Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

The hooded cape isn't that far off from what Zatanna usually sports. Though it seems DC loves to have it's magical or magical-adjacent characters sport hooded-looks; Spectre, Raven, New 52 Billy and Black Adam, even WW in JLD.

The hood is a little odd, but overall I like it. I’d be fine with it as the new normal.

The hood seems to evoke the fact that magic users are being hunted down in the JLD story, so she's probably trying to look a little more incognito.

I tried cropping the pic to get a better look at the costume:

DC-Comics-Future-Slate-Promo.jpg

She looks very youngish in the pic. Almost like a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She looks very youngish in the pic. Almost like a teen.
    Is Zatanna an immortal? Or perhaps she becomes one sometime inbetween the present DCU and Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Is Zatanna an immortal? Or perhaps she becomes one sometime inbetween the present DCU and Future State.
    I've heard from fans that they are long lived but I haven't been able to find a source.

I think it's just artist interpretation.

The more I look at it, the more I like it. The hood doesn’t even really bother me. I hope it becomes her new JLD (or solo, if we ever get one again) look.

Marcio Takara posted a page on Twitter.

EkaVSO2WkAIIJv_.jpg

Im so glad Zee doesn't have that Bangs + braid look anymore. It looked so awful. Even Alvaro Martinez who came up with that look changed it after issue #3 to the double braids. I liked the double braids.

Everything else was great about the last look. I liked the blue coat and leather pants. It was just the hair that didn't fit well. Isaac Goodhart's version was the best.

20200121_201828.jpg

I also liked Jorge Jimenez's version where he swapped the blue coat for a black jacket and brought back the top hat.

20200111_143232.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Marcio Takara posted a page on Twitter.

EkaVSO2WkAIIJv_.jpg

Im so glad Zee doesn't have that Bangs + braid look anymore. It looked so awful. Even Alvaro Martinez who came up with that look changed it after issue #3 to the double braids. I liked the double braids.

Everything else was great about the last look. I liked the blue coat and leather pants. It was just the hair that didn't fit well. Isaac Goodhart's version was the best.

20200121_201828.jpg

I also liked Jorge Jimenez's version where he swapped the blue coat for a black jacket and brought back the top hat.

20200111_143232.jpg
    She really looks like Raven.

I'm happy we're moving away from the coat and leather pants myself but I've never been in love with Zee's JLD look.

Also looks like Chimp is about to go Etrigan.

And in a new tale of the Justice League Dark, a witch hunt across the DC Universe begins as magic users are harvested and executed—and the team is on the run! Zatanna and Detective Chimp (now possessed by Etrigan) must round up new and old teammates, including John Constantine, Ragman, and Madame Xanadu. Their mission? To battle the power-mad Crow King, Merlin, before his plans for magical domination destroy the fabric of reality. But where is Dr. Fate? And what led the team to disband in the first place? Discover the truth here!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    And in a new tale of the Justice League Dark, a witch hunt across the DC Universe begins as magic users are harvested and executed—and the team is on the run! Zatanna and Detective Chimp (now possessed by Etrigan) must round up new and old teammates, including John Constantine, Ragman, and Madame Xanadu. Their mission? To battle the power-mad Crow King, Merlin, before his plans for magical domination destroy the fabric of reality. But where is Dr. Fate? And what led the team to disband in the first place? Discover the truth here!
    Ragman!? I love Ragman! I hope he moves over to the team in the main series.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

This is super cute! I love it .