Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Domilossus is indeed sexy. But I can hope for some rectangles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Attachment 94280

Could we be getting an actual scene?
    It's the other should-be pairing, Domino-Colosuss, not Jean-Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    100%

It would be fun to take a poll though...haha!

100% true. Cyclops is wayyy too important in the X-Office to mess with Jean. she is his doormat and they will not show her in any happy scenes that does not involve him. Ugh!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    100% true. Cyclops is wayyy too important in the X-Office to mess with Jean. she is his doormat and they will not show her in any happy scenes that does not involve him. Ugh!
    To be fair, she has already had a couple of sweet/saccharine/happy moments without him, but right that we are definitely not going to see anything to describe as "sexiest" involving her.

Plus Colossus and Domino have clearly started building to that moment.

Id rather it be the better pairing, Wolverine and Domino

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id rather it be the better pairing, Wolverine and Domino

At some point, i really should get around reading the Sex and Violence mini.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I found the direct Hickman quote that I paraphrased recently in the Jean thread. Here it is:

"In regards to sexuality", he said "I don't want to ruin that for you, because it's really clever what we're doing - or you'll hate it"

A quick google search informs me that this quote from Hickman has been previously used in this thread, but I think it is obvious Hickman has something to say in regards to mutants and sexuality and so far all the hints, nods and winks relate to Jean, Scott, Wolverine, and Emma (and others but primarily with them).

I do hope eventually they spell out some things, but it may be clever to keep hinting so all shippers can have whatever combination they want. If you like Scott and Jean in a monogamous heterosexual relationship then they are in one! If you want Scott and Jean sleeping around with Logan and Emma then it also is happening. If you fantasize about Scott and Logan playing around some then it works too.

Why should mutants - who are rejecting a lot of human norms as a way to "other" themselves adopt practices like marriage and monogamy, that often places restrictions on women and support patriarchy. Mutants can and should attempt to be better (though ones who would want traditional roles should be allowed to do so).

Anywho, I was watching a True Blood clip where Jason and Eric have intimate contact (kissing, shirtless scene) which was all fantasy and it made me think how interesting a Scott and Logan scene could be especially like others suggested if it were just thoughts and on the astral plane. Telepaths I would think could have a lot of fun exploring various forms of intimacy just using their minds.

Jean merged minds in X-men Red. What would happen if Jean could merger minds with her and Scott or Scott and Logan or whatever combination. Scott and Logan could be closer than ever (and it wouldn't even have to be sexual - Rachel and Meggan had a rapport and the ultimate intimacy did they not?)

Anyhow, at first I was "blech" on all this - because I do see Jean as more traditional, but norms change and telepaths should be open minded and see beyond social and cultural mores and folkways, imo.

I do like that Scott and Logan are buddies again and they are no longer enemies or rivals. If they aren't sexual they should be at least close family - like brothers.

Edit: and by this thread I mean the last version of this thread.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 03-14-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I found the direct Hickman quote that I paraphrased recently in the Jean thread. Here it is:

"In regards to sexuality", he said "I don't want to ruin that for you, because it's really clever what we're doing - or you'll hate it"
    not even a bit of ego here LOL

A quick google search informs me that this quote from Hickman has been previously used in this thread, but I think it is obvious Hickman has something to say in regards to mutants and sexuality and so far all the hints, nods and winks relate to Jean, Scott, Wolverine, and Emma (and others but primarily with them).

I do hope eventually they spell out some things, but it may be clever to keep hinting so all shippers can have whatever combination they want. If you like Scott and Jean in a monogamous heterosexual relationship then they are in one! If you want Scott and Jean sleeping around with Logan and Emma then it also is happening. If you fantasize about Scott and Logan playing around some then it works too.

Why should mutants - who are rejecting a lot of human norms as a way to "other" themselves adopt practices like marriage and monogamy, that often places restrictions on women and support patriarchy. Mutants can and should attempt to be better (though ones who would want traditional roles should be allowed to do so).

Anywho, I was watching a True Blood clip where Jason and Eric have intimate contact (kissing, shirtless scene) which was all fantasy and it made me think how interesting a Scott and Logan scene could be especially like others suggested if it were just thoughts and on the astral plane. Telepaths I would think could have a lot of fun exploring various forms of intimacy just using their minds.

Jean merged minds in X-men Red. What would happen if Jean could merger minds with her and Scott or Scott and Logan or whatever combination. Scott and Logan could be closer than ever (and it wouldn't even have to be sexual - Rachel and Meggan had a rapport and the ultimate intimacy did they not?)

Anyhow, at first I was "blech" on all this - because I do see Jean as more traditional, but norms change and telepaths should be open minded and see beyond social and cultural mores and folkways, imo.

I do like that Scott and Logan are buddies again and they are no longer enemies or rivals. If they aren't sexual they should be at least close family - like brothers.
    If it isn't spelled out now i'm really doubt it will ever be. The teases are so juvenile

Hickman doesn't has power to pull this out when Perlmutter is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    not even a bit of ego here LOL

If it isn't spelled out now i'm really doubt it will ever be. The teases are so juvenile

Hickman doesn't has power to pull this out when Perlmutter is watching.
    I'd say any ego from Hickman is warranted lol. its not like my man can't walk the walk, just look at his CV
    I agree we're probably not gonna get unquestionable, air-tight cannon of the rectangle but polyamory has been established as pretty accepted on Krakoa in the books themselves as well as books outside the x-men periphery - I'd say that's pretty boundary-pushing considering marvel's track record
    mutant sexuality is being built towards something significant. the prophesied x-baby storyline cometh

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I'd say any ego from Hickman is warranted lol. its not like my man can't walk the walk, just look at his CV
    I agree we're probably not gonna get unquestionable, air-tight cannon of the rectangle but polyamory has been established as pretty accepted on Krakoa in the books themselves as well as books outside the x-men periphery - I'd say that's pretty boundary-pushing considering marvel's track record
    mutant sexuality is being built towards something significant. the prophesied x-baby storyline cometh
    he has some good comics mostly his FF run, but it's not liek he can't go wrong. His avengers run ended up being dissapoiting for example.

i'm on the show dont tell, even because they are barely telling anything. For me this is all spectable for some dumb headlines,
    majority of books are just making fun of orgies.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

Edit: and by this thread I mean the last version of this thread.
    I really don't see what's so clever about middle school innuendos.

"Whatever you like is canon! Whatever you don't is not!" is one of the worst types of storytelling imho.

By the way, monogamy is not "human" culture. Many communities and religions had polygamy/polyamory as norms, some have still to this day. Mutants didn't invent that and passing it off as some big "rejection of human ways" makes them look like hipsters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

"Whatever you like is canon! Whatever you don't is not!" is one of the worst types of storytelling imho.

By the way, monogamy is not "human" culture. Many communities and religions had polygamy/polyamory as norms, some have still to this day. Mutants didn't invent that and passing it off as some big "rejection of human ways" makes them look like hipsters.
    Well said!! While we're at it since New Mutants#9 am getting Ilyana-Cyke vibes.Majority say it's nothing, but that's the best way to build up a slow burn

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

There is no innuendo. It's very obvious Krakoa is a society where polyamory is not only easily accepted, but seems to be a rule. The only reason it's not spelled out it's so people that think that any woman that sleeps with more than one man is a whore can remain in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

the rejection of humanity by Krakoa is one hell of a dumb one. nothing clever on this, unless they think humanity is a monolith

They use human clothes, battle in a coliseum is a human thing, religion is a human thing.