriage was over. it was fair game for jean get another love interest too, but Morrison never had any intention of giving Jean a new love interest or continue her story. It was planned to kill her off.
    I don't see where she was abusing her healthy marriage? there isn't nothing heath about cheating. Scott wasn't even touching her, I would say the marriage was over that and Scott just buried it when he was cheating with Emma.
    this stories are designed for Male chaarcter get well out of it even if they were a-holes all the time

The Marvel site says that Jean and Scott are back and married

LOL I respectfully disagree. Schism and AvX happens were half reasonable for this s%8!
    These stories would happen anyway. there isn't love triangle if one of them is dead

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I have no problem with them having an iconic relationship. It’s true. They did. But like a lot of high school sweethearts who married young, they eventually realized they had grown apart. They still love one another, but aren’t in love with one another. And they are better with other people. Especially Scott with Emma. But also Jean with Logan. They’ve always had more passion. Always. Every kiss, from Inferno to X-Tinction Agenda to Morrison’s run (when Jean threw herself at Logan) or Casey’s run (with that hot cover of the two of them kissing)... all of those moments had more passion than pretty much any panel I’ve ever seen Jean share with Scott. And Jean even pushed Scott towards Emma in Here Comes Tomorrow.

So as I see it Scott and Jean have a deep relationship. Like two exes who are still great friends, and love one another, and are still maybe somewhat attracted to one another even. But they also have a lot of attraction for the new people they’ve moved on to.

That’s what it seems like to me anyway.
    But Jean hasn't moved on to anyone, despite Scemma. She is not allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Nope, because nothing on panel has yet to indicate that this is a degrading situation for Jean. Quite the opposite actually.

You have to do some serious mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion. I think some fans WANT this to be bad for her and are making it so in their minds.
    Isn't what you wrote in that post I replied to the opposite of what is in the comic? (i.e. Jean bedding any/all of them in some sort of showy dominance) You implied that people would still be denying that Jean is sexing up Wolverine and whoever else even if it was on panel. I was just making the point that nothing like that is close to being on panel.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-04-2020 at 12:12 PM.

BANNED

After Scott run away from her, the marriage was over. it was fair game for jean get another love interest too, but Morrison never had any intention of giving Jean a new love interest or continue her story. It was planned to kill her off.
    So Jean should give up on her healthy marriage because they couldn't get through some hard times of matured relationship for the first time????? This is exactly what I am saying is actually the opposite of woman empowering especially if she is married and Logan explained that himself.

Scott was quitting the X-Men because he felt guilty of what he did.

All mature relationships have ups and downs and giving up on it just shows the relationship is weak which wasn't true at all. It's both of their(especially Jean during those time) responsibilities they consult through in their weak and hard moments

She would have abused her own marriage because they were in a healthy relationship and during hard times one is supposed to hold on towards another who is been through some trauma or tough times.

She was inadvertently responsible for this because of relationship hypocrisies . I am not going dig this again for you.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-04-2020 at 12:48 PM.

BANNED

I respectfully disagree. I think their marriage was written very well, up until the Morrison run. They were sincere, genuine, and loving in all the ways you would expect of a married couple. I like that they're now functioning more as a family rather than a couple of newlyweds. But I think the ambiguity of Wolverine and Emma's place in their lives is what's causing all the drama, even though it's based entirely on off-panel assumptions.
    Nah Jean and Scott were boring during 90s and half responsible for being replaced during AoA.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-04-2020 at 12:21 PM.

BANNED

Nah Jean and Scott were boring during 90s and half responsible for being replaced during AoA.
    They really was like whats ONE iconic moment they gave us in the 90s? Psylocke hitting on him was more interesting and it lasted three panels.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Isn't what you wrote in that post I replied to the opposite of what is in the comic? (i.e. Jean bedding any/all of them in some sort of showy dominance) You implied that people would still be denying that Jean is sexing up Wolverine and whoever else even if it was on panel. I was just making the point that nothing like that is close to being on panel.
    No I know that isn't on panel, and obviously I was joking about people denying it.

But still, the hints we have are laying it on pretty thick and people are still saying there is no evidence. Between the Sinister Secrets, the prior history of all involved, the touchy feeliness of everyone, "Scott in a speedo," and Logan being the odd one out in living with the Summers clan and having a connecting bedroom to Jean, there is an obvious conclusion to make that people just don't want to accept.

BANNED

Being swingers is really the best thing that could ever happen to Jott.