Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Again, this happens in real life very often, and EXACTLY one of the reasons is because of one of the partners or both have never been involved sexually or romantically with anyone else.
    Who would you want Emma to be with besides Cyclops? (Not trying to bash him, i like him)
    I remember you not being much into stark and namor.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-14-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Sorry guys, but Jean Grey has only been shown with one partner EVER and suddenly she would be into polygamy? Even if you for some reason take all of the other dynamics between these four dynamos out of the equation, there's still that little detail that makes this hypothetical not quite believable.
    well people are pushing a agenda without caring if it fits the characters, so we have all this nosense for jean grey

Take this as just as much a criticism of the 'Jott or death' mandate for Jean Grey as you take it as criticism of AO3ing the characters without accounting for their histories.

Had Jean been allowed th he same opportunities for relationship exploration that some of the other characters have, this idea would be more grounded.
    The criticism is very fair for both.

Anything have to respect chaarcters stories, I was ok with iceman because that was a story waiting decades to happen.

Agree, Jean have to explore romantic world on her own, anything else feels very sexist. Like men again throwing her character around to be used

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Heterosexuality also exists. But apparently, we can't say that.
    I feel that people really want to ignore that striaght people exists.

Logan nor scott are gays or bisexuals, they never had attraction to men.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Fun fact. It's very normal for Bisexual people not to give "hints" about their bisexuality before coming out. No one expected me to be bisexual until I came out
    And if there is one male character that doesn't need many changes to be made Bi is Wolverine. You have subtext for Logan/Scott Logan/Kurt Logan/Remy and there's a canon version of Wolverine that is Bi/Gay
    Yeah the thing with revealing a character is bisexual...it doesn't invalidate their previous relationships. It's just a different facet of themselves they haven't explored or expressed that much.

And it's not like this definitively makes Logan bisexual, he could just have his time with Jean while Scott is ok with it and they are all on good terms. The speedo thing could just be a joke/teasing, though at this point I think Scott/Logan is FAR more likely than Logan and Emma getting involved.

Complain characters previously weren't shown to be poly is silly when something like this would be absolutely unthinkable and impossible even 5 years ago . Plus, many couples decide to open their relationships after years of monogamy, and they are often much older than Scott, Jean and Emma are, and don't have telepathic powers and a history of literally returning from the dead after months or years.
    Yeah, it's not like mainstream superhero comics have cared to even entertain the subject before. So of course there is no precedent for the four of them doing poly. But it is these four specifically because it's the one that would get the most attention. Nobody would give as much of a crap if it was some b or c list X-Men.

The love rectangle is likely never going away and we all likely have the MCU version to "look forward" to; this at least is an outside the box way of exploring it if it has to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Sorry guys, but Jean Grey has only been shown with one partner EVER and suddenly she would be into polygamy? Even if you for some reason take all of the other dynamics between these four dynamos out of the equation, there's still that little detail that makes this hypothetical not quite believable.
    Jean being down for this is hardly the most unrealistic thing that has happened in her batshit insane life.

I don't know why she needs to have other experiences for this to make sense for her. Surely there isn't some universal "map" for situations like this that apply for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    well people are pushing a agenda without caring if it fits the characters, so we have all this nosense for jean grey

The criticism is very fair for both.

Anything have to respect chaarcters stories, I was ok with iceman because that was a story waiting decades to happen.

Agree, Jean have to explore romantic world on her own, anything else feels very sexist
    And that's why she is doing what no other woman on Marvel is and doing two guys at the same time.
    With two characters she has story with.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    And that's why she is doing what no other woman on Marvel is and doing two guys at the same time.
    With two characters she has story with.
    talk that to mockingbird!!!! at least with her it was fun and made sense for the characters.

I really doubt that Jean would be doing two guys. JDW wouldn't panic to get Jean anew love interest on Age of X-man if she was with two guys.

I really don't think dating two men is progressive

well people are pushing a agenda
    What is the agenda exactly?

The gay agenda

gay and poliamori. People can't deny there is a agenda behind this.
    They are just making people be against it instead of help

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Please don't call obvious-as-crap-trolling-innuendos "subtext".
    Compare what Claremont did to What hickman is trying, an dit is night and day. Claremont at least tried to be adult and build something.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-14-2020 at 03:25 PM.

talk that to mockingbird!!!! at least with her it was fun and made sense for the characters.

I really doubt that Jean would be doing two guys. JDW wouldn't panic to get Jean anew love interest on Age of X-man if she was with two guys.

I really don't think dating two men is progressive
    1- it also makes sense with Jean. It is not my coup of tea and i know you don't like it either but it is what is happening. At least she has story with these guys. It would be more out of character if she suddenly was doing two she had nothing to do with

2- well she is doing it.

3- Some people think it is progressive and others not. These are all opinions

gay and poliamori. People can't deny there is a agenda behind this.
    So, the good old gay agenda. Here to turn our children into godless communists.

How about. "Writer wants to write a story". That sounds quite more likely than "Mega corporation which has shown time and time again that the only thing it cares about is money is trying to force writers into putting something they basically forbidd in movies till this day"

1- it also makes sense with Jean. It is not my coup of tea and i know you don't like it either but it is what is happening. At least she has story with these guys. It would be more out of character if she suddenly was doing two she had nothing to do with

2- well she is doing it.

1 doesn't make sense and is not happening. Unless it is acknowledged on page instead of 5th grade innuendos

2 she isn't

3 it's not a opinion when one guy cheated on her and the other sexually assaulted her many times. if people want to ignore all te implications, that doesn't look good or progressive

So, the good old gay agenda. Here to turn our children into godless communists.

How about. "Writer wants to write a story". That sounds quite more likely than "Mega corporation which has shown time and time again that the only thing it cares about is money is trying to force writers into putting something they basically forbidd in movies till this day"
    i'm communist and I'm not straight. of course it doesn't matter on this conversation

Writer isn't even telling a story, he is destroying characters and their stories because he is bating people. If he was serious about this, at least I could accept but he isn't

I wouldn't even say it fits in the conservative-progressive spectrum. It's human relationships, not politics

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Who would you want Emma to be with besides Cyclops? (Not trying to bash him, i like him)
    I remember you not being much into stark and namor.
    I'm not sure. I'm not for her with Stark because he nearly destroyed her life in AvX for stupid reasons and with Namor because the retcon between the two of them was stupid and used to lessen Emma.

i'm communist and I'm not straight. of course it doesn't matter on this conversation

Writer isn't even telling a story, he is destroying characters and their stories because he is bating people. If he was serious about this, at least I could accept but he isn't
    If he has shown one thing is that he is writing a really long term story. If you want to see whether he is serious you are going to have to wait. the X-men flagship right now is mostly setting up future stories

Complain characters previously weren't shown to be poly is silly when something like this would be absolutely unthinkable and impossible even 5 years ago . Plus, many couples decide to open their relationships after years of monogamy, and they are often much older than Scott, Jean and Emma are, and don't have telepathic powers and a history of literally returning from the dead after months or years.
    poor excuse, if this can happen now it could happen before. where was that subtext?? well it didn't existed.

marvel can't allow the word "cramp" but folks think poliamor gonna happen

I wouldn't even say it fits in the conservative-progressive spectrum. It's human relationships, not politics
    everything is political

If he has shown one thing is that he is writing a really long term story. If you want to see whether he is serious you are going to have to wait. the X-men flagship right now is mostly setting up future stories
    Nah he isn't. it doesn't need to be long because he isn't building the relationships, just doing the bare minimum so people goes crazy and make some headlines.