Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The fabulously platonic adventures of Wolverine and Phoenix because they're totally not doing it right now and Scott is a jerkass for cheating on them both?

Sure, why not. It'll basically be X-Men Red vol. 2, but with more dude-on-dude action.
    Nah, it'll be a vaudeville-like farce with Jean and Logan constantly being intimate (in various degrees) where it's super obvious but Scott's continually obliviously in denial and saying things like, "Of course they aren't, it would be completely out of character for them to do that."

Cue laugh track.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Nah, it'll be a vaudeville-like farce with Jean and Logan constantly being intimate (in various degrees) where it's super obvious but Scott's continually obliviously in denial and saying things like, "Of course they aren't, it would be completely out of character for them to do that."

Cue laugh track.
    1. Thought it'd be a continuity-friendly ongoing as opposed to a What-If. Fair enough. Go nuts.
    2. Taking away the Jeansus Victim Complex thingy just like that, though? Jeansus' Legal Team will not appreciate.
    3. Out of curiosity, how does the maybe spiritual incest thingy from Cable's preview factor in?

In all seriousness, the aforementioned maybe spiritual incest thingy just might be the actual first almost-sorta-legit hint of Scott/Jean/Logan not banging.

1. Thought it'd be a continuity-friendly ongoing as opposed to a What-If. Fair enough. Go nuts.
    2. Taking away the Jeansus Victim Complex thingy just like that, though? Jeansus' Legal Team will not appreciate.
    3. Out of curiosity, how does the maybe spiritual incest thingy from Cable's preview factor in?

In all seriousness, the aforementioned maybe spiritual incest thingy just might be the actual first almost-sorta-legit hint of Scott/Jean/Logan not banging.
    Oh, there have been plenty of families who have had a favorite non-literal "aunt" or "uncle" play the role of "homewrecker." Hell, the literal incest of that melodrama dynamic is one of the key features of "Hamlet."

And for some reason I'm reminded of the old semi-rhyming joke, "Incest is Best: Keeps it in the family."

Oh, there have been plenty of families who have had a favorite non-literal "aunt" or "uncle" play the role of "homewrecker." Hell, the literal incest of that melodrama dynamic is one of the key features of "Hamlet."

And for some reason I'm reminded of the old semi-rhyming joke, "Incest is Best: Keeps it in the family."
    I get what you're saying, I'm just not sure how it applies to Logan being promoted to "familial" status after Scott and Jean started banging him. The only explanation I can come up with is Hickman pulling some sort of "Look, everyone but the Summers-Grey is now a vanilla prude, lolololol" joke. Which would admittedly be hilarious, despite the arbitrary randomness.

I get what you're saying, I'm just not sure how it applies to Logan being promoted to "familial" status after Scott and Jean started banging him. The only explanation I can come up with is Hickman pulling some sort of "Look, everyone but the Summers-Grey is now a vanilla prude, lolololol" joke. Which would admittedly be hilarious, despite the arbitrary randomness.
    I have two ideas, one in-story and one in real life:

1) As I speculated on in the other Rectangle Appreciation thread, I think there has been some telepathic sharing of consciousness that has resolved issues and previous conflicts and made people ok with previously repressed desires and feelings without the melodramatic soap opera aspects that would normally pop up in human relations. Mutants are different and will have different dynamics. Scott and Jean both 'love' Logan and want to be physically intimate and also have him in their lives as family too. He wants that too. Any 'issues' that might exist are resolved with deep telepathic communication to overcome any miscommunications or misunderstandings. And it's not any of the kids' business what the adults get up to.

2) It's what Hickman and co want and fictional characters do what their writers want them to do. "Out of Character" doesn't really apply if the creators just say it is. Hell, some of us are old enough to remember pre-Miller Batman and how different that shift was. I remember hearing an older fan (I was a teenager at the time) having a meltdown in my LCS because of what Miller did to his Batman after DKR and Year One came out. And "Out of Character" was used then too.

Batman is still pretty much the Miller version all these years later.

In reverse order:

2) It's what Hickman and co want and fictional characters do what their writers want them to do. "Out of Character" doesn't really apply if the creators just say it is. Hell, some of us are old enough to remember pre-Miller Batman and how different that shift was. I remember hearing an older fan (I was a teenager at the time) having a meltdown in my LCS because of what Miller did to his Batman after DKR and Year One came out. And "Out of Character" was used then too.
    Your post dealt with homewrecking/incestuous drama. Wolverine being promoted to full-time Summers (poor Gabby, lol) is pretty much the exact opposite of that. I wasn't addressing any potential OOC-ness.

1) As I speculated on in the other Rectangle Appreciation thread, I think there has been some telepathic sharing of consciousness that has resolved issues and previous conflicts and made people ok with previously repressed desires and feelings without the melodramatic soap opera aspects that would normally pop up in human relations. Mutants are different and will have different dynamics. Scott and Jean both 'love' Logan and want to be physically intimate and also have him in their lives as family too. He wants that too. Any 'issues' that might exist are resolved with deep telepathic communication to overcome any miscommunications or misunderstandings. And it's not any of the kids' business what the adults get up to.
    On the one hand, I'd actually be surprised if telepathy hadn't been used as a cheap-ass narrative shortcut to deal with shipping drama. On the other hand, these four people seem to hardly ever communicate about anything important. Just... I dunno. Mixed signals, I guess?

On the one hand, I'd actually be surprised if telepathy hadn't been used as a cheap-ass narrative shortcut to deal with shipping drama. On the other hand, these four people seem to hardly ever communicate about anything important. Just... I dunno. Mixed signals, I guess?
    Yhis i sHickman way: don't explain anything and everything is solved off-panel and OOC doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yhis i sHickman way: don't explain anything and everything is solved off-panel and OOC doesn't matter
    That's not entirely fair. The non-telepaths don't trust the telepaths enough to talk about things that matter and the telepaths are too busy being in love with themselves to care. Counts for something, right?

Whatever you have said on Jean and the sexist behaviour meted out to her is entirely true.

They have her die heartbroken, Ressurected, comes to know through teen Jean's memory that Scott chose Emma over her(his wife) and yet have her going to Scott for a kiss. That is just ridiculous. Women ain't doormats. Jean Grey can get anyone she wants. And Scott isn't some God's gift to womenkind.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    Whatever you have said on Jean and the sexist behaviour meted out to her is entirely true.

They have her die heartbroken, Ressurected, comes to know through teen Jean's memory that Scott chose Emma over her(his wife) and yet have her going to Scott for a kiss. That is just ridiculous. Women ain't doormats. Jean Grey can get anyone she wants. And Scott isn't some God's gift to womenkind.
    She has Jeen’s memory of that happening but she also has... her own memory of what happened in the affair and why it happened. Plus, I feel like all Jeen’s memory really does for Emma/the affair is flesh them out more as pretty f*cked up people who should probably seek therapy.

FB_IMG_1583878564726.jpg

Could we be getting an actual scene?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is probably Logan/Jean or domilossus.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Logan/Jean would be enough to have a triangle confirmation on paper eheheheh

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm pretty sure is Domilossus.

People are thinking this will be about rectangle? haha no. Domilossus have been building up

Percy seems to have all the Logean content in the Wolverine solo so I think this is about Domilossus (bless)